Is God angry with sin ? Since God is angry with sin why do Calvinist believe it was God’s sovereign plan that preordained sin ?

Leatherneck0311

I have asked Calvinists, “Is God angry and grieved with sin?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “Was sin the secret Sovereign plan of God?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “So you’re saying that God is angry and grieved with His own secret Sovereign plan?” They don’t know how to answer that. LINK removed per mod. This verse proves Calvinism is wrong.
Unchecked Copy Box

Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man:

Last edited by a moderator:
…Then I’ve asked, “So you’re saying that God is angry and grieved with His own secret Sovereign plan?” They don’t know how to answer that.

No God is not angry at what he Planned, Purposed, and Determined to occur within his creation. God’s “anger” is a part of what he has Planned, Purposed, and Determined to occur. Sin was not a surprise to God.

“The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.” (Pro 16:4)

Last edited:
No God is not angry at what he Planned, Purposed, and Determined to occur within his creation. God’s “anger” is a part of what he has Planned, Purposed, and Determined to occur. Sin was not a surprise to God.

I agree that God is not angry at His plan which did not include preordaining men to sin. Satan nor mankind needed no pre-programming from God to sin they were capable of sinning all on their own. God did however have a predetermined plan to buy men back out of sin through the sacrifice of Jesus as payment for their sin. 1 John 2:2. If you believe God determined for men to sin you need to prayerfully re-read the Bible because God preordaining men to sin is not in scripture.

I have asked Calvinists, “Is God angry and grieved with sin?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “Was sin the secret Sovereign plan of God?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “So you’re saying that God is angry and grieved with His own secret Sovereign plan?” They don’t know how to answer that. https://biblicaltruthresources.word...uthor-of-sin-calvinism-refuted-jesse-morrell/. This verse proves Calvinism is wrong.
Unchecked Copy Box

Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man:
God did NOT tempt them. They are sinners because they are descendants of Adam; otherwise humans would not be mortal.

If you think God is holy, why does He allow evil and why does He let Satan tempt people? Why does He allow people to suffer, be injured in wars, children to be raped, etc.?

Get real!

Last edited:
If you believe God determined for men to sin you need to prayerfully re-read the Bible because God preordaining men to sin is not in scripture.

Do you deny that God knew the results of his own action of creating those men? He could have not created them and prevented their sin. God created man knowing they would sin. God knew the results of his own actions. If God knew that by creating man that man would sin then how did God not determine that man sin by creating them?

(If I knew that my friend would die if I gave him the keys to my car then how am I not determining that he die by taking the action of giving him the keys to my car?)

Gods Foreknowledge is God’s perfect knowledge of the results of his own action of planning, purposing, and determining all things including sin and his anger towards those actions. Both sin and his anger towards both served his Ultimate purpose for his creation.

Did God not know the results of hardening Pharaoh’s heart? Why was he “angry” at him for not letting the people go as the result of hardening his heart?

God was not surprised by sin. His anger is part of his creation not a reaction to new information.

God did NOT tempt them. They are sinners because they are descendants of Adam; otherwise humans would not be mortal.
If God preordained Adam to sin it would be the same as programming Adam to sin, and you can say God did not tempt Adam but what difference would that make if God determined that Adam would sin, which would have removed all choice from Adam to obey God’s command. By default Adam only did what God determined for Him to do as Calvinist believe, which would mean God was duplicitous and disingenuous with Adam when He commanded Adam to not do what He determined Him to do.

I have asked Calvinists, “Is God angry and grieved with sin?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “Was sin the secret Sovereign plan of God?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “So you’re saying that God is angry and grieved with His own secret Sovereign plan?” They don’t know how to answer that. https://biblicaltruthresources.word...uthor-of-sin-calvinism-refuted-jesse-morrell/. This verse proves Calvinism is wrong.
Unchecked Copy Box

Somehow I don't think you asked them that. Sin is not the secret Sovereign plan of God, but it is a part of the plan that brings the plan to fruition. So let me ask the question: "Why does your argument require the judgement of God?" They didn't say that God is angry and grieved with His own Secret Sovereign plan. You already said that they simply said "Yes". That is you prejudging and slandering them, all while judging God.

