Interesting article on religious doubts

bigthinker

Correct.

Then explain how all your big thinking has no impact upon it whatsoever.
There's no impact because there's nothing to impact. Your beliefs are nothing.
You've offered nothing of consequence; no part of your beliefs impacts me at all.
They can be dismissed as easily as you assert them.

bigthinker

Then how can you know I'm imagining them? Didn't "big think" that one out too well, now didja?
Because I know. God revealed it to me. See how that works? ;-)
Besides, you yourself make the case that it's all imaginary.
Keep trying to think, Stig. But don't hurt yourself.

bigthinker

So all your big thinking quotes here amount to your attacks on nothing? Windmills?
The problem is that people like yourself apoarently can't tell the difference between imaginary and real.
Obvious bs. They impact you enough for your fake big thoughts to reply to them over and over again.
Having shed the shackles of belief, I remain fascinated by those who are are able to delude themselves. More specifically I'm interested in WHY people willingly delude themselves. Or at least willingly hide from truth/reality.

bigthinker

The reason you know is because you know? Heap big thought.
Yes. Just like you, right? you don't have any evidence but you believe you're right.
So obviously believing you're is correct is a sufficient standard. I'm using the same standard you use.
Besides, can you prove I don't know? (Of course you can't. )
But you don't believe in God. Big thought lie.
That's what's so amazing about it!

Quote me making the case that it's all imaginary.
You don't understand?
Your inability to demonstrate that your beliefs are grounded in reality, your repeated failures to show that God exists outside of your imagination makes the case.

stiggy wiggy

The problem is that people like yourself apoarently can't tell the difference between imaginary and real.

WRONG! For example, I know that the bigness of your thoughts is imaginary.

More specifically I'm interested in WHY people willingly delude themselves.

So why HAVE you deluded yourself into thinking you have big thoughts?

stiggy wiggy

I just need your failure to present your evidence. if you had it, you could present it.

Prove it. Prove you could present evidence to Stevie Wonder that most fire engines are red. Prove that your inability to do so would prove that most fire engines are NOT red.

bigthinker

Prove it. Prove you could present evidence to Stevie Wonder that most fire engines are red. Prove that your inability to do so would prove that most fire engines are NOT red.
YOU are proving it.
You are following form, playing your character, acting predictably.
If you had presentable evidence, you wouldn't need to dodge, obfuscate, attempt to shift the burden or move the goalposts.
You don't have any and you're demonstrating that you don't.
Nice work.

stiggy wiggy

.......... the goalpost

Imagining goalposts now, fake colossal cogitator? You ducked your task, so here it is again:

Prove you could present evidence to Stevie Wonder that most fire engines are red. Prove that your inability to do so would prove that most fire engines are NOT red.

bigthinker

Imagining goalposts now, fake colossal cogitator? You ducked your task, so here it is again:

Prove you could present evidence to Stevie Wonder that most fire engines are red. Prove that your inability to do so would prove that most fire engines are NOT red.
All I have to do is let you make my case for me.
You're doing a great job.
Try to focus on the issue. Stevie Wonder is a distraction for you.
Your God exists outside of your imagination right?
You believe your God has the ability to impact the real world, to affect the world in a way I could detect, yes?

You are drawing an analogy with the Stevie Wonder example. the analogy is that the existence of your God is to me in the same way that color is to a blind person.
That analogy only holds if your God exists entirely in your imagination or is incapable of affecting the real world.
Try thinking a bit bigger, bub.

Last edited: