Invalid baptisms for years

Have you ever read any of diLiguori's The Glories of Mary? It is available for free on-line. I certainly would never pay money for it!
I have it. I downloaded it from an internet archive. Heres just a few quotes;

My mother, upon thee I will establish the seat of my kingdom, for through thee will I bestow the graces that are asked of me: thou hast given me the human nature; I will give to thee, as it were, a divine nature, that is, my omnipotence, by which thou canst assist all who invoke thee to obtain their salvation.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 248

Oh Mary, thou art omnipotent to save sinners, thou needest nothing else to recommend us to thee, for thou art the mother of true life.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 326

To thee I have recourse: thou canst help me; oh, my mother, help me. Do not say that thou canst not aid me, for I know that thou art omnipotent, and dost obtain whatever thou desireth from thy God.
Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 78

Oh Mary, thou art omnipotent, since thy Son would honor thee by immediately doing all that thou desirest.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 119

St. Germanus beautifully confirms this by saying to the Virgin: Thou art mother of God, omnipotent to save sinners, and needest no other recommendation with God, since thou art the mother of true life. St. Bernardine of Sienna does not hesitate to say that all obey the commands of Mary, even God himself ; signifying by these words, that God listens to her prayers as though they were commands.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 202

Unfortunately, i could post more.

Here is what I found on a Q&A from Church Militant.

The key is that Mary's omnipotence is by grace, not by nature, which means that she is not omnipotent in and of herself. St. Alphonsus Liguori had been a lawyer before becoming a priest, and so while he is very theologically clear and logical, he also is very rhetorical and poetic. I'm not sure I would have used the word "omnipotent," although I see his point and he is theologically correct in using that term (in fact, the Bible says "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me," and omnipotence literally means the ability to do all). The idea is that through grace, we are brought into a relationship with God, and if we are perfectly conformed to God's will, then everything we will has God's own power and authority behind it, since He can do all things He wills. In a sense, all of us can share in God's omnipotence by submitting to His will, but it is not our own omnipotence, it is God's omnipotence in and through us (i.e. by grace, not by nature). His point, of course, is that Mary was sinless and perfectly conformed to God's will, so she has the fullness of what we are all called to. She shares more fully in the divine life of grace than any of us.

-Micah

]Jesus, Who is omnipotent, made Mary also omnipotent; though of course it is always true that where the Son is omnipotent by nature, the Mother is so only by grace.(In Conc. Ev., c.17) Liguori[/b]

From the Church Militant
according to the rcc how is one 'brought into a relationship with God'? they know nothing of the rebirth, the rcc teaches nothing about it.

the problem with that is no living human is perfectly conformed to God's will.

catholics
conform to the will of the rcc, not to the will of God.

Here is what I found on a Q&A from Church Militant.

The key is that Mary's omnipotence is by grace, not by nature, which means that she is not omnipotent in and of herself. St. Alphonsus Liguori had been a lawyer before becoming a priest, and so while he is very theologically clear and logical, he also is very rhetorical and poetic. I'm not sure I would have used the word "omnipotent," although I see his point and he is theologically correct in using that term (in fact, the Bible says "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me," and omnipotence literally means the ability to do all). The idea is that through grace, we are brought into a relationship with God, and if we are perfectly conformed to God's will, then everything we will has God's own power and authority behind it, since He can do all things He wills. In a sense, all of us can share in God's omnipotence by submitting to His will, but it is not our own omnipotence, it is God's omnipotence in and through us (i.e. by grace, not by nature). His point, of course, is that Mary was sinless and perfectly conformed to God's will, so she has the fullness of what we are all called to. She shares more fully in the divine life of grace than any of us.

-Micah

]Jesus, Who is omnipotent, made Mary also omnipotent; though of course it is always true that where the Son is omnipotent by nature, the Mother is so only by grace.(In Conc. Ev., c.17) Liguori[/b]

From the Church Militant
Thanks for sharing!

The Church teaches us just like the Supreme Court interprets the Constitution.

His response in that video demonstrated that the Trinity is not explicit as well.... His answer though, was to affirm the papacy.

and you assume we are lost due to your personal fallible interpretations of the Bible.

and we believe that we should defend Christ's Catholic Church and witness to you [plural].... this is where the HS has placed Arch and other Catholics
So why do Roman Catholics go beyond the gospels trying to find 'reliable evidence' concerning Jesus?

I have it. I downloaded it from an internet archive. Heres just a few quotes;

My mother, upon thee I will establish the seat of my kingdom, for through thee will I bestow the graces that are asked of me: thou hast given me the human nature; I will give to thee, as it were, a divine nature, that is, my omnipotence, by which thou canst assist all who invoke thee to obtain their salvation.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 248

Oh Mary, thou art omnipotent to save sinners, thou needest nothing else to recommend us to thee, for thou art the mother of true life.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 326

To thee I have recourse: thou canst help me; oh, my mother, help me. Do not say that thou canst not aid me, for I know that thou art omnipotent, and dost obtain whatever thou desireth from thy God.
Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 78

Oh Mary, thou art omnipotent, since thy Son would honor thee by immediately doing all that thou desirest.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 119

St. Germanus beautifully confirms this by saying to the Virgin: Thou art mother of God, omnipotent to save sinners, and needest no other recommendation with God, since thou art the mother of true life. St. Bernardine of Sienna does not hesitate to say that all obey the commands of Mary, even God himself ; signifying by these words, that God listens to her prayers as though they were commands.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 202

Unfortunately, i could post more.
What is sad is that RCs do not see the heresy in these writings.

The Church teaches us just like the Supreme Court interprets the Constitution.
CHuckle!!! LOUSY choice of example. It's obvious that our "Supreme Court" Changes its interpretation with the phases of the moon. OF course so does Roman Catholicism, for that matter, and the "ringer" you've got these days as a "pope" hardly seems Catholic at all.

Thanks, OG for this. But anyone now in heaven shares more fully in the divine life of grace than anyone on earth. Wouldn't that make them omnipotent, too?
2 Peter 1:His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature.

2 Peter 1:His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature.
Yep and that is not found in the RCC.

2 Peter 1:His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
WHO is Peter speaking about when he says 'us'? He is addressing Jewish believers, not catholics. he doesn't mention the rcc or any of its teachings. He doesn't say he is their leader or that they must submit to him. Peter does say that He has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence.

Peter doesn't claim to be the giver of all things that pertain to life and godliness, yet believers had all things given to them.

God gave all that was needed to believers back then and He still does that today.

4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature.
there's the 'us' again that Peter is speaking about. the one catholics claim to be their 1st leader / pope is not speaking to any catholics, but to Jewish believers.

here's the 2 verses that come before those you posted -

vs 2 - grace and peace will be multiplied to those who are His, through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, - yet catholics don't seek knowledge of either thru His word or prayer.

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Back