Interpret John 1:1 by John 1:1.

Interpret John 1:1 by John 1:1.
The Greek language has the definite article which has approximately thirty variations, is translated into English as “the”, and points to an identifiable personality, someone we have prior knowledge of. But the Greek language has no indefinite article corresponding to the English “a”, or “an”. Often the Grammarians add the English indefinite articles “a” or “an” to give the proper sense of the passage, therefore pointing to an unidentifiable person, someone we do not have prior knowledge of. But this does not mean that every time a noun lacking the definite article occurs in the Greek text it should have an indefinite article in the translation. Depending on the context of the verse, chapter, book, and the main idea that the writer, translators render nouns lacking the definite article, either indefinite, definite, or none.
The gospel of John is intended to be read based on the thesis which is the first 18 verses, which is anchored on the first verse. If one believes that in the first verse, Jesus is God, then one reads the gospel from that point of view, but if one believes Jesus is a created being based on the first verse, then one will read the rest of the gospel based on that point of view. Therefore the deity of Jesus in John 1:1 should be determined by John 1:1
Dissect vs 1 into a logical argument
[premise 1] In the beginning was the Word,

[premise 2] and the Word was with God,
[conclusion] and the Word was God [or a god.]
Therefore premise 1and or 2 should support either “God” or “a god”.

In the beginning, was (ἐν ἀρχ͂ῃ ἦν)[en- ar•khay eimi].
If we are able to draw an imaginary line, on a razor's edge, where on one side there exists only God and the eternal, and the other exists the created and the temporal, this razor's edge is what John is opening to. John does not open referring to the beginning of Genesis but prior to it, in fact prior to time itself. Note this imaginary line relates to the eternal and the temporal, and not to the Genesis account of creation because creation is not mentioned until vs. 3. Notice where John places the Logos in reference to the beginning; if the Logos is a created being then the Logos would be included in the ‘beginning’ or after. Using [ἦν eimi] “was”, which denotes absolute existence instead of [ἐγένετο, egeneto] “came into being”, or “began to be”, which is used in vs. 3, John is placing the Logos prior to the beginning. John is saying that the Logos absolutely existed prior to the beginning, and the only One who existed prior to the beginning is God in the eternal. Therefore the only logical conclusion for John 1:1 is “the Word was God” not “was a god”.
Any rebuttal should be able to support its position by using John 1:1 only.
We must also remember that John was a faithful Jew a follower of the promised Messiah. He would never call anyone Theos who was not in fact Theos. If John or any NT writer wanted to write "a god" they would write τις Θεὸς/tis theos or εἰς Θεὸς/eis theos. τις/tis is often translated as "a certain" As in Act 9:10 τις μαθητὴς/tis mathetes, "a certain disciple." εἰς is the number one.

1:1 b The Father.
1:1 c The Son.
if true then 1:1c can not be the son. and here's why... listen and Learn. if 1:1c is the Son, then John 1:3 is incorrect. because he, the Word didn't make all things..... but is God. how do we know this? because Jesus the Son said this in Matthew 19:4 " And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," well if "ANOTHER" made all things, (INCLUDING the Male and the Female), then, it's not the son at 1:1c JG. because the son said, he.... meaning "God" the ANOTHER at 1:1c made all things, and we know that the "he" in Matthew 19:4 is God because of Mark's account of the same conversation. Listen... Mark 10:6 " But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." well if God made them, then the son didn't make all things according to John 1:3 ..... not from your account.

so JG, either this is the same Person, at 1:1b and c, who made all things, or your statement is incorrect.

and we have pointed this out that at Genesis 1:26 when God, (ONE PERSON), made man male and female he was alone and by himself. for the US and the OUR was to come.

so either it's the same one person, or you have two distinct Gods. .... according to your statement.

PICJAG, 101G.

if true then 1:1c can not be the son. and here's why... listen and Learn. if 1:1c is the Son, then John 1:3 is incorrect. because he, the Word didn't make all things..... but is God. how do we know this? because Jesus the Son said this in Matthew 19:4 " And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," well if "ANOTHER" made all things, (INCLUDING the Male and the Female), then, it's not the son at 1:1c JG. because the son said, he.... meaning "God" the ANOTHER at 1:1c made all things, and we know that the "he" in Matthew 19:4 is God because of Mark's account of the same conversation. Listen... Mark 10:6 " But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." well if God made them, then the son didn't make all things according to John 1:3 ..... not from your account.

so JG, either this is the same Person, at 1:1b and c, who made all things, or your statement is incorrect.

and we have pointed this out that at Genesis 1:26 when God, (ONE PERSON), made man male and female he was alone and by himself. for the US and the OUR was to come.

so either it's the same one person, or you have two distinct Gods. .... according to your statement.

PICJAG, 101G.
Let US make man in OUR image and likeness.
WHO is the US and OUR in Gen. 1:26????

PICJAG, 101G.
He speaking of himself, the Word.

PICJAG, 101G.
Jesus often spoke of Himself in the third person. He referred to Himself as the "Son of man" 85 times.
Matthew 16:13
(13) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Let US make man in OUR image and likeness.
WHO is the US and OUR in Gen. 1:26????
did you not read my post, nor the Bible?. listen again, there is NO "US", and "OUR" at Genesis 1:26.... I say again, there was no "US", and "OUR" at genesis 1:26. because Genesis 1:27 proved that out. ... WHY because the US and the OUR was to COME LATER. but was not at Genesis 1:26.
do you understand?

listen, Romans 5:14 " Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

that figure to come is God IMAGE the Son, Hebrews 1:2 " Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" Hebrews 1:3 " Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

do you understand now?

PICJAG, 101G.

Jesus often spoke of Himself in the third person. He referred to Himself as the "Son of man" 85 times.
Matthew 16:13
(13) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
The son of man is God diversified in flesh.......that which was to COME. God's own IMAGE .... as a man.

PICJAG, 101G.

did you not read my post, nor the Bible?. listen again, there is NO "US", and "OUR" at Genesis 1:26.... I say again, there was no "US", and "OUR" at genesis 1:26. because Genesis 1:27 proved that out. ... WHY because the US and the OUR was to COME LATER. but was not at Genesis 1:26.
do you understand?

listen, Romans 5:14 " Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

that figure to come is God IMAGE the Son, Hebrews 1:2 " Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" Hebrews 1:3 " Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

do you understand now?

PICJAG, 101G.
In my Bible US and OUR appears at Genesis 1:26.
Has it disappeared in yours???

Is the son of man human or is he Spirit. Is the son of man the Son of God or is he God? God bless you. :)
First thanks for the reply,
#1. "Is the son of man human or is he Spirit". answer Spirit, and supportive Scripture, John 8:23 "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." ok, lets see who came from above"? scripture, John 6:62 "What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" one more to be sure. John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." while talking to Nicodemus on EARTH, at the same time he, Jesus, was in Heaven, only God can do that in the ECHAD. remember this is not OMNIpresent, because he was G2758 κενόω kenoo, (see below), but this is God as Ordinal First, and Ordinal Last.

Notice John 8:23 "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." and the only one from above is the Son of man, John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

so the Son of Man is Spirit/spirit that was in flesh, in a G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'), state. as said above he is Spirit, because only God in the ECHAD, without OMNIpresent powers can be in two Spatial at the same time, (Which is a whole topice by itself).

#2. "Is the son of man the Son of God or is he God?" answer, the son of God is the Body, or the OUTWARD MAN'/FLESH, that the Son of man, or the INWARD MAN/spirit came in, scripture, for the son of God, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." son of God is Born, son of man is Given from above, as stated. scripture, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

did you see it" understand a child is "BORN", the son of God .... it came out of Mary, the Son, the Son of man, is "GIVEN", that came from Heaven.

now in that flesh the Body, it, the body, (and yes the body is called a "it", see 1 Corinthians 15:35 & 36), takes on the Idenity of the spirit that is in it. example, if you and i meet face to face i would still not have seen the real you, oh yes I would have seen the temple or the tabernacle, or the house or the building, or the body that you're in but not the real you, who is spirit, and soul.

example, if 101G, say was kileed in an accident, and the police come to 101G's residents and informs his wife that 101G had died, and will she Identify the ... "BODY" ... of her ... "Husband". see it it now, that body is not her husband, her husband been gone, but the body identifies her husband 101G. see it now"?

the Body is the OUTWARD MAN, flesh bone and Blood.... ie, "Son of God". the spirit in that Body, the INWARD MAN... is the person,understand now" the body takes on the idenity of who's in it.

this is why I know that the Lord Jesus is God. for John 2 when he said, John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." ... he, he, he, will raise it up, that body was not ... "he". ..... because, John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body." again, he, he, he spoke of his body

hope this helped, and you be blessed. and thanks for the question.

PICJAG, 101G.

First thanks for the reply,
#1. "Is the son of man human or is he Spirit". answer Spirit, and supportive Scripture, John 8:23 "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." ok, lets see who came from above"? scripture, John 6:62 "What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" one more to be sure. John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." while talking to Nicodemus on EARTH, at the same time he, Jesus, was in Heaven, only God can do that in the ECHAD. remember this is not OMNIpresent, because he was G2758 κενόω kenoo, (see below), but this is God as Ordinal First, and Ordinal Last.

Notice John 8:23 "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." and the only one from above is the Son of man, John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

so the Son of Man is Spirit/spirit that was in flesh, in a G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'), state. as said above he is Spirit, because only God in the ECHAD, without OMNIpresent powers can be in two Spatial at the same time, (Which is a whole topice by itself).

#2. "Is the son of man the Son of God or is he God?" answer, the son of God is the Body, or the OUTWARD MAN'/FLESH, that the Son of man, or the INWARD MAN/spirit came in, scripture, for the son of God, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." son of God is Born, son of man is Given from above, as stated. scripture, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

did you see it" understand a child is "BORN", the son of God .... it came out of Mary, the Son, the Son of man, is "GIVEN", that came from Heaven.

now in that flesh the Body, it, the body, (and yes the body is called a "it", see 1 Corinthians 15:35 & 36), takes on the Idenity of the spirit that is in it. example, if you and i meet face to face i would still not have seen the real you, oh yes I would have seen the temple or the tabernacle, or the house or the building, or the body that you're in but not the real you, who is spirit, and soul.

example, if 101G, say was kileed in an accident, and the police come to 101G's residents and informs his wife that 101G had died, and will she Identify the ... "BODY" ... of her ... "Husband". see it it now, that body is not her husband, her husband been gone, but the body identifies her husband 101G. see it now"?

the Body is the OUTWARD MAN, flesh bone and Blood.... ie, "Son of God". the spirit in that Body, the INWARD MAN... is the person,understand now" the body takes on the idenity of who's in it.

this is why I know that the Lord Jesus is God. for John 2 when he said, John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." ... he, he, he, will raise it up, that body was not ... "he". ..... because, John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body." again, he, he, he spoke of his body

hope this helped, and you be blessed. and thanks for the question.

PICJAG, 101G.
Very interesting and very good scriptures given. May God show me what he wants me to see. God bless you. :)

Very interesting and very good scriptures given. May God show me what he wants me to see. God bless you. :)
That's in the Spirit, always check with God, for he will guide us in all TRUTH,

be blessed, and may God open you heart, and eyes to the TRUTH.

PICJAG, 101G.

Back