Can you explain how God using sin, allowing its existing, while not being the one who brought it into existence (thank you Adam), is God tempting men? Really? Scripture does not say that sin entered the world through one God now does it? Even the Bible knows who was responsible if you do not. You should read how Calvin dealt with your argument hundreds of years ago (your argument is just old buried, destroyed argument resurrected) to see how he frames God. He is very straight forward in presenting the fact that 1. God did not author sin, 2. God allows the existence of sin as a tool to forwarding/fulfilling His sovereign will in His creation. If this were not true, God could snap His fingers and all sin would be gone. Instead of watching Adam sin, He could have grabbed that serpent, stretched it like a rubber band, and shot it to the other side of the universe. He did not. Where was the omnipresent God, whom David in the Psalms said is everywhere? Did He forget about Adam? Of course not. He knows EVERYTHING that happens in His creation. I mean, it is His creation. All of creation is held together by His power. You know the weak force/strong force (nuclear) that keeps the universe from becoming a huge atomic bomb? Who do you think is holding back the atomic forces of nature by binding the nucleus of every atom within all of creation? At the end of the book of Revelation, God releases that power and all of creation burns, to be replaced by a new heavens and new earth. Don't try to say God doesn't know anything about His creation, or that He doesn't hold the whole thing together by His power.

Do you deny that God knew the results of his own action of creating those men? He could have not created them and prevented their sin. God created man knowing they would sin. God knew the results of his own actions. If God knew that by creating man that man would sin then how did God not determine that man sin by creating them?

(If I knew that my friend would die if I gave him the keys to my car then how am I not determining that he die by taking the action of giving him the keys to my car?)

Gods Foreknowledge is God’s perfect knowledge of the results of his own action of planning, purposing, and determining all things including sin and his anger towards those actions. Both sin and his anger towards both served his Ultimate purpose for his creation.

Did God not know the results of hardening Pharaoh’s heart? Why was he “angry” at him for not letting the people go as the result of hardening his heart?

God was not surprised by sin. His anger is part of his creation not a reaction to new information.

Can you not understand that God commanded Adam to not eat off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, ;therefore, if God preordained ( programmed) Adam to disobey Him it would mean God was duplicitous, disingenuous, and a liar when giving Adam a command that God Himself predetermined that Adam could not obey because He Himself determined for Adam to disobey Him ? If you was starving and a friend brought you food but because of your pride you refused to eat the food and died as a result would it be your friends fault or your own that you died ? Your analogy doesn’t work about car keys because you not being God would have no way of knowing your friend would die unless of course you had cut the brake lines.

If God preordained Adam to sin it would be the same as programming Adam to sin, and you can say God did not tempt Adam but what difference would that make if God determined that Adam would sin, which would have removed all choice from Adam to obey God’s command. By default Adam only did what God determined for Him to do as Calvinist believe, which would mean God was duplicitous and disingenuous with Adam when He commanded Adam to not do what He determined Him to do.
Sinners are slaves to Satan. There is no fear of God before their eyes..

Can you not understand that God commanded Adam to not eat off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil…

Can you not understand that God also commanded Pharaoh to let the people go and hardened his heart causing Pharaoh disobey his own command?

Um...since when? Are you trying to mansplain life to GOD? Are you trying to tell God how it is? Where is the fear of God before your eyes, that you drag Him into the argument to say that if you are wrong, God was duplicitous and disingenuous? I mean, your argument is wrong, so all God sees is you saying that He was duplicitous and disingenuous with Adam. Do you consider the consequences of your arguments. I mean, one day you will have to make account for yourself, whether through the fires of testing (sanctification), or final judgement. A pile of ash, a pile of gold and polished gems, or an eternity of separation from God.

