Is Election a Heavenly blessing ?

Reformedguy

Still no reason

Were you born regenerate ?

You keep dodging the question

Using your logic you were in him and regenerate before you even existed. So I guess you also believe you were born regenerate a new creation while an unbeliever

contrary to

Ephesians 2:12 (ESV)
12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

again absurd
To the first dumb question, no. If I were born that way then giving me a heart of flesh would be redundant.

In the mind of God I was slated to be regenerate, a new creation realized in God's good time. So I can say I was chosen in Christ from the foundation of the world. How many times must this be explained? Maybe a little less cutting and pasting and a little more contemplating would do the trick. If you do not understand what I'm saying then get a first grader, I will explain it to them and they can draw it out with crayons. I know this is not going to happen so this will be my last post in here. Your a waste of time.

T

TomFL

To the first dumb question, no. If I were born that way then giving me a heart of flesh would be redundant.

In the mind of God I was slated to be regenerate, a new creation realized in God's good time. So I can say I was chosen in Christ from the foundation of the world. How many times must this be explained? Maybe a little less cutting and pasting and a little more contemplating would do the trick. If you do not understand what I'm saying then get a first grader, I will explain it to them and they can draw it out with crayons. I know this is not going to happen so this will be my last post in here. Your a waste of time.
So you were not actually in Christ before the foundation of the earth

but in time

when was that time

Ephesians 1:13 (ESV)
13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

but when you heard and believed

so now where does it state that God unconditionally chose you to be in Christ

You must assume neither of these are true

1 God chose based upon foreknowledge not unconditionally

2 The Election is corporate - te election of the church

and just assume your view

Manfred

Except when I was born again by the Spirit was when I fell madly in love with God. I WANT to please Him. There is no TRYING. He and I have a relationship. A very personal relationship. Do you try to please your wife to save a failing marriage? Or do you love to see her happy because you love her.
My point is that you take credit in a human way. It is God that places the desire in your heart.

Why do you want credit?

CharismaticLady

My point is that you take credit in a human way. It is God that places the desire in your heart.

Why do you want credit?
My glory is all in Him. Just as Paul seemed to brag and said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God put the new nature in me with the laws written on my heart. But I do have free choice, and choose to not quench the Spirit.

If you say you sin, isn't that bragging that you serve the devil? Well, I say I don't sin, and am bragging that I serve Christ. My glory is in Christ because of His cross.

Manfred

My glory is all in Him. Just as Paul seemed to brag and said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God put the new nature in me with the laws written on my heart. But I do have free choice, and choose to not quench the Spirit.

If you say you sin, isn't that bragging that you serve the devil? Well, I say I don't sin, and am bragging that I serve Christ. My glory is in Christ because of His cross.
If you say you are without sin you are a liar.
10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If you say you remain sinless, and then show the opposite by lying about me bragging about my sin then your true colors show.
When the scripture says do not quench the Spirit, why would you walk in the flesh?

You are saying you are obedient to self and you talk about your glory.

It is all a sign how self centered you are.
Read Romans 7

T

TomFL

Your grace is really no grace at all. Grace is simply the gospel and God providing a way right?
Sorry but you do not know what you are talking about

How can Christ going to the cross not be grace

How can the message of life not be grace

Reformedguy

Sorry but you do not know what you are talking about

How can Christ going to the cross not be grace

How can the message of life not be grace
I consider grace a verb. "Unmerited favor". God shows favor towards individuals based on love and His good pleasure. It is not based on your "choice" which of course is not grace. It's a reward.

T

TomFL

I consider grace a verb. "Unmerited favor". God shows favor towards individuals based on love and His good pleasure. It is not based on your "choice" which of course is not grace. It's a reward.
Scripture does not agree with you

Faith is fully consistent with grace

Romans 4:16 (KJV)
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 4:3-6 (KJV)
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Reformedguy

Scripture does not agree with you

Faith is fully consistent with grace

Romans 4:16 (KJV)
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 4:3-6 (KJV)
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
It is fully consistent with grace. It is by grace I am saved. Faith is a gift

T

TomFL

It is fully consistent with grace. It is by grace I am saved. Faith is a gift
Salvation is the gift

Romans 6:23 (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Saving faith is never stated to be a gift which is irresistibly given to one and withheld from another

BTW Not even Calvin thinks Eph 2:8 makes faith the gift

G

guest1

Salvation is the gift

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Saving faith is never stated to be a gift which is irresistibly given to one and withheld from another

Grace, Faith, Salvation are all gifts which come from God.

next.........................................................................................................

T

TomFL

Grace, Faith, Salvation are all gifts which come from God.

next.........................................................................................................
Book chapter and verse which plainly states faith is something God irresistibly gives to some and withholds from others

It does not exist

G

guest1

Book chapter and verse which plainly states faith is something God irresistibly gives to some and withholds from others

It does not exist
Easy Squeezy

1 Corinthians 4:7
7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

Romans 12:3
3For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

Galatians 5:22-24
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 6:23
Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him

2 Peter 1:1
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 1:14
The grace
of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

(faith is given out by God along with his grace)

Acts 18:27 - When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed

(it is through God's grace that people believe)

Acts. 13:48 As the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God. As many as were appointed to eternal life, believed.

hope this helps !!!

T

TomFL

Easy Squeezy

1 Corinthians 4:7
7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

Romans 12:3
3For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

Galatians 5:22-24
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 6:23
Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him

2 Peter 1:1
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 1:14
The grace
of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

(faith is given out by God along with his grace)

Acts 18:27 - When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed

(it is through God's grace that people believe)

Acts. 13:48 As the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God. As many as were appointed to eternal life, believed.

hope this helps !!!
No help at all none say saving faith is a gift

6 do not even mention saving faith and concern believers not unbeliever

1 speaks of faith being obtained but does not say how

another speaks of believing through grace

and another speaks of it being granted

but we know faith comes from the word

Romans 10:14-17 (KJV)
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

that is grace and how faith is granted

one notes we are save through faith

Not one says some are irresistibly given faith which is withheld from others

Reformedguy

Salvation is the gift

Good for Calvin. Faith is a gift. I know your humanism does not allow for that.

T

TomFL

Good for Calvin. Faith is a gift. I know your humanism does not allow for that.
As expected you provide no scriptural support for your claim

Salvation is the gift

Reformedguy

As expected you provide no scriptural support for your claim

Salvation is the gift

Ephesians 2. And as usual you will ignore it

T

TomFL

Ephesians 2. And as usual you will ignore it
Nothing to ignore

It does not say faith is the gift and I have addressed it many times

You however ignore the fact

we are plainly told what the gift is