Is a biological man who is gay discriminating against a transman if he says he only dates biological men?

Temujin

I was listening to a radio program and they said the sad reality for trans people is that neither the gay nor straight wish to date one.
On a radio programme? Ever heard of confirmation bias? The sad reality is many people fail to find a life partner, but most do. That applies to gay, straight and trans people alike.

Temujin

Nevertheless the point was the so called lgbt community is at war over it.
So what? Opinion is divided. The only opinions that matter are those of the individual concerned and of the people who love them. Your petty label wars are irrelevant.
Transwomen are men so will need to refer to the sex not the gender when discussing with us or we wont necessarily know whether you are imagining things.
It is normally pretty clear whether we are referring to sex or gender. Just because you manage to confuse yourself, doesn't mean anyone else is. As has been explained to you, male and female are characteristics that apply to a number of different things, sex and gender being two of them. Male sex does not mean the same as male gender. It isn't confusing in the slightest.

Nic

On a radio programme? Ever heard of confirmation bias? The sad reality is many people fail to find a life partner, but most do. That applies to gay, straight and trans people alike.
Well it was on in the background I heard them citing some data, reliable? I don't know. It was simply comment reflecting on the sum total of what I have heard relating to the OP that I could contribute. Take that for what's that worth. So you could be right or wrong. I think the phenomena is too new to bear that out one way or the other. My comment BTW had more to do with attraction whereas yours talked about trouble finding a life partner. Those are related but not always the same.

Thanks.
Nic

BMS

So what? Opinion is divided.
So firstly we are both speaking for the people.
and secondly we need to see which of the two is speaking the truth, and as we have seen its the gays and lesbians who have the same position on the issue as us, not you.

Reactions: Nic

BMS

So the sad reality is what do you mean by a partner? A friend or someone to have sexual relations with? Because in neither case would any concept of trans be relevant,

BMS

It is normally pretty clear whether we are referring to sex or gender.
Its not though, that is the point seeing as you have said sex and gender are the same and others like Electric Skeptic have said gender can be the same as sex, which it cant.

Temujin

Well it was on in the background I heard them citing some data, reliable? I don't know. It was simply comment reflecting on the sum total of what I have heard relating to the OP that I could contribute. Take that for what's that worth. So you could be right or wrong. I think the phenomena is too new to bear that out one way or the other. My comment BTW had more to do with attraction whereas yours talked about trouble finding a life partner. Those are related but not always the same.

Thanks.
Nic
How is the phenomenon new? It has been known for centuries? It's the internet that is new, bringing with it a prurient intrusion into other people's sex lives.

Temujin

So firstly we are both speaking for the people.
and secondly we need to see which of the two is speaking the truth, and as we have seen its the gays and lesbians who have the same position on the issue as us, not you.
No. There is no position that "the gays and lesbians" agree on. Some neo-fascist gays and lesbians agree with you, but they don't speak for all gays and lesbians anymore than you speak for all Christians or I speak for all atheists.

Nic

How is the phenomenon new? It has been known for centuries? It's the internet that is new, bringing with it a prurient intrusion into other people's sex lives.
Let's just say widely becoming trendy.

Temujin

Let's just say widely becoming trendy.
No, let's not say that, because it isn't true. Widely becoming recognised and handled sympathetically, is more like it. There are some circles in which transphobic is trendy, sure enough. But being transgender is not a fashion statement.

Nic

No, let's not say that, because it isn't true. Widely becoming recognised and handled sympathetically, is more like it. There are some circles in which transphobic is trendy, sure enough. But being transgender is not a fashion statement.
Okay. You win. I lose. I really don't have a dog in the fight. I'm sorry I ever responded to the OP. Have a nice day.

Whateverman

Okay. You win. I lose. I really don't have a dog in the fight. I'm sorry I ever responded to the OP. Have a nice day.
Unless the difference is made very obvious, it's difficult here in the SEPtic tank to differentiate between the flood of hardline conservative posts, and those who are just making innocuous points/observations. Any pushback on the idea that transgenderism is real, or that transgender people going through a lot of crap from intolerant people - is going to be seen as hardline conservative.

If you're a reasonable conservative (and I believe I have seen you say reasonable things before today), then you're behind the eight-ball, here; it'll take work to distance your criticism of transgenderism from the tsunami of hate/misinformation that subject gets targeted with here.

Nic

Unless the difference is made very obvious, it's difficult here in the SEPtic tank to differentiate between the flood of hardline conservative posts, and those who are just making innocuous points/observations. Any pushback on the idea that transgenderism is real, or that transgender people going through a lot of crap from intolerant people - is going to be seen as hardline conservative.

If you're a reasonable conservative (and I believe I have seen you say reasonable things before today), then you're behind the eight-ball, here; it'll take work to distance your criticism of transgenderism from the tsunami of hate/misinformation that subject gets targeted with here.
Thanks. I'm tired. But that's my m.o., I seldom get a good rest.

BMS

No. There is no position that "the gays and lesbians" agree on. Some neo-fascist gays and lesbians agree with you, but they don't speak for all gays and lesbians anymore than you speak for all Christians or I speak for all atheists.
Exactly my point, so we need to look at the issue and the evidence.

BMS

'Being transgender', is not possible, nor have you established that yet