"In Christ" Question for Calvinists.

I didn't receive the Holy Spirit as per Acts 2:38.
I received the Holy Spirit as I repented and was being regenerated.
A perfect example of synergy.
When I was regenerated I was placed into Christ. Prior to the creation of the world God choose me to be placed into Christ during my life.
God actually "chose us in Him" at the time specified by Eph 1:4. He didn't choose to put us on a future agenda to be chosen later. He actually chose us in Him before the foundation of the world.

Eph 1:4: "according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,"

Well feel free to to fill in the word wherever you like.
2 Pet 1:5-10 is perfectly written just the way it is to show you that our election is dependent/conditional on us being fruitful.
Same thing as your other proof texts. It's written to believers. Their elect already. After all how can you be faithful to something your not part of to begin with?
Thank you Captain Obvious. 2 Pet 1:5-10 is written to believers because it is up to them to make their election sure.
Again, maintenance not admission.
Let's say I don't maintain my marriage vows, does that necessarily mean I am no longer married?
Your reasoning here is a little convoluted.
Careful. You're asking for a divorce with thinking like that.

2 Pet 1:5-10 is perfectly written just the way it is to show you that our election is dependent/conditional on us being fruitful.

Thank you Captain Obvious. 2 Pet 1:5-10 is written to believers because it is up to them to make their election sure.

Careful. You're asking for a divorce with thinking like that.
Shows no such thing. As I pointed out and you ignored, they are already elect. It's not about how you become elect. Who is it written to?

If it's up to you then God plays no part in election. Which is silly.

My point about marriage goes unaddressed.

Back