Impossible to Perfectly Keep the Law? No such excuse!

Carbon

The way of sin is temptation, every man is tempted by his own lust.
If we say we have no sin, we lie and deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We have an enemy within, Paul said, “I find a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me” Rom 7:21

Indwelling sin is called a law, the principle is the driving force.

Carbon

If one takes Rom 7:14-25 as Paul being a Christian then that is precisely what he says! Fortunately, I do not, so I can’t answer your question!

Doug
Why would you not believe Paul was not a Christian when he wrote Romans?

Do you realize that scripture teaches deceit is the fountainhead of every sin?
Look at Eve, she was beguiled before she ate.
And today the devil still follows the same course. 2 Cor 11:3.

there are many scriptures which warn the believers of deception.

??

Carbon

It's often argued that 'Command does not imply ability;' and that God demands what is impossible for men. I find no such excuse in Scripture. The reason no man perfectly keeps the law is because no man wants to, and not because no man can
Well Ken, that depends on the time of day whether a man wants to or not.

But the simple fact that every man sins is a fact that no man can perfectly keep the law.

Indwelling sin remains in man after their conversion. It retains its power, efficacy and effects. It’s a law.
Paul says so himself: I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. Rom 7:21
So, how and why would you disagree? Would you like to try and prove Paul wrong?

May I make a request for your starting point in proving Paul wrong? Here, the previous verse Rom 7:20
But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

civic

Why would you not believe Paul was not a Christian when he wrote Romans?

Do you realize that scripture teaches deceit is the fountainhead of every sin?
Look at Eve, she was beguiled before she ate.
And today the devil still follows the same course. 2 Cor 11:3.

there are many scriptures which warn the believers of deception.

??
I think he is saying Paul was a Christian when writing Romans but his Romans 7 experience was before conversion. But I'm sure @TibiasDad will clear that up for us.

TibiasDad

Right, but where does it blame it on the Devil as you claimed?

The question is not blame but causation. We do not sin solely because we want to. There are other forces that are brought to bear on us. We are indeed culpable, but the reason we sin is because of sin living in us, separating us from God, our only source of power over sin. Is is ultimately because of Satan's deception that we sinned, and we wouldn't have done it without him. He is the Deceiver, and is culpable for his role.

We are culpable because we willingly believe his deception rather than God. Being deceived is not to be forced against our will; but being deceived is the direct cause of our wilful choice.

Doug