Interesting article on religious doubts

bigthinker

Rescues can be freely rejected. Remember Wrong Way Feldman?
You're not thinking. try harder; you're all over the place.
The issue is that your God is weak and unable to save. Your God is powerless over rejection.
Your God is weak, like you.
Do you have anyone making excuses for you - the way you make excuses for God?

bigthinker

Obviously not. You reject Him with your "big thoughts," and He still sustain your weak little life.
But he is powerless to save me. And that's what we're taking about.
If he can't save me because he feels rejected, how could he possible be capable of sustaining me?

If your God saved me, would I become bitter, weak and hateful like you?

bigthinker

Create a universe and sustain it for 13.8 billion years. Let's see your big thinking accomplish that.
Considering the scope of creating a universe, it should be easy for you to present evidence of the existence of the cause.
Go ahead, present it.

thinking is hard for you.

stiggy wiggy

Considering the scope of creating a universe, it should be easy for you to present evidence of the existence of the cause.
Go ahead, present it

Lol. So you figure it'd be easy to retrieve a 13.8 billion year old souvenir? BIG DUMB THOUGHT, but funny.

bigthinker

Create a universe and sustain it for 13.8 billion years. Let's see your big thinking accomplish that.
Unfortunately, no evidence of God creating a universe.
Like I said, there is nothing that is possible to do that your God can do.
If there was, you would be able to cite it.

The Pixie

How many universes have you created an sustained for billions of years? How many species of life have you created from scratch? ZERO? You're quite a weakling by comparison, eh?
Me? None. How is that relevant?

Has the Christian God? He cannot even stop kids getting cancer! Looks to me like he is taking credit for someone else's work.

You might want to retire that one. It's old enough to receive disability.
But that does not make it false.

Afterall, Christianity is nearly 2000 years old - does that make it false? Of course, it has been peddling jam tomorrow all that time, and Judaism was for the same God for centuries before that.

The Pixie

And yet He does.
Does he? How do you know?

Why does he not cure all kids with cancer? Is there a correlation between surviving cancer and religion? I have never heard of it. Kind of makes God look fickle.

Meanwhile you can't cure a hangnail..
Why should I think God can?

Maybe they get better on their own, and Christians just pretend it was God. Like they do with childhood cancer.

Running out of material, little man?
I make no claims to originality.

Jam tomorrow has been the commodity religion has been selling for well over 2000 years. No surprise sceptics have been pointing this out for a long time.

It is curious the best response Christianity can muster up is to say this is an old objection. If it is so old, Christianity has had a long time to work out a counter-argument. Especially if they have God on their side! So where is it?

stiggy wiggy

Why does he not cure all kids with cancer?

He will.

Why should I think God can?

You can't. No spiritual insight.

Jam tomorrow has been the commodity religion has been selling for well over 2000 years.

I prefer peanut butter.

It is curious the best response Christianity can muster up is to say this is an old objection.

Not interested in your ignorant and twisted opinion of what "Christianity says." It says nothing to me.

The Pixie

Jam tomorrow!

Christianity has been peddling that promise for nearly 2000 years. When are you getting to wake up, stiggy?

You can't. No spiritual insight.
Wishful thinking more like.

I prefer peanut butter.
Your religion is based on selling jam tomorrow, but you actually prefer peanut butter today! Interesting.

Not interested in your ignorant and twisted opinion of what "Christianity says." It says nothing to me.
Good dodge, stiggy.

We both Christianity has failed to address this for centuries, so just pretend I have an "ignorant and twisted opinion of what "Christianity says", without bothering to say what your position is because, well, you have none. Just an empty promise of jam tomorrow.