Is Election a Heavenly blessing ?

T

TomFL

I think everyone will say it certainly is and not disagree

well

Ephesians 1:3 (ESV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,

It is in Christ

Therefore not unconditional

rhomphaeam

well

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,

It is in Christ

So all you have to do now Tom is to abide in Him and rest - then you'll be able to stop being so divisive.

preacher4truth

well

It is in Christ

What? Another out of context text and tantrum? More discord?

That text doesn't support your works gospel my friend!

brightfame52

well

It is in Christ

That verse doesnt support your false views, it rather supports unconditional election, for Vs 3 is from the foundation of having been chosen in Christ before the foundation Vs 4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The Elect were in Christ by Election before the foundation, and so in time they come into the experience of all the Spiritual Blessings associated with that. Like New Birth, Faith , Repentance, Spiritual Knowledge etc And since this choice of them took place before the foundation, before they actually existed, it was unconditional.

As per usual you shot yourself in the foot by starting a thread that contradicts and supports the very thing you deny.

T

TomFL

What? Another out of context text and tantrum? More discord?

That text doesn't support your works gospel my friend!
You have done nothing at all to show anything was out of context

and I stated nothing about works

and the verse clearly supports my claim

Election is a heavenly blessing

It is in Christ

you have failed to rebut my claim

T

TomFL

So all you have to do now Tom is to abide in Him and rest - then you'll be able to stop being so divisive.
Division exists when one refuses to believe scriptural truth

I have posted scripture and therefore truth

If one finds truth divisive that person is believing outside of the truth

T

TomFL

That verse doesnt support your false views, it rather supports unconditional election, for Vs 3 is from the foundation of having been chosen in Christ before the foundation Vs 4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The Elect were in Christ by Election before the foundation, and so in time they come into the experience of all the Spiritual Blessings associated with that. Like New Birth, Faith , Repentance, Spiritual Knowledge etc And since this choice of them took place before the foundation, before they actually existed, it was unconditional.

As per usual you shot yourself in the foot by starting a thread that contradicts and supports the very thing you deny.
Sorry in Christ is a condition

Condition definition

a state of affairs that must exist or be brought about before something else is possible or permitted.

One is not elected unless in Christ

and that fits the textbook definition of a condition

your denying it does not change the truth of it

rhomphaeam

Division exists when one refuses to believe scriptural truth

I have posted scripture and therefore truth

If one finds truth divisive that person is believing outside of the truth

Of course - that escaped me entirely. That makes me think of the time a Rabbinical Priest was asked to do a circumcision on an adult male convert to Judaism and was so nervous that he slipped with the knife and performed an Orchiectomy instead. 😄

Sketo

well

It is in Christ

I agree for God can not simply bless those he has chosen before the foundation of the world... this would be unjust. There must be a condition that satisfies Justice first so that these Merciful and Gracious blessings can freely flow to us.

Therefore God’s mercy and Grace can not originate from anywhere outside of Christ work on the cross!

If God gives blessings from outside of Christ work on the cross then God is unjust!

If man must first meet a condition before he can receive these blessings then it is no longer by Grace... it is merit!

Every Mercy and Grace from God must have its origin from within Christ!

And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, - 1 Corinthians 1:30

we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles,
but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. - 1 Corinthians 1:23-24

The Condition Is Christ’s Work On The Cross!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joe
T

TomFL

Of course - that escaped me entirely. That makes me think of the time a Rabbinical Priest was asked to do a circumcision on an adult male convert to Judaism and was so nervous that he slipped with the knife and performed an Orchiectomy instead. 😄
Of course it did

ReverendRV

well

It is in Christ

Election is Unconditional, Justification is not...

Justification places us in Christ, Election doesn't...

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe
T

TomFL

I agree for God can not simply bless those he has chosen before the foundation of the world... this would be unjust. There must be a condition that satisfies Justice first so that these Merciful and Gracious blessings can freely flow to us.

Therefore God’s mercy and Grace can not originate from anywhere outside of Christ work on the cross!

If God gives blessings from outside of Christ work on the cross then God is unjust!

If man must first meet a condition before he can receive these blessings then it is no longer by Grace... it is merit!

Every Mercy and Grace from God must have its origin from within Christ!

And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, - 1 Corinthians 1:30

we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles,
but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. - 1 Corinthians 1:23-24

The Condition Is Christ’s Work On The Cross!
You left of the fact election is in Christ

and You left off the fact one is not in Christ without faith

Ephesians 1:13 (ESV)
13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

all you offer is the unbiblical assumption

when scripture clearly shows with faith no one is justified or saved

Romans 5:1-2 (ESV)
1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

T

TomFL

Election is Unconditional, Justification is not...

Justification places us in Christ, Election doesn't...
Sorry every blessing not just some are in Christ

and men are in Christ when they believe

Ephesians 1:13 (ESV)
13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Sola scriptura not sola theologia

Reformedguy

well

It is in Christ

Would you say faith itself is a Spiritual blessing?

Reformedguy

You have done nothing at all to show anything was out of context

and I stated nothing about works

and the verse clearly supports my claim

Election is a heavenly blessing

It is in Christ

you have failed to rebut my claim
What you need to show is that being in Christ is conditional. Good luck