Is all this true?

Really? and you have no answer to this? very interesting!

Mal. 3:1

1“Behold, I send My messenger,
And he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek,

Will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant,
In whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,”

Says the Lord of hosts.
Context, context, context.

Context, context, context.
Chuckle, then what is this all about? quote you!.....
Lastdaysbeliever said:
Paul tells us in the sermon at Mars Hill that the Lord does not dwell in houses built by hands (Acts 17:24-25, Stephen echoes this in ch 7 of the same book) but rather that the Holy Spirit of God dwells in us; that is, that WE are His temples (1 Cor. 3:16-17).

Versus this:

In whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,”

Says the Lord of hosts.

I don't blame you, when bamboozled we see Context, context and context! Again I see no reason for you to be here you refuse to debate.

Chuckle, then what is this all about? quote you!.....
Lastdaysbeliever said:
Paul tells us in the sermon at Mars Hill that the Lord does not dwell in houses built by hands (Acts 17:24-25, Stephen echoes this in ch 7 of the same book) but rather that the Holy Spirit of God dwells in us; that is, that WE are His temples (1 Cor. 3:16-17).

Versus this:

In whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,”

Says the Lord of hosts.

I don't blame you, when bamboozled we see Context, context and context! Again I see no reason for you to be here you refuse to debate.
Believe what you will Richard, because, to me, it doesn't matter what you think, whether I should be here or not.

What you are exhibiting is not only posts designed to goad and disrespect me, as a person and Christian, but desperation on your behalf to try control the narratives and this forum. Unfortunately for you, that's not how it works. I've said I will respond to what I want to respond to and your intimidation tactics will not change that.

So, I think you have two clear choices. One, continue to interact with me, accepting what I offer in reply (irrespective of agreement or not and it's clearly not) or two, put me on ignore because I will come and go as I am led whether you think I should be here or not. And clearly, my being here is an issue for you so I vote for #2 so you have peace of mind.

Bless you Richard,

Ldb

That may be true for the Mosaic Law--but not the gospel of Jesus Christ:

1 John 3:7---King James Version
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

How does that cover up or cancel out the testimony of the scriptures?

Acts 5:31-32---King James Version
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
And Jesus said "Believe in Me", that is the primary command of Christ Jesus, does LDS 'Believe' Jesus and His inspired disciples? Well of course not, they believe some con man looking at rocks in a hat. I 'Believe/Trust/Faith' in the Finished works of Christ Jesus on the Cross, and His shed blood for the forgiveness of the Worlds Sin. LDS has faith in a false prophet and his outlandish stories, really no difference between LDS and Jim jones or David Coresh, and the same fate will be seen by LDS, they will die and be sent to the Lake of Fire for their 'disobedience'.

Believe what you will Richard, because, to me, it doesn't matter what you think, whether I should be here or not.

What you are exhibiting is not only posts designed to goad and disrespect me, as a person and Christian, but desperation on your behalf to try control the narratives and this forum. Unfortunately for you, that's not how it works. I've said I will respond to what I want to respond to and your intimidation tactics will not change that.

So, I think you have two clear choices. One, continue to interact with me, accepting what I offer in reply (irrespective of agreement or not and it's clearly not) or two, put me on ignore because I will come and go as I am led whether you think I should be here or not. And clearly, my being here is an issue for you so I vote for #2 so you have peace of mind.

Bless you Richard,

Ldb
Amazing, you make a claim...
Lastdaysbeliever said:

And then you quit. Nada, zippo, nothing but your admonition I can interact with you according to what you offer me... chuckle.
How is that controlling the narrative when I'm only responding to your claim that the Temple after the veil was torn is now completely unnecessary! .
Yet the Apostles after the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ is still being used by his disciples .... what I can only clearly see is your refusal to debate for reason only you know... thx for your best efforts but I find them lacking in fiduciary trust and convictions on your part...

So are you just going to throw Malachi under the buss?

In whom you delight.

