I'm decreed to be born a slave of sin, oh boy, I have an excuse!

praise_yeshua

Some things are so obvious they do not need to be said. The spiritual realm is not the same as the physical realm. the spiritual realm is eternal, the physical is temporary. All things of the physical world will be destroyed, brought to nothing. Spirit cannot be destroyed, it is eternal,
It is obvious that in heaven, a body will be different from on earth. But scripture is clear, This current body will be destroyed and replaced.
Heaven is an immaterial place. All beings there must be suited to live in an immaterial world.

The Scriptures say....

2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

civic

Some things are so obvious they do not need to be said. The spiritual realm is not the same as the physical realm. the spiritual realm is eternal, the physical is temporary. All things of the physical world will be destroyed, brought to nothing. Spirit cannot be destroyed, it is eternal,
It is obvious that in heaven, a body will be different from on earth. But scripture is clear, This current body will be destroyed and replaced.
Heaven is an immaterial place. All beings there must be suited to live in an immaterial world.
Again you avoided the question and deflected.

Where in the Bible does the word soma ( body ) ever mean immaterial?

I will give you a clue using the context of the Resurrection. Try 1 Cor 15 where it is used of many different types of material bodies . Stars , moon , planets, animals, fish , man, plants , trees etc !!!!

hope this helps !!!

ReverendRV

Again you avoided the question and deflected.

Where in the Bible does the word soma ( body ) ever mean immaterial?

I will give you a clue using the context of the Resurrection. Try 1 Cor 15 where it is used of many different types of material bodies . Stars , moon , planets, animals, fish , man, plants , trees etc !!!!

hope this helps !!!
A Star's body is a good example; over time it changes, but is still a Material body. According to the Bible, they differ in glory...

TomFL

Scripture nowhere states the body will be destroyed and replaced

Scripture shows there is continuity between the body that was and the one that will be

You posit two separate bodies with no continuity

civic

Scripture shows there is continuity between the body that was and the one that will be

Yes it’s just one of many things he has to make up so that he can promote his false christ who is not a real man. Everything in scripture must be twisted and denied regarding Jesus humanity. These include the following:

The Resurrection
The Incarnation
The gospel
Body
Man
Mediator
Son of man
The Ascension
His 2nd Coming
The new earth
The New Jerusalem
The Millennium

And numerous other doctrines as well. It has a trickle down effect into everything.

Sethproton

You have no Scriptural reason to reject what the Scriptures clearly say and yet here you are doing it?

Why not just abandon your preference. The only preference we should have is for the truth. You can't find truth rejecting the clear wording of Scripture.
Can you be specific? Quote the verse word for word that you think I am rejecting.

Sethproton

You are right about the lack of continuity. The Bible does not claim there is continuity, in the verse he had quoted. It just says the first is dissolved and the second comes from heaven.
Do you want to manufacture continuity where it is not stated?
Why do you claim there is no verse stating the first is destroyed. And I repeat, another posted actually typed the verse in saying the first is dissolved and the second is reserved in Heaven. There may be some continuity, but it is not stated there

Theo1689

How do you know that is the verse he means?
But since you selected that one, tell me the words there you think I reject.

<sigh>
Why do you keep playing stupid games like this, Seth?
All you ever do is answer questions with questions, DODGE DODGE DODGE.

Why don't you simply:
1) quote the verse;
2) say what you think it means;
3) and say whether you believe it or not?

ReverendRV

<sigh>
Why do you keep playing stupid games like this, Seth?
All you ever do is answer questions with questions, DODGE DODGE DODGE.

Why don't you simply:
1) quote the verse;
2) say what you think it means;
3) and say whether you believe it or not?
Because he's making a good living at this, that's why. I don't know what he is reaping, but it's got to be worth it...

As an Animal Control Officer, I tell people who call about Strays, "It probably thought it could make a good living here" at their house. Believe me; he's making a good living here, or he would go eat out of the neighbor's food bowl...

Bruiser-isms...

Sethproton

Because he's making a good living at this, that's why. I don't know what he is reaping, but it's got to be worth it...

As an Animal Control Officer, I tell people who call about Strays, "It probably thought it could make a good living" at their house. Believe me; he's making a good living here, or he would go eat out of the neighbor's food bowl.
rev, when do your games stop? I offered to discuss the words of the verse the other poster thought I was misinterpreting. You jumped in with your own verse when nobody was talking to you, yet i still offered to tell you what i offered to tell him. But you don't really want me to, so you play games. Why is this such a big game to you guys?