I'm decreed to be born a slave of sin, oh boy, I have an excuse!

ReverendRV

Definitely been called a Pandeist. In fact, that is usually the last argument that someone tries to use against me. It is the "only thing they have left".

Pandiesm has never has influenced me. Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. As you know, I believe in the Orthodox doctrine of the Trinity.

There is no Scripture to imply that Space is referenced in the same way. The Scripture dealing with Beginning and End pretty much establishes the Divine Characteristic of time.
If I put words in your mouth, let me know. Regarding this subforum; since we have our movement and Being In God, how are we responsible for Sinning? What about Election and Reprobation; would your viewpoint mean that these are Unconditional Consequences of God's Timing?

praise_yeshua

If I put words in your mouth, let me know. Regarding this subforum; since we have our movement and Being In God, how are we responsible for Sinning?

One of the greatest challenges to Calvinism is found in the sermon you reference.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

"since we have our movement and being in God" means that we owe our very existence to God's handywork.

Acts 17:28b "For we are also his offspring"

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Responsibility for sin is the same regardless of system. It was man's freewill choice to reject the counsel of God.

What about Election and Reprobation; would your viewpoint mean that these are Unconditional Consequences of God's Timing?

Election is God's purpose in creating a being in His likeness. A WILLING servant. (In the likeness of Jesus Christ) In fact, I've argued for many many years that freewill is the only option that makes the entirety of God's revelation work....

The only way man could know both Good and Evil.

Reprobation is for those who refuse to acknowledge God

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

ReverendRV

Election is God's purpose in creating a being in His likeness. A WILLING servant. (In the likeness of Jesus Christ) In fact, I've argued for many many years that freewill is the only option that makes the entirety of God's revelation work....
That's what I was wondering about. Because of our Will, as Material Creatures we move ourselves; right?

praise_yeshua

That's what I was wondering about. Because of our Will, as Material Creatures we move ourselves; right?
Only within boundaries.

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

There are limits. You can call it "partial freewill". I would accept that.

Consider for a moment, the limitless nature of our imagination. In our minds, we think we can do anything. Yet, we are powerless at so many levels to accomplish what we desire.

Terry43

I have posted this verse to you how many times now ?

Try reading it very sloooooooooly as my answer to you has not changed one bit.

James 1:13
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.

hope this helps !!!

but somehow I doubt it will..................................

next...............................................................................
God has Satan tempt you ..satan is a tool in the hand of God

ReverendRV

Only within boundaries.

There are limits. You can call it "partial freewill". I would accept that.

Consider for a moment, the limitless nature of our imagination. In our minds, we think we can do anything. Yet, we are powerless at so many levels to accomplish what we desire.
Then why is Time not a Communicable Attribute of Space; our Material Human Being?

ReverendRV

It can be. Just not always. Currently I believe it is. At a fundamental level it is just sequence. Cause/Effect.
Would you then say that God's Timing and our timing are why people are Reprobate or Elect? Does God's Timing have anything to do with Predestination?

praise_yeshua

Would you then say that God's Timing and our timing are why people are Reprobate or Elect? Does God's Timing have anything to do with Predestination?

Predestination involves many different things. In the context of Adam, it involves a construct that conforms the willing to be conformed to Jesus Christ. The unnamed and unwilling ultimately are conformed to the judgment of their father Satan.

God's timing is patience on display.... not willing that any should perish and that all should come to repentance.

ReverendRV

Predestination involves many different things. In the context of Adam, it involves a construct that conforms the willing to be conformed to Jesus Christ. The unnamed and unwilling ultimately are conformed to the judgment of their father Satan.

God's timing is patience on display.... not willing that any should perish and that all should come to repentance.
Thanks for that, it cleared up my thinking. I was looking at the Timing of God's Will, as if It were his Providence. Do you Conflate God's Attribute of Time, the same as his Providence?

Last edited:

CrowCross

That is not explained well, how He appeared and where He was when they could not see Him. But your phrase "from another dimension" is probably on target. I'd have said "from the spiritual realm" just in the way that angels appear on earth and take on whatever form they need.
Of course when I say this, then they will claim I am saying Jesus is an angel, whereas what i am really saying is that both angels and God live in the spiritual realm and when they appear they take on some form in order to be seen,
Jesus is the sole exception to that at His birth, being born into a body of flesh, what i would call in spanish, Dios con carne.
But the post resurrection appearances show something different than a human body appearing and reappearing.
It was a resurrected human body.

Could Adam and Eve do something similiar prior to their fall?

Last edited:

praise_yeshua

Thanks for that, it cleared up my thinking. I was looking at the Timing of God's Will, as if It were his Providence. Do you Conflate God's Attribute of Time, the same as his Providence?

I believe Providence does include some attributes of time that don't necessarily confine themselves to a specfic fixed point in time.