God has a sovereign plan. Even the doctrines of Grace speak of it. We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, and (God's sovereign plan) to the glory of God alone. God told the Israelites more than once what His plans were. Why did He destroy Egypt, instead of simply bringing Israel out? He could have stopped hardening Pharaoh's heart, and no one in Egypt would have to suffer having their first born children killed by their Creator. And what about the consecration of the first born. How are they consecrated to God? They are slaughtered. However, God made a way to redeem children of humanity by sacrifices. Even Jesus was redeemed by the sacrifice of two pigeon doves. The first born of all the cattle and livestock was to be sacrificed. (Take that vegans...(sorry, have had too many vegan posts show up in my social media feeds)).

If God foreordained Adam to sin, and made that determination, there is no programming involved. It is an end state. It simply says "Adam will sin". There is no force within that statement that makes Adam sin. It is an end state. Even you said "by default ADAM ONLY DID..." Adam did it. The rest of that sentence is meaningless in the face of logic. Adam did it, and therefore Adam bears responsibility, as does the rest of his offspring. This is not the sovereign plan of God, but one of the many moving parts that brings us to the revealing of His sovereign plan, which you can find at the end of Revelation. So, I ask again the question I asked earlier. Where is the fear of God before you eyes?

Your analogy doesn’t work about car keys because you not being God would have no way of knowing your friend would die unless of course you had cut the brake lines.

But that’s the point God does know therefore the analogy does work.

If a teacher knows that a student is going to cheat on an exam, then how is the teacher not determining that the student cheats by giving them the exam?

If a parent knows that their child will become addicted to drugs if they let them hang out with a certain group of friends, then how are the parents not determining that their child becomes addicted by allowing them to hang out with those friends?

If a company knows that its products are harmful to the environment, then how is the company not determining that environmental damage will occur by continuing to produce those products?

If a doctor knows that a certain medication will cause harmful side effects for a patient, then how is the doctor not determining that the patient suffers by prescribing that medication?

If a government knows that a policy will result in increased poverty for certain groups of people, then how is the government not determining that those people become impoverished by enacting that policy?

If God knew that by creating man that man would sin then how did God not determine that man sin by creating them?

…Then I’ve asked, “So you’re saying that God is angry and grieved with His own secret Sovereign plan?” They don’t know how to answer that…

Did God not know the results of his own action of placing the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden?

If God knew that by placing the tree in the garden that Adam would eat of it then how did God not determine that Adam eat of it by placing the tree in the garden?

Was God just hoping it would turn out different than the result he foreknew?🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you not understand that God commanded Adam to not eat off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, ;therefore, if God preordained ( programmed) Adam to disobey Him it would mean God was duplicitous, disingenuous, and a liar when giving Adam a command that God Himself predetermined that Adam could not obey because He Himself determined for Adam to disobey Him ? If you was starving and a friend brought you food but because of your pride you refused to eat the food and died as a result would it be your friends fault or your own that you died ? Your analogy doesn’t work about car keys because you not being God would have no way of knowing your friend would die unless of course you had cut the brake lines.
No, because I believe in rationality. That is not how it works. What did God do to be duplicitous and disingenuous? Are you saying that Adam didn't have to go to hell for eating of the tree, because you can prove that God set Adam up? I mean, logically speaking, if that were true, we would all be free and clear. Since we aren't free and clear, it is obvious that there is a lot more to this than you want to understand/realize. To preordain is not to program. God commanded Adam not to do something. There is one thing you should notice immediately. God never said he would program Adam so that he would be unable to sin, did He? Yet He just foreordained the possibility for the existence of sin in His creation by giving this command in the first place. If He predetermined Adam would sin...so what? God created Adam. However, it doesn't mean God programmed Him. You determine an outcome, an end state. That says nothing about what happens from the start point, to the determined endpoint. It just says that this endpoint will be reached. It says nothing about HOW that endpoint will be reached. This is something that people who believe what you believe ALWAYS IGNORE. He believed in God? Why? How? When? And those are not surface questions. These questions question the state of being, and how said state of being came about. It isn't simply about choice. For instance, you can read all kinds of stories where people have friends or are in a relationship, and they believe everything is fine, and that they have the perfect friend/partner. Then one day, they find out they never did know them. The question then is, are they so blind to this that they are unwilling to accept who that person actually is, or do they attack anyone who dares to question their friend/partner. There are some things that we just aren't capable of knowing/understanding, and there is a lot to it.