Behold, He is coming,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

I think you're stumped and won't admit I have made a valid point to your Temple Claim... a non response with a disclaimer that I'm trying to control the narrative only proves to me at least is you're not here to account for anything you present and then quickly backpedal by making excuses the other person isn't playing fair or justly... just my thoughts, not meant to offend you in anyway.

Bless you back...

And Jesus said "Believe in Me", that is the primary command of Christ Jesus, does LDS 'Believe' Jesus and His inspired disciples? Well of course not, they believe some con man looking at rocks in a hat. I 'Believe/Trust/Faith' in the Finished works of Christ Jesus on the Cross, and His shed blood for the forgiveness of the Worlds Sin. LDS has faith in a false prophet and his outlandish stories, really no difference between LDS and Jim jones or David Coresh, and the same fate will be seen by LDS, they will die and be sent to the Lake of Fire for their 'disobedience'.

Seer stones or either the interpreters or the seer stone...
Beyond this, the Church does not take any sort of official stand on the exact method by which the Book of Mormon translation occurred. Joseph Smith himself never recorded the precise physical details of the method of translation:

"Brother Joseph Smith, Jun., said that it was not intended to tell the world all the particulars of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon; and also said that it was not expedient for him to relate these things"[1]
It is important to remember that what we do know for certain is that the translation of the Book of Mormon was carried out "by the gift and power of God." These are the only words that Joseph Smith himself used to describe the translation process.
FairMormon

There is no authentic statement in the history of the Church which states that the use of such a stone was made in that translation. The information is all hearsay, and personally, I do not believe that this stone was used for this purpose. The reason I give for this conclusion is found in the statement of the Lord to the Brother of Jared as recorded in Ether 3:22-24 (Doctrines of Salvation 3:225. Italics in original).

Amazing, you make a claim...
Lastdaysbeliever said:
It's not a claim. It is what the Bible teaches. What you do is wrap the Bible is the skin of what you as a Mormon believe, which taints any opportunity to properly understand the Bible as you are in darkness, not the light.

John 1:5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
And then you quit. Nada, zippo, nothing but your admonition I can interact with you according to what you offer me... chuckle.
As I stated, you have the choice. It's up to you whether you respond or not. I voted for number 2.
How is that controlling the narrative when I'm only responding to your claim that the Temple after the veil was torn is now completely unnecessary!
You are not responding. You are goading and being disrespectful. And what I quoted and believe is what I believe. There is no temple today beyond those of us who are filled by His Holy Spirit, WE are HIS temple.
Yet the Apostles after the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ is still being used by his disciples ....
I believe you mean the temple, but it wasn't being used as you are claiming. The apostles, from Peter to Paul, they went to the temple and the synagogues to preach the Gospel to the Jews. They were jailed for it. They were threatened for it. And yet their reply was:

Acts 4:18 Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! 20 As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” 21 After further threats they let them go. They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising God for what had happened.
what I can only clearly see is your refusal to debate for reason only you know... thx for your best efforts but I find them lacking in fiduciary trust and convictions on your part...
Believe what you will. I don't personally care what you think of me Richard. I am not here at your behest. You do not control this forum. You do not control these discussions.

So are you just going to throw Malachi under the buss?

In whom you delight.

Behold, He is coming,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
Again, and I repeat, context, context, context. These verses from Malachi have to do with prophesying the coming of John the Baptist. Not Joe Smith or support the continuation of the Jewish Temple or Mormon temples.

Matthew 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Luke 7:27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

I think you're stumped and won't admit I have made a valid point to your Temple Claim...
You believe this. I honestly believe you do.
a non response with a disclaimer that I'm trying to control the narrative only proves to me at least is you're not here to account for anything you present and then quickly backpedal by making excuses the other person isn't playing fair or justly... just my thoughts, not meant to offend you in anyway.
I'm not offended. And what I wrote, through observation, is true. You continually try to control the narrative Richard. That's what you do. The "hmmm's" and "chuckles" included. I spent months lurking this forum, watching you and how you conducted yourself, how you tried to control the discussions and narratives with other Christians, as you have with me. But your tone has changed, and now you do so through goading and disrespectful comments of calling me out when I haven't answered. I find that a very telling tactic.
Bless you back...
Thank you. And bless you.

