Ignorance is defined as "lack of knowledge or information".

You are very ignorant.

I have often said that intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity confuses people more than it helps them.

To test my theory...

Can the Trinitarians on this forum who HAVE made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity answer this question...

WHO does the word "God" in Genesis 1:1 refer to?

I am guessing that many will answer "I do not know."

Now ask the person sitting next to you Sunday who has NOT made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity if THEY can answer the question...

I am guessing that many will answer "Yahweh."

I too would answer "Yahweh/YAH", and here is how I describe the distinctions between the Father, the Son, the Spirit, and YAH...

YAH is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. YAH is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal YAH is called God the Father.

YAH

Psalm 68:4 NKJV... Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him.

is spirit
John 4:24 NKJV... “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

and is the only one who is eternal...
Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV... The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’
Isaiah 37:16 NKJV... “O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, the One who dwells between the cherubim, You are God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.

YAH is also in the universe as spirit
Genesis 1:2 NKJV... The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

and as a human...
1 Timothy 3:16 NKJV... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God
Genesis 1:2 NKJV... The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God
Luke 1:35 NKJV... And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

and eternal YAH is called God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 NKJV... yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Now ask the person sitting next to you Sunday who has NOT made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity if THEY can answer the question...

I am guessing that many will answer "Yahweh" or "Jehovah".

Both names are translations of YHWH in Hebrew.

Last edited:

I have often said that intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity confuses people more than it helps them.

To test my theory...

Can the Trinitarians on this forum who HAVE made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity answer this question...

ROFL. If you think this is a good measure of how confused people are, then you are far, far more ignorant that I thought.

I too would answer "Yahweh/YAH", and here is how I describe the distinctions between the Father, the Son, the Spirit, and YAH...

And, such is completely besides the point. Of course, it is YHWH. Have you specified which person of the three who are YHWH was speaking? Nope. Thanks for wasting everyone's time with this nonsense.

God Bless

Of course, it is YHWH.

I expect that most who have NOT made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity will answer Yahweh as well.

But I am curious how your fellow Trinitarians on this forum will answer since...

According to Trinitarians, God is one WHAT, three WHO's.

So TRINITARIANS, how would you answer the question...

I would think the best Trinitarian answer would be...

There are three who the word "God" in Genesis 1:1 refers to; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
And, such is completely besides the point. Of course, it is YHWH. Have you specified which person of the three who are YHWH was speaking? Nope. Thanks for wasting everyone's time with this nonsense.
I expect that most who have NOT made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity will answer Yahweh as well.
But I am curious how your fellow Trinitarians on this forum will answer since...

Are you serious? What does God being one what and three who's have to do with which person is speaking in a particular verse? One is an analogy related to understanding the philosophical structure of the Trinity while the other is a question of interpretation. Hello? Really, is anyone there? Are you just wasting time, or are you just trying to make yourself look foolish?

There are three who the word "God" in Genesis 1:1 refers to; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Then you are clueless. One of the who's is speaking. Which one is the question. Thinking it can be the three who's as if the three are not three is just nonsense.

God Bless

Then you are clueless. One of the who's is speaking. Which one is the question. Thinking it can be the three who's as if the three are not three is just nonsense.

You seem to have forgotten that NO ONE is speaking in Genesis 1:1.

But I AGREE with you that the best Trinitarian answer is "is just nonsense" (to use your language).

WHO does the word "God" in Genesis 1:1 refer to? (The FIRST verse in the Bible.)

But I am NOT a Trinitarian !!!

I believe Yahweh is who the word "God" in Genesis 1:1 refers to.

You seem to have forgotten that NO ONE is speaking in Genesis 1:1.

Is the entire purpose of switching back and forth between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3 to try and trick me? Congratulations, you caught me. I made a mistake. What kind of person would stoop to such to win a point?

But I AGREE with you that the best Trinitarian answer is "is just nonsense" (to use your language).

The silliness of one who thinks these games he is playing with words are meaningful. We both know what I said, and be both know it could not be applied like you applied it. How disingenuous does one have to be to stoop to such?

God Bless

Is the entire purpose of switching back and forth between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3 to try and trick me? Congratulations, you caught me. I made a mistake. What kind of person would stoop to such to win a point?

How exactly did I trick you ???

This thread NEVER mentions Genesis 1:3.

The OP (and the whole thread) is about the FIRST verse in the Bible, Genesis 1:1.

There is NO "switching back and forth between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3" ???

But since you did not notice that, your initial answer must not have been for my actual question.

So now that you know the FIRST verse in the Bible is the context, can you answer the question...

Remember, this is the FIRST verse in the Bible.

Last edited:

To test my theory...

YAH is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. YAH is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal YAH is called God the Father.

YAH

Psalm 68:4 NKJV... Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him.

is spirit
John 4:24 NKJV... “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

and is the only one who is eternal...
Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV... The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’
Isaiah 37:16 NKJV... “O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, the One who dwells between the cherubim, You are God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.

YAH is also in the universe as spirit

and as a human...
1 Timothy 3:16 NKJV... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God

YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God
Luke 1:35 NKJV... And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

and eternal YAH is called God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 NKJV... yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
There is ignorance and then there is down right stupidity and I believe that God would define stupidity as when someone seeks to know God or understand the scriptures using his own intellect instead of seeking and asking and waiting upon God to give him discernment for every word in the Scripture by the Holy Spirit.

There are two witnesses that God has given unto us by which we can consume the truth of his word into our being and it isn't the written scriptures and the human intellect but rather the written scriptures and the Holy Spirit who inspired them to begin with and Sola Scriptura will not get you the truth without the other witness of the Holy Spirit either.

I believe that the mainstream church went into apostasy because they replaced a knowledge of the scriptures by the Holy Spirit with a knowledge of the scriptures by the human intellect instead and in place of the Spirit.

I believe also that anyone reading the "ECF's" writings, ought to be able to see this in action, for all they were doing is intellectualizing and philosophizing the scriptures right out of the truth within them and that is why after 2000 years they are still in divisions that make the church of Corinth pale in comparison.

Last edited:
How exactly did I trick you ???

This thread NEVER mentions Genesis 1:3.

And? You have on others. Do you really think it's reasonable to chastise someone for not realizing which thread they were on and on which thread you mentioned Genesis 1:3? What kind of person would stoop to such to win a point?

God Bless

And? You have on others. Do you really think it's reasonable to chastise someone for not realizing which thread they were on and on which thread you mentioned Genesis 1:3? What kind of person would stoop to such to win a point?

God Bless

So NOW that you know the first verse in the Bible is the context, ARE YOU ABLE to answer the question...