If you could rewrite the Constitution, what would you change?

--Are the qualifications for POTUS or Congress rigorous enough?
POTUS, absolutely not - you can't become an assistant manager at Burger King without having worked there for a while, but CEO of the entire country is a "no experience necessary"?

"Anybody can be President" is not an encouragement; it is a warning.
--Should gerrymandering be addressed in the Constitution?
Yes - the electoral college is bad enough, but gerrymander bends it even further away from proportional voting strength.
--Should the Electoral College be eliminated or reconfigured?
Abolished - the person that gets the most votes, should win.
They are president of the country, not the states.

The US needs to make its mind up - is it a country, or not?

POTUS, absolutely not - you can't become an assistant manager at Burger King without having worked there for a while, but CEO of the entire country is a "no experience necessary"?

"Anybody can be President" is not an encouragement; it is a warning.

Yes - the electoral college is bad enough, but gerrymander bends it even further away from proportional voting strength.

Abolished - the person that gets the most votes, should win.
They are president of the country, not the states.

The US needs to make its mind up - is it a country, or not?
Why should we care what an outsider thinks?

You have no skin in the game.

I will put you down as one who believe that politics is the exclusive realm of the ruling class.
No more than being the manager of a shop or warehouse is the sole province of the "ruling class".
It is a matter of experience, not class - I want my politicians to know what they are doing, and they higher up the ladder they claim, the more experience they should have.

The fact that there isn't even a ladder, when it comes to the US Presidency, is utterly inane.

I certainly think the 2nd amendment is due for an overhaul, and that the 1st amendment could be more explicit.

The duties of SCOTUS could be clearer and should be time limited.

Comments?

I would add an amendment requiring term limits for congress. This can be accomplished by organizing a term limits convention where 34 state legislatures meet and bypass congress altogether to provide a much needed revision that eliminates a position of ostensibly permanent power for congressmen and women in United States government.

______ USA

It is a matter of experience, not class - I want my politicians to know what they are doing, and they higher up the ladder they claim, the more experience they should have.

The fact that there isn't even a ladder, when it comes to the US Presidency, is utterly inane.
As an American, I don't think I agree with you.

Yes, I sympathize with your opinion; it does seem inane that that experience isn't necessarily a requirement for the US presidency. It's the same with congressional legislative positions, too.

"Experience" is in the eye of the voter - and I think I like it that way. Imagine voting in George Carlin as POTUS; most intelligent people would like the idea, even if they'd prefer someone with a career in politics. It's obvious that experience isn't a reliable predictor of voter approval; lifelong politicians can be a part of the problem.

The REAL problem is that some American voters prefer to tear down their country's government. This can be done by voting experienced politicians into office as well, but the inexperienced ones also come with a giant middle finger to the rest of the country; they're elected to anger/insult folks their constituents dislike.

Having some experiential requirement for office isn't going to get rid of the problem...

I certainly think the 2nd amendment is due for an overhaul, and that the 1st amendment could be more explicit.

Comments?
I would repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments, I would add penalties for violating the Constitution, I would clarify the 1st and 2nd Amendments, I would de-nationalize the National Guard, I would prohibit property taxes, put a sunset clause on all federal taxes, I would abolish all agencies and cabinets not directly related to Article I, Section 8. I would return all federally held land not covered under the Enclave Clause to the states, I would make it illegal for any military unit or active duty military personnel to serve under the authority of the UN, I would abolish the Federal Reserve, I would grant freedom to Puerto Rico, and probably some other things

Now, this is the part where you respond with something stupid.

Last edited:
I would repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments, I would add penalties for violating the Constitution, I would clarify the 1st and 2nd Amendments, I would de-nationalize the National Guard, I would prohibit property taxes, put a sunset clause on all federal taxes, I would abolish all agencies and cabinets not directly related to Article I, Section 8. I would return all federally held land not covered under the Enclave Clause to the states, I would make it illegal for any military unit or active duty military personnel to serve under the authority of the UN, I would abolish the Federal Reserve, I would grant freedom to Puerto Rico, and probably some other things

Now, this is the part where you respond with something stupid.
What if Puerto Rico wants to be a US State?

How would you fund education which is currently done by property taxes?

Comments?
This clarifies a lot of your posts...and clarifies why you prefer tyranny. It's cozy to be controlled by someone else, and told what to think, isn't it? Right up to where they weld you into your home, and no one ever hears from you again...

...which would be CARM's tragic loss, which also explains why most of us love the US Constitution and the entertainment value you freely bring here.

This clarifies a lot of your posts...and clarifies why you prefer tyranny. It's cozy to be controlled by someone else, and told what to think, isn't it? Right up to where they weld you into your home, and no one ever hears from you again...

...which would be CARM's tragic loss, which also explains why most of us love the US Constitution and the entertainment value you freely bring here.
Marxism is Central Planning.

Comments?
I don't think the constitution should be rewritten. An amendment to add congressional term limits however would be helpful.

How is it tyranny to have a clearly written Constitution that could not be twisted into pretzels by justices who think they can devine the thoughts and intentions of the Founders? And come up with interpretations that coincidentally align with their conservative positions!

Your side is the side attempting to control others - banning books, going after companies that disagree with your policies and refusing to allow women agency.

What about it?

I wouldn't. Did you not see the part about abolishing and defunding everything that is not authorized by the Constitution?
You were the one who said Puerto Rico should be set free. My point is they might not want independence, but prefer becoming a state.

And property taxes that fund education are local taxes, not federal.

How is it tyranny to have a clearly written Constitution that could not be twisted into pretzels by justices who think they can devine the thoughts and intentions of the Founders? And come up with interpretations that coincidentally align with their conservative positions!

Your side is the side attempting to control others - banning books, going after companies that disagree with your policies and refusing to allow women agency.
Give us an example of a written document that cannot be twisted into pretzels.

Back