Ldb

Last edited:
dberrie said---That may be true for the Mosaic Law--but not the gospel of Jesus Christ:

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

How does that cover up or cancel out the testimony of the scriptures?

Acts 5:31-32---King James Version
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

And Jesus said "Believe in Me", that is the primary command of Christ Jesus,

That only connects belief in Jesus Christ with obeying Him.

does LDS 'Believe' Jesus and His inspired disciples?

The LDS believe the above scriptures--it does not violate their theology. The question is--do you? How can you believe something which violates your theology?

I 'Believe/Trust/Faith' in the Finished works of Christ Jesus on the Cross, and His shed blood for the forgiveness of the Worlds Sin.

This Blood?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

LDS has faith in a false prophet and his outlandish stories, really no difference between LDS and Jim jones or David Coresh, and the same fate will be seen by LDS,

What a load of hooey! That seems like sour grapes, to me--and shows how far the critics here will stretch the truth to take a swipe at the LDS.

It's not a claim. It is what the Bible teaches. What you do is wrap the Bible is the skin of what you as a Mormon believe, which taints any opportunity to properly understand the Bible as you are in darkness, not the light.

To be sure, Lastdays--until you, or any critic here--can show us what you find in the Biblical NT, as far as salvational doctrines go--which isn't found in the LDS church--that claim will have to remain on an outside shelf.

The Biblical text is full of verses which violate the theology pawned here by the critics--and neither do they address them:

So--I anxiously await your answer to that challenge--and I will do the same for you, as to your theology---if the board has room for that kind of submission from me.

Ponder that for a while, Lastdays--the critics here claiming the LDS are so far off track, unBiblical, etc--and yet--can't post a single Biblical salvational point which isn't found in the LDS church!!!

John 1:5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

As I stated, you have the choice. It's up to you whether you respond or not. I voted for number 2.

You are not responding. You are goading and being disrespectful. And what I quoted and believe is what I believe. There is no temple today beyond those of us who are filled by His Holy Spirit, WE are HIS temple.

I believe you mean the temple, but it wasn't being used as you are claiming. The apostles, from Peter to Paul, they went to the temple and the synagogues to preach the Gospel to the Jews. They were jailed for it. They were threatened for it. And yet their reply was:

Acts 4:18 Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! 20 As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” 21 After further threats they let them go. They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising God for what had happened.

Believe what you will. I don't personally care what you think of me Richard. I am not here at your behest. You do not control this forum. You do not control these discussions.

Again, and I repeat, context, context, context. These verses from Malachi have to do with prophesying the coming of John the Baptist. Not Joe Smith or support the continuation of the Jewish Temple or Mormon temples.

Matthew 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Luke 7:27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

You believe this. I honestly believe you do.

I'm not offended. And what I wrote, through observation, is true. You continually try to control the narrative Richard. That's what you do. The "hmmm's" and "chuckles" included. I spent months lurking this forum, watching you and how you conducted yourself, how you tried to control the discussions and narratives with other Christians, as you have with me. But your tone has changed, and now you do so through goading and disrespectful comments of calling me out when I haven't answered. I find that a very telling tactic.

Thank you. And bless you.

Ldb
Love you too, good buddy...

dberrie said---"To be sure, Lastdays--until you, or any critic here--can show us what you find in the Biblical NT, as far as salvational doctrines go--which isn't found in the LDS church--that claim will have to remain on an outside shelf.

The Biblical text is full of verses which violate the theology pawned here by the critics--and neither do they address them:

So--I anxiously await your answer to that challenge--and I will do the same for you, as to your theology---if the board has room for that kind of submission from me.

Ponder that for a while, Lastdays--the critics here claiming the LDS are so far off track, unBiblical, etc--and yet--can't post a single Biblical salvational point which isn't found in the LDS church!!!"

Could anyone provide an answer for this?

Back