I'm decreed to be born a slave of sin, oh boy, I have an excuse!

Sethproton

It’s your claim and your responsibility to verify it’s truth claim .
maybe yu missed it. Angels are thrown into the lake of fire and tormented. This indicates some type of body which allows them to be tormented
Let me add that the Bible teaches that we will be like the angels in heaven. If we are like them, and that determines the type of body and actions we will be doing, then they have bodies of some type.

praise_yeshua

It does not have a flesh and blood body

I asked you earlier about...

2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Sethproton

I asked you earlier about...

2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
What did you ask me? I do speak about this passage when discussing the new body. Verse one makes a distinction between the two bodies. In your translation, the flesh one is dissolved and the spiritual one is from the heavens

But what was your question?

praise_yeshua

Why would that be a problem for you?

Job 14:5 tells us— “God has decided the length of our lives. He alone knows how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.”

Job said that. He was wrong.

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

praise_yeshua

What did you ask me? I do speak about this passage when discussing the new body. Verse one makes a distinction between the two bodies. In your translation, the flesh one is dissolved and the spiritual one is from the heavens

But what was your question?

How does this "spirit body".... "CLOTH" something if it is immaterial?

Also, notice the very word "body"....

civic

Job said that. He was wrong.

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
And Job said after he is dead and his body decayed- yet in my flesh I will see the Lord.

Amen for truth over fiction .

Sethproton

How does this "spirit body".... "CLOTH" something if it is immaterial?

Also, notice the very word "body"....
First thing. You are speaking of the spiritual realm as if it is the earthly realm.
They are different and have different qualities.
The Bible uses earthly ideas to help us understand spiritual realities.
But a body in the natural universe, will not have the same properties and qualities as a body in the spiritual realm

civic

First thing. You are speaking of the spiritual realm as if it is the earthly realm.
But a body in the natural universe, will not have the same properties and qualities as a body in the spiritual realm
Where does the Bible ( not you) ever refer to a Body that is immaterial?

Sethproton

Where does the Bible ( not you) ever refer to a Body that is immaterial?
Some things are so obvious they do not need to be said. The spiritual realm is not the same as the physical realm. the spiritual realm is eternal, the physical is temporary. All things of the physical world will be destroyed, brought to nothing. Spirit cannot be destroyed, it is eternal,
It is obvious that in heaven, a body will be different from on earth. But scripture is clear, This current body will be destroyed and replaced.
Heaven is an immaterial place. All beings there must be suited to live in an immaterial world.

praise_yeshua

You have no Scriptural reason to reject what the Scriptures clearly say and yet here you are doing it?

Why not just abandon your preference. The only preference we should have is for the truth. You can't find truth rejecting the clear wording of Scripture.