Interesting article on religious doubts

stiggy wiggy

You are drawing an analogy with the Stevie Wonder example. the analogy is that the existence of your God is to me in the same way that color is to a blind person.

CONGRATULATIONS! A big thought finally kicked in and you got something right.

That analogy only holds if your God exists entirely in your imagination or is incapable of affecting the real world.

Aw, and you were doing so well there. Let me dumb it down to your fake big thinking level:

Fire engines are red.
Stevie Wonder cannot have that DEMONSTRATED to him.
Nevertheless, fire engines are red.

Stevie is not so dumb as to claim:

"Since you cannot DEMONSTRATE to me that fire engines are red, THEREFORE red fire engines are IMAGINARY."

bigthinker

CONGRATULATIONS! A big thought finally kicked in and you got something right.

Aw, and you were doing so well there. Let me dumb it down to your fake big thinking level:

Fire engines are red.

"Since you cannot DEMONSTRATE to me that fire engines are red, THEREFORE red fire engines are IMAGINARY."
surely you aren't actually as dense as you let on.
Basically: (I'll dumb it down for you) you cannot demonstrate the existence of your God outside of your imagination because Stevie Wonder can't appreciate the color red the way you do.
Appreciation of a color occurs in the mind, which is where your God exists. . You can't demonstrate the color red for the same reason you can't demonstrate the existence of your God.

Thank-you for not only making but also demonstrating my point.
You are easily played, my friend.

stiggy wiggy

surely you aren't actually as dense as you let on.
Basically: (I'll dumb it down for you) you cannot demonstrate the existence of your God outside of your imagination because Stevie Wonder can't appreciate the color red the way you do.
Appreciation of a color occurs in the mind, which is where your God exists. . You can't demonstrate the color red for the same reason you can't demonstrate the existence of your God.

Not taking about APPRECIATING the color red, but EXPERIENCING its reality. Try again:

Fire engines are red.

]

bigthinker

Not taking about APPRECIATING the color red, but EXPERIENCING its reality. Try again:
Yeah, they're the same thing. Any thinking person understands that.
Either way, you believe in a God that can only be appreciated by you as an experience in YOUR imagination. YOUR God is personal and is only experienced/appreciated by YOU.
Fire engines are red.

]
Right. YOU cannot demonstrate the existence of God, YOU cannot demonstrate the existence of God outside of your imagination.
THEREFORE your God is imaginary.

Thank you for continuing to make my case by not presenting any evidence. You make it very easy for me.

stiggy wiggy

YOUR God is personal and is only experienced/appreciated by YOU.

Demonstrate that to be true.

Right. YOU cannot demonstrate the existence of God,

Fire engines are red.

bigthinker

Demonstrate that to be true.
Yes. I've already thanked you for making my case.
Fire engines are red.

In this case you CANNOT demonstrate that your God exists outside of your imagination.
If you could, you would.

If you are arguing that your God exists in a special way that cannot be demonstrated to other people, I will, of course, agree because your God is imaginary and that is what prevents you from making your case.

stiggy wiggy

Yes. I've already thanked you for making my case.

You have no case.

In this case you CANNOT demonstrate that your God exists outside of your imagination.

Fire engines are red.

bigthinker

You have no case.

Fire engines are red.

you are repeating yourself without answering the questing.
How long will it take you to realize the reason you don't want to answer the question; don't want to present evidence is because you can't? How long will you delude yourself?
And WHY?

Try thinking.
It works for a lot of us.

stiggy wiggy

you are repeating yourself without answering the questing.

The QUESTING? Are you on a quest? For what? Big thoughts?

How long will it take you to realize the reason you don't want to answer the question; don't want to present evidence is because you can't? How long will you delude yourself?

So it's true.You DO think the failure to "present evidence" to Stevie Wonder that fire engines are red should lead Stevie to believe they are not.

BIG THOUGHT!