Interesting argument on pardoning Drumpf's kids...

Whateverman

I'm not sure I buy everything being said here, but it's worth a gander. There's logic as well as legal precedent for the notion that the current so-called president wont pardon his children.

"Donald Trump cares for no one or for anything except for himself... that includes his own children. Donald Trump will only do what benefits Donald Trump."

Cohen said that if Trump pre-pardoned his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who has not been charged with any crime, Kushner would lose his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

"That means that Jared could be compelled to testify in a court of law or even have to appear before a hearing before Congress," he said, adding that the questions asked of him would be "against Donald Trump."

"So Donald is now thinking in his head, 'if I give this guy the pass to keep his *ss out of prison, he may be putting mine in,'" Cohen said, "so the question again becomes, 'if I give somebody a pardon, how can it hurt me more than help me?'"

His view chimes with a conclusion of a paper by University of Missouri legal professor Frank O. Bowman III published last month, which said that a pardon "erases the Fifth Amendment privilege."

This actually "might make it easier for criminal and civil investigative authorities and Congress to compel testimony from the person pardoned," the paper said.

Whateverman

I view everything from Cohen with suspicion. He's slimy, and will use his celebrity to make back some of the money he'd gotten used to - so claims like the ones in this article should be taken with a grain of salt.

Still, the fact that his claims dovetail with the opinions of published lawyers makes the article more credible...