"In Christ" Question for Calvinists.

You avoided the question .
No, I answered the question in you which you carelessly put words in my mouth.

Here: And he said, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”

There's the answer. Note it's not in one of the Gospels, but in the OT.

Correction . An infant ( possibly ) did one time and that was David’s hope...
There you you again putting words in another's mouth. That is a bad reading habit that's is going to keep you believing bad theology. David never said anything about hoping to go to the infant, David said, emphatically, he would go to the infant. David believed in the love of God, you should, too.

not God saying his infant would be in heaven .
I disagree. If what David said were not true, it would have been so stated.

There you you again putting words in another's mouth. That is a bad reading habit that's is going to keep you believing bad theology. David never said anything about hoping to go to the infant, David said, emphatically, he would go to the infant.

I disagree. If what David said were not true, it would have been so stated.
Not everything he said in did was truthful now was it ?

That was not the claim, the claim was that they wil be with God if they die
Not if you believe in original sin every one is doomed from adams sin prior to sinning . Age of the sinner is irrelevant . Original sin is you are born a sinner before sinning. Flood infants , Sodom and Gomorrah , firstborn in Egypt and all the infants killed by Israel in the Old Testament are lost, reprobate sinners created for destruction . They are not saved infants .

Not if you believe in original sin every one is doomed from adams sin prior to sinning . Age of the sinner is irrelevant . Original sin is you are born a sinner before sinning. Flood infants , Sodom and Gomorrah , firstborn in Egypt and all the infants killed by Israel in the Old Testament are lost, reprobate sinners created for destruction . They are not saved infants .
Yes, I understand. I do not accept the doctrine of original sin the way I have heard it, And like you are saying, I think. David denied original sin by saying he would see his child again.

Where David deny original sin?
I probably cannot explain it better, but I will try.
David's child had not matured enough to use language, to understand God, or to make a committment to Him, yet David assumes that child will be in Heaven, and that David will be united with the child in the afterlife.

If David believed in original sin, the way some do now, he woud have to have accepted that his child, unable to respond to God, would be condemned to Hell for the original sin he was imputed guilt for.

I probably cannot explain it better, but I will try.
David's child had not matured enough to use language, to understand God, or to make a committment to Him, yet David assumes that child will be in Heaven, and that David will be united with the child in the afterlife.

If David believed in original sin, the way some do now, he woud have to have accepted that his child, unable to respond to God, would be condemned to Hell for the original sin he was imputed guilt for.
David believed in the goodness of God, as do I. David also knew he was conceived in sin Ps 51. As with David, so is his son with the Lord.

David believed in the goodness of God, as do I. David also knew he was conceived in sin Ps 51. As with David, so is his son with the Lord.
What do you think conceived in sin means?
This is a pivotal verse for some doctrine because it is the single reference to that idea.
Can you provide a scriptural and logical explanation of what David meant by being conceived in sin?

Back