Interesting paper

Ah, the golden future. Suffer now comrade, but your children's children will live in the animal's paradise. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples. Do you know what would happen if we pigs failed in our duty? The planet will be doomed!

That isn't the topic.

No, that isn't conspiracy: theres nothing secret about it. It's collusion.
Depends on what you mean. What do you mean? You seem to be using words opposite to what other people mean

Ah, the golden future. Suffer now comrade, but your children's children will live in the animal's paradise. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples. Do you know what would happen if we pigs failed in our duty? The planet will be doomed!

That isn't the topic.

No, that isn't conspiracy: theres nothing secret about it. It's collusion.
So you think global warming is a lie? 100% of the scientific organizations on the planet, of every religious and political persuasion, are lying about it?

Seem a lot more likely it is you who is wrong.

You aren't reading very carefully. Or maybe you have not read Orwell.

Or one of us can't read.
I’m not saying I’m representing your position correctly. I thought I was.

If I wasn’t, you can simply state your position clearly. Some reason that is impossible for many here.

I’m not saying I’m representing your position correctly. I thought I was.

If I wasn’t, you can simply state your position clearly. Some reason that is impossible for many here.
I'm not feeling very charitable about this, because instead of addressing the arguments about institutional collusion and individual disenfranchisement, you decided to go for the "you're an idiot because you think X".

So for now, go whistle. I mean that sincerely: the way you talk you're a total waste of time. Next time, address the argument, not the person. And, I note, your inability to do so indicates that YOU are part of the problem. Thanks for playing, maybe next time you'll act better.

I'm not feeling very charitable about this, because instead of addressing the arguments about institutional collusion and individual disenfranchisement, you decided to go for the "you're an idiot because you think X".

So for now, go whistle. I mean that sincerely: the way you talk you're a total waste of time. Next time, address the argument, not the person. And, I note, your inability to do so indicates that YOU are part of the problem. Thanks for playing, maybe next time you'll act better.
I never called, or implied, you are an idiot.

You are claiming I am not addressing an argument I asked to state clearly, so I could understand it. You refused to do so.

Let me ask you this:

Do you believe the EPA’s statement on climate change is a lie?

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Since the Industrial Revolution, human activities have released large amounts of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, which has changed the earth’s climate.

it is extremely likely (> 95%) that human activities have been the dominant cause of that warming

Climate change is happening. Global average temperature has increased about 1.8°F from 1901 to 2016.1 Changes of one or two degrees in the average temperature of the planet can cause potentially dangerous shifts in climate and weather. These real, observable changes are what we call climate change impacts because they are the visible ways that climate change is affecting the Earth. For example, many places have experienced changes in rainfall, resulting in more floods, droughts, or intense rain, as well as more frequent and severe heat waves.

The planet's oceans and glaciers have also experienced changes—oceans are warming and becoming more acidic, ice caps are melting, and sea level is rising. As these and other changes become more pronounced in the coming decades, they will likely present challenges to our society and our environment.

I would never expect a simple, honest answer from any of you.
Well, if you don't discuss in good faith, this is what you get.

Next time, try it without all the question begging, genetic fallacy and very thinly veiled ad hominem.

if you can.

Well, if you don't discuss in good faith, this is what you get.

Next time, try it without all the question begging, genetic fallacy and very thinly veiled ad hominem.

if you can.
I have no idea what slights you are imagining

Regardless, I don’t really care that much about your opinions of global warming.

Most of the posters here are climate deniers, which goes along with Evangelicalism, COVID denialism, and creationism. Some are only one or two.

Are you a 10 year old girl? That's how ten year old girls talk.

My point is: read what people say. Don't make things up. This is not telling you to run errands.
I asked you to state your position clearly.

Try doing that. Then you will find you will not be mischaracterized.

Good for you. Here's a virtiual cookie.

Well, I think I did, but you decided to fill in what you didn't understand with your prejudices. Suits me fine, because its way more entertaining.
You just simply can’t make clear statement or answer a simple question, can you?

This started when I called you out on climate and COVID denial. I’m not saying I didn’t misrepresent your position. But your hesitancy to be candid is telling.

Go to post #47 and answer yes or no.

You just simply can’t make clear statement or answer a simple question, can you?
Sure I can. Do it all the time. But you're fun.
This started when I called you out on climate and COVID denial. I’m not saying I didn’t misrepresent your position. But your hesitancy to be candid is telling.
I am very sure it tells you something, but what it tells you says a lot about you.
Go to post #47 and answer yes or no.
LOL. Go whistle, silly person. Stamp your feet. Might help.

Back