Indwelling and sanctifying the Church is the role of The Holy Spirit ONLY.

Here is another big difference between the doctrine of the Trinity and my view.

Trinitarians believe that each of the three divine Persons has unique roles. And they say the fact that they each have different roles is one of the proofs they are distinct Persons.

That is why TRINITARIANS say indwelling the Church (Christians) is the role of The Holy Spirit ONLY.

So just to clarify since those statements included two verbs...
1a) The Father indwells the Church. TRUE or FALSE
1b) The Father sanctifies the Church. TRUE or FALSE
2a) The Son indwells the Church. TRUE or FALSE
2b) The Son sanctifies the Church. TRUE or FALSE

Correct. False to all questions.
Indwelling and sanctifying the Church is the role of The Holy Spirit ONLY.

Whereas I believe Christ lives within Christians...

Romans 8:9-10... But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

johnny guitar

Here is another big difference between the doctrine of the Trinity and my view.

Trinitarians believe that each of the three divine Persons has unique roles. And they say the fact that they each have different roles is one of the proofs they are distinct Persons.

That is why TRINITARIANS say indwelling the Church (Christians) is the role of The Holy Spirit ONLY.

Whereas I believe Christ lives within Christians...

Romans 8:9-10... But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.
Christ indeed lives within all Christians, BUT it is The Holy Spirit who indwells and guides the Church.

Christ indeed lives within all Christians, BUT it is The Holy Spirit who indwells and guides the Church.

I said... The Son indwells the Church. TRUE or FALSE

You said... False

So TRINITARIANS, what is the difference between "lives within" and "indwells"?

Since you say they are NOT the same thing.

johnny guitar

I said... The Son indwells the Church. TRUE or FALSE

You said... False

So TRINITARIANS, what is the difference between "lives within" and "indwells"?

Since you say they are NOT the same thing.
No difference in meaning, but the subject is WHO indwells the CHURCH.

No difference in meaning, but the subject is WHO indwells the CHURCH.

Note: I believe "the Church" means "all Christians". I would assume you agree, but let me know if you disagree.

So if there is "No difference in meaning" between the terms "lives within" and "indwells"...

How can you confirm both of these statements?

"Christ indeed lives within all Christians."

"The Son does not indwell the Church."

Your statements ONLY make sense if one of these is true...

"Christ" and "The Son" do NOT refer to the same Person.

"lives within" and "indwells" do NOT have the same meaning.

"the Church" does NOT refer to "all Christians".

Last edited:

Our Lord's God

Note: I believe "the Church" means "all Christians". I would assume you agree, but let me know if you disagree.

So if there is "No difference in meaning" between the terms "lives within" and "indwells"...

How can you confirm these two statements?

Your statements ONLY make sense if "lives within" and "indwells" have DIFFERENT meanings.

Some like to play a divide and conquer routine to cherry pick what they would like to believe according to their own desires.

johnny guitar

How can you confirm both of these statements?

Your statements ONLY make sense if one of these is true...

"Christ" and "The Son" do NOT refer to the same Person.

"lives within" and "indwells" do NOT have the same meaning.

"the Church" does NOT refer to "all Christians".
The Church is the body of ALL Christians and is indwelled and guided by The Holy Spirit.
End of story.

The Church is the body of ALL Christians and is indwelled and guided by The Holy Spirit.
End of story.

You say that is the "End of story."

So according to your TRINITARIAN beliefs, the story does NOT include the Church also being indwelt by Christ.

Right?

Colossians 1:27... To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Romans 8:10... And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

johnny guitar

You say that is the "End of story."

So according to your TRINITARIAN beliefs, the story does NOT include the Church also being indwelt by Christ.

Right?

Colossians 1:27... To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Romans 8:10... And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Nevertheless The Church is indwelled and sanctified by The Holy Spirit.
That is His special role