Is being indwelt by God's Holy Spirit the same as knowing or having the mind of God?

TheTruth

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and enjoying many of the posts. I would like to put forward a question for discussion. While I was reading through one of the most popular threads in this form; "Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken ?", this question came to me and I thought this would a good place for such a discussion.

Is being indwelt by God's Holy Spirit the same as knowing or having the mind of God or "to have the mind of Christ"?

ReverendRV

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and enjoying many of the posts. I would like to put forward a question for discussion. While I was reading through one of the most popular threads in this form; "Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken ?", this question came to me and I thought this would a good place for such a discussion.

Is being indwelt by God's Holy Spirit the same as knowing or having the mind of God or "to have the mind of Christ"?
You sound like @Tercon ...

Fred

Yes.

New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (NIDNTT): noun Christou echomen, "we have the mind of Christ". This is in keeping with the thought in 1 Cor. 2:12, that Christians have received the Spirit from God, in order that they may know what God has given them. (3:129, Reason, G. Harder)

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): To the pneuma passages we should also add 1 C. 2:16: "But we have the nous of Christ." The statement concludes a section in which the reference is consistently to pneuma, and therefore one might have expected pneuma. But Paul is influenced by the preceding quotation from Is. and therefore, equating kyrios and Christ, he writes nous. (2:820, echō, Hanse)

Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (EDNT): The nous is then the Spirit of Christ who made the Corinthians spiritual people (cf. vv. 14f). (2:479, nous, A. Sand)

Last edited:

bornagain

Hi Everyone,

how else can we have the mind of God

TheTruth

There is no way we can have the mind of God except by being born again and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

Just think about what that means for a minute. If as believers we have access to the very Mind of God, then we can do anything. Mind you.... even usher in our Father's Kingdom. It is a exciting time to be a believer.

TheTruth

I guess what I am asking here is what this means for believers practically, in having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and access to the very Mind of God. How does this work itself out practically in our lives in what we can do in serving God and being a part of His Kingdom?

Chalcedon

I guess what I am asking here is what this means for believers practically, in having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and access to the very Mind of God. How does this work itself out practically in our lives in what we can do in serving God and being a part of His Kingdom?
Except as Paul tells us now we know in part , not fully. On this side of glory we have limits .

If Jesus as a man grew in wisdom and knowledge so do we and we are always learning and growing . We will never in this life or the next be omniscient.

TheTruth

Except as Paul tells us now we know in part , not fully. On this side of glory we have limits .

If Jesus as a man grew in wisdom and knowledge so do we and we are always learning and growing . We will never in this life or the next be omniscient.

I wasn't referring to what we could know after we pass. I am referring to the growing in wisdom and knowledge through His Holy Spirit while on this side of the sod part. I quite like the growing in wisdom and knowledge part of being a child of God, when we have an eternity to do so, because we have much to learn. :)