I'm decreed to be born a slave of sin, oh boy, I have an excuse!

civic

I think I have told you before, that I do recognize that there are verses on both sides of this. We all know the ones you are citing and have leaned on them for our whole Christian life, but there are also verses which tell a different story. Why would we want to twist those and run away from them? I want to look at it all and then have doctrine that embraces everything I can find in the Word.

As a side, when you fill your posts with more stuff than people want to look at, it just gets ignored. You have been told this. I think this forum works better if people limit their posts to fewer ideas at a shot, so a person can grasp and respond to it all.

Concerning John 2:9 - Jesus said he would raise the temple of His body. Obviously what everyone saw was not the body He died in. We have already discussed that not a single person recognized Him on sight or at hearing His voice. So that makes us have to look again by what He meant that He would raise the temple of His body. Something in that is the understanding of why He was appeared in a different body than He died in.
Funny how you have a long convoluted cut n paste post you criticize others for doing what you just cut n pasted

T

TomFL

I think I have told you before, that I do recognize that there are verses on both sides of this. We all know the ones you are citing and have leaned on them for our whole Christian life, but there are also verses which tell a different story. Why would we want to twist those and run away from them? I want to look at it all and then have doctrine that embraces everything I can find in the Word.

As a side, when you fill your posts with more stuff than people want to look at, it just gets ignored. You have been told this. I think this forum works better if people limit their posts to fewer ideas at a shot, so a person can grasp and respond to it all.

Concerning John 2:9 - Jesus said he would raise the temple of His body. Obviously what everyone saw was not the body He died in. We have already discussed that not a single person recognized Him on sight or at hearing His voice. So that makes us have to look again by what He meant that He would raise the temple of His body. Something in that is the understanding of why He was appeared in a different body than He died in.
Do you think the bible contradicts itself ?

Do you imagine an author says one thing in one place and the opposite in another

That is not how the bible should be interpreted

and if you find yourself coming to such a conclusion you have misinterpreted the verse

above you have just ignored the words of Christ based upon your rationalizations and faulty interpretation

As for Jesus not being recognized we learned

1 It was dark when Jesus appeared to Mary and she had her back to him

2 The two on the road were prevented from recognizing Jesus

3 your Mark passage if valid stated he appeared in a different form but different from what it does not say
Is Mark just relating what Luke told us about their eyes being prevented from recognizing Jesus

On the other hand Jesus stated he would raise his body

you appear to be saying he was wrong

Again not the way to handle scripture