Infant "Baptism"

To be clear, you believe that regeneration happens when one is baptized?
That is what Scripture plainly states. For example, in the context of the baptism from God Jesus plainly made a categorical statement to the unbelieving Nicodemus, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3, KJV)

The KJV translators chose to translate the indefinite pronoun in the passage as, "a man.".The NASB translates the indefinite pronoun as, "one," and footnotes that, "born again," can also be translated as, "from above."

“Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again [from above] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”” (John 3:3, NASB)

After Nicodemus failed to understand Him Jesus continued with another categorical statement to the unbelieving and uncomprehending Nicodemus. “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5, KJVA)

The KJV translators chose again to translate the indefinite pronoun as, "a man." And the NASB continues to translate the indefinite pronoun as, "one." “Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5, NASB)

Later, in Matthew twenty-one, Jesus asked the chief priests and elders of the people whether John's baptism is from heaven or from men? The unbelieving chief priests and elders wouldn't say. However, Scripture tells us in John one and John three that it is from God, from above. Also in Matthew twenty-one Jesus tells the unbelieving chief priests and elders that John came in the way of justification or righteousness.
You believe that the Holy Spirit is given to one when they are baptized?
Scripture clearly states regarding baptism that the promised gift of the Holy Spirit is received in baptism, for the promise is unto you and your offspring, and all who are far off, as many as the LORD shall call, see Acts 2:38-39.

Not up to me to clean up your mess.

Your notion of faith is wrong. Faith is not something we do to get God to save us.
Well cleaning up to our best abilities may indeed at least in part our responsibility correcting in love with the spirit of truth and sanctifying with God's word.

As for your second statement, most would agree with that. The difference is who is doing the baptism? Baptism is something that is always done to mankind. Many worldwide understand that God is the baptizer working through men.

Not up to me to clean up your mess.

Your notion of faith is wrong. Faith is not something we do to get God to save us.
Not my mess.

Baptism is not how one is saved. Baptism is not the means by which one is sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.

Facts matter.

The proof of the lie of baptismal regeneration is found in the fact that not one of the sects that practice it baptize adults. LOL

Not my mess.

Baptism is not how one is saved. Baptism is not the means by which one is sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.

Facts matter.

The proof of the lie of baptismal regeneration is found in the fact that not one of the sects that practice it baptize adults. LOL
Baloney.

Not my mess.

Baptism is not how one is saved.

That's not what Peter said.

Baptism is not the means by which one is sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.

Nobody said it was. Water baptism is dying together with Christ. Spirit baptism is being raised up together with Christ. The latter does not occur without the former. No cross, no resurrection life.

Facts matter.

And I'm guessing you will reject them when you find them inconvenient to your personal desires.

I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about here.

That is a silly and false assertion. Where did you read it or hear it? Is it something you made up?

For the record, I am an adult convert who was baptized. Our churches baptize adults whenever it is appropriate, for example, those who have never been baptized, and those who received a cult baptism. What we don't do is re-baptize adults who have been previously baptized into the true Christ with the trinitarian formula found in Matthew 28.

Baptism is the work of God for you.

Reactions: Nic
That's not what Peter said.

Nobody said it was. Water baptism is dying together with Christ. Spirit baptism is being raised up together with Christ. The latter does not occur without the former. No cross, no resurrection life.

And I'm guessing you will reject them when you find them inconvenient to your personal desires.

I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about here.
Baptism symbolizes dying with Christ. We are not saved by a ritual but by faith.

Paul said he was not sent to baptize, clearly proving that baptism is not the gospel and not the means of salvation.

I'm afraid you really don't know what you are talking about here.

Baptism symbolizes dying with Christ.

UnBiblical man made myth.

We are not saved by a ritual but by faith.

We are saved by God who raises us up to new life having first died together with Christ.

Dying together with Christ is how we put our faith in Christ.

Paul said he was not sent to baptize, clearly proving that baptism is not the gospel and not the means of salvation.

Then why did he baptize? Your statement is made in ignorance and you need to work on your basic reading comprehension.

Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name. 16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.

Any lights going on yet?

I'm afraid you really don't know what you are talking about here.

I'm afraid it is obviously the other way around.

UnBiblical man made myth.

We are saved by God who raises us up to new life having first died together with Christ.

Dying together with Christ is how we put our faith in Christ.

Then why did he baptize? Your statement is made in ignorance and you need to work on your basic reading comprehension.

Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name. 16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.

Any lights going on yet?

I'm afraid it is obviously the other way around.
Putting our faith in Christ is how we die with Christ.

Paul said he was not sent to baptize.

1 Cor 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made of no effect.

Could not be any clearer. Baptism is not the gospel according to the word of God.

Paul said he dies with Christ daily. Do you think he is baptized daily?

Putting our faith in Christ is how we die with Christ.

Chapter and verse?

Or are you just making things up again?

Paul said he was not sent to baptize.

1 Cor 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made of no effect.

Could not be any clearer. Baptism is not the gospel according to the word of God.

I see. You can't manage basic reading comprehension skills here.

The Corinthians were dividing into factions based on Paul's wisdom, Peter's wisdom, Apollos' wisdom as if they had been baptized into Paul and his wisdom, or baptized into Peter and his wisdom, and so on.

Here it is again. Maybe the light will go on this time:

Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name. 16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in wisdom of word, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.

But Paul did baptize as he says right here. He baptized people into the name of Christ, not Paul, not Peter, not Apollos. Paul was not crucified for them, Christ was and so they died together with Christ in baptism, not Paul.

Paul said he dies with Christ daily. Do you think he is baptized daily?

Did you even bother to read the context? The Bible for you seems to a book to look for excuses for yourself. Was this comment above supposed to nullify what he had said about dying and being buried together with Christ? It seems nullifying his words are what you are aiming for here. WHY? Do you have a creedal idol to serve?

Back