I'm decreed to be born a slave of sin, oh boy, I have an excuse!

Sethproton

It was a resurrected human body.

Couls Adam and Eve do something similiar prior to their fall?
And this is where you will find me heretic compared to mainstream Christianity.
I think others think as you may be suggesting, that the resurrected body of Christ was like what Adam had before the fall.
First verse that comes to mind is that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.
Concerning what Adam could do, it would be conjecture, and really beyond scripture.
My understanding as of today is that His resurrected body was of a spiritual nature, designed to live in the spiritual world, but in order for the disciples to understand what had happened, He had to take on tangible bodies for them to see and touch so they could understand that he had come back to life.
The pictures in the gospels seem to indicate that His old body had come back to life except that nobody recognized Him. In the letters you will not find them saying that His eternal body is a body of flesh.

CrowCross

I think others think as you may be suggesting, that the resurrected body of Christ was like what Adam had before the fall.
First verse that comes to mind is that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.
Concerning what Adam could do, it would be conjecture, and really beyond scripture.
My understanding as of today is that His resurrected body was of a spiritual nature, designed to live in the spiritual world, but in order for the disciples to understand what had happened, He had to take on tangible bodies for them to see and touch so they could understand that he had come back to life.
The pictures in the gospels seem to indicate that His old body had come back to life except that nobody recognized Him. In the letters you will not find them saying that His eternal body is a body of flesh.
Prior to the fall Adam and Eve had life.

1 John 3:2 2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears,a we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.

I think Adam and Eve were like Jesus prior to the fall.

praise_yeshua

There are so many things wrong with this. Jesus withheld himself from his disciples immediately following His resurrection. Jesus also later told his disciples to handle Him. That a spirit did not have flesh and blood. He told Thomas to examine his wounds.

His earthly body wasn't cast aside to corrupt.

Sethproton

There are so many things wrong with this. Jesus withheld himself from his disciples immediately following His resurrection. Jesus also later told his disciples to handle Him. That a spirit did not have flesh and blood. He told Thomas to examine his wounds.

His earthly body wasn't cast aside to corrupt.
I agree with all those things you said about Him and His disciples and His interaction with Him. If you double check what I said, you will not see me disagreeing with any of those things.

But your statement that His earthly body was not cast aside to corrupt. I agree with, but maybe not with where you would go with that idea.
It was prophesied that God's holy One would not see corruption, which I believe refers to His body. if it had lain in the tomb for three days it would have begun to corrupt, rot. As someone said about Lazarus, "He'll stink"
Therefore His body did not lay and rot. I believed what happened to it is exactly what will happen to all physical creation at the end. It will be rolled up like and old garment and thrown away, to be replaced by a new world, or in His case, a new body. His body did not rot in the tomb. It was disposed of by God and He was given a new spiritual body. Since He is the firstborn from the dead, and the rest of us will be born from the dead on resurrection day, getting new bodies, there must be a parallel between Him and us.

T

TomFL

You have already denied a spiritual body is an immaterial body

Are you going back on that ?

Sethproton

You have already denied a spiritual body is an immaterial body

Are you going back on that ?
Tom. you are not even trying to understand what i am saying.
Why would you think you can effectively argue against my position if you don't make the effort to understand what is being said to you?
I never denied that our spiritual body will be immaterial. It is what i have said all along about His new body and ours. they will be spiritual. immaterial. Not suited for this realm.
After i have clearly said this to you maybe 5 times, how is it you still do not know what i am saying?

So again, if you want to argue against what i am saying, then pay attention to what i am really saying and stop arguing straw men. You can never prove me wrong by misrepresenting my argument.

T

TomFL

Why would you think you can effectively argue against my position if you don't make the effort to understand what is being said to you?
I never denied that our spiritual body will be immaterial. It is what i have said all along about His new body and ours. they will be spiritual. immaterial. Not suited for this realm.
After i have clearly said this to you maybe 5 times, how is it you still do not know what i am saying?

So again, if you want to argue against what i am saying, then pay attention to what i am really saying and stop arguing straw men. You can never prove me wrong by misrepresenting my argument.
Explain how us

Do you recall a bodiless body is idiotic (your words)

Bodiless is a synonym for spiritual/spirit

So a body composed of spirit is nonsense

You have misused the term body

a body is defined as physical

and you have misused the term spiritual

spirit is defined as immaterial

praise_yeshua

I agree with all those things you said about Him and His disciples and His interaction with Him. If you double check what I said, you will not see me disagreeing with any of those things.

But your statement that His earthly body was not cast aside to corrupt. I agree with, but maybe not with where you would go with that idea.
It was prophesied that God's holy One would not see corruption, which I believe refers to His body. if it had lain in the tomb for three days it would have begun to corrupt, rot. As someone said about Lazarus, "He'll stink"
Therefore His body did not lay and rot. I believed what happened to it is exactly what will happen to all physical creation at the end. It will be rolled up like and old garment and thrown away, to be replaced by a new world, or in His case, a new body. His body did not rot in the tomb. It was disposed of by God and He was given a new spiritual body. Since He is the firstborn from the dead, and the rest of us will be born from the dead on resurrection day, getting new bodies, there must be a parallel between Him and us.

Paul spoke of how our "body" from heaven will "cloth" us. Can you explain this in context of your comments?

Sethproton

Explain how us

Do you recall a bodiless body is idiotic (your words)

Bodiless is a synonym for spiritual/spirit

So a body composed of spirit is nonsense

You have misused the term body

a body is defined as physical

and you have misused the term spiritual

spirit is defined as immaterial
Bodiless is not a synonym for spiritual. I disagree with your premise. Therefore your conclusion is not mine.
Instead I agree with the Bible that there are natural and spiritual bodies.
Angels, are spiritual and have spiritual bodies.

civic

Bodiless is not a synonym for spiritual. I disagree with your premise. Therefore your conclusion is not mine.
Where does the bible say angels have: spiritual bodies ?

Once again you like to make things up out of thin air that are not in the bible. This is just another example how you make things up and your ideas are unbiblical and you try pawning them off as biblical. That is deceiving on your part.

hope this helps !!!

T

TomFL

You are disagreeing with the dictionaries not me

spiritual
[ˈspiriCH(o͞o)əl]

ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
    "I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    nonmaterial · inner · psychic · psychical · psychological · incorporeal · intangible · otherworldly · unworldly · ethereal · transcendent · mystic · mystical · numinous · metaphysical · extramundane · immaterial
incorporal, intangible., ethereal all synonyms of bodiless

1. spiritual adjective
    lacking material body or form or substance
    "spiritual beings"; "the vital transcendental soul belonging to the spiritual realm"-Lewis Mumford
  2. apparitional, ghostlike, ghostly, phantasmal, spectral, spiritualadjective
    resembling or characteristic of a phantom
    "a ghostly face at the window"; "a phantasmal presence in the room"; "spectral emanations"; "spiritual tappings at a seance"

and Meriam Webster

Synonyms & Antonyms of spiritual

(Entry 1 of 2)
1not composed of matter
  • a staunch skeptic and realist, he scoffs at the very notion of ghosts and other spiritual entities
Synonyms for spiritual

Sethproton

Where does the bible say angels have: spiritual bodies ?

Once again you like to make things up out of thin air that are not in the bible. This is just another example how you make things up and your ideas are unbiblical and you try pawning them off as biblical. That is deceiving on your part.

hope this helps !!!
Where does the Bible say that angels have no bodies. Everything God created has a body. But there are different types of bodies.