Can you not understand that God also commanded Pharaoh to let the people go and hardened his heart causing Pharaoh disobey his own command?

God knew beforehand what was going to happen and said:
Unchecked Copy Box
Exo 3:19 - And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.

Unchecked Copy Box
Exo 3:20 - And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go. —>

Hardening of Hearts​

In Moses’ and Pharaoh’s first encounter (Exodus 7:13-14), Pharaoh’s heart “became hard.” Get your Bible-nerd hat on because there’s a translation issue here that unfortunately complicates things. The Hebrew verb for “became hard” (pronounced, khazaq) is not passive, nor does it indicate who is initiating the action (it’s called a “stative” verb, meaning it doesn’t say whether it’s Pharaoh or God). If you’re reading in the NIV, it’s ambiguous, which seems to be the point. However, some other modern translations have regrettably inserted their interpretation into the text and rendered this verb “was hardened.” In other words, they turn it into a passive verb. You walk away from chapter 7thinking God was hardening Pharaoh’s heart from the first, which isn’t what the text says. As you read on, you’ll notice a fascinating pattern emerge. In the first five plagues that God sends on Egypt, the hardening of Pharaoh’s heart happens by his own will, or is again ambiguous, just as we saw in the opening scene. In the last five plagues, the pattern changes.

The Ten Plagues and Pharaoh’s Heart

1. Blood: Pharaoh’s heart “became hard” (7:22)
  2. Frogs: Pharaoh “hardened his own heart” (8:15)
  3. Gnats: Pharaoh’s heart “was hard” (8:19)
  4. Flies: “Pharaoh hardened his own heart” (8:32)
  5. Livestock die: Pharaoh’s heart “was hard” (9:7)
  6. Boils: “The Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (9:12)
  7. Hail: Pharaoh “hardened his own heart” (9:34)
  8. Locusts: God announces that he has “hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (10:1,10:20)
  9. Darkness: God “hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (10:27)
  10. Death of the firstborn: God “hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (11:10)
Here we are able to draw several conclusions. First of all, in plagues 6-10, we hear four times that God has hardened Pharaoh’s heart. Can you see how this is a distinct change from plagues 1-5? In those stories, Pharaoh explicitly hardened his own heart (plagues 2 and 4), or the source of the hardening was ambiguous (plagues 1, 3, and 5). Interestingly, in the seventh plague of hail, we first see Pharaoh harden his own heart (Exodus 9:34), but afterward the narrator uses the ambiguous verb “became hard” to describe it. This means that all of the other uses of the ambiguous verb (plagues 1, 3, and 5) do not imply that God hardened Pharaoh’s heart, but just the opposite! https://bibleproject.com/blog/pharaohs-heart-grew-harder/

Unchecked Copy Box

I have some questions for you:
If God is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, how did Adam sin in the first place? If God is omnipresent, God was in the midst of the garden, in the midst of this little gathering of the serpent, Eve, and Adam at the tree, and had front row seats to everything that was happening. Why did God allow a man to corrupt His creation? Why did God put a man in the position of being able to corrupt His creation? Should He have not waited until Adam sinned or didn't sin, to bestow the dominion of all creation onto Adam? That goes to God's omniscience. Did God somehow not know that if Adam sinned, it would corrupt His Creation? Was that beyond God's capability to understand? Considering that the serpent said that God knows the difference between good and evil, that is easily answered with a solid...NO. God knew. Yet He gave Adam dominion over all creation prior to testing him. And omnipotence along with omnipresence. If it was God's desire for these things not to happen, that serpent would have been shot into space, and would still be traversing the universe today.

EDIT: I forgot something. If God could stop Abraham from sacrificing Isaac, then why couldn't God stop Adam and Eve? Why didn't God stop Adam when He realized what was going on in Adam? (Already knew what would go on in Adam, and that Adam was incapable of thinking/acting rationally at the time.) It sounds more and more like a plan each time I consider it.

So, is your God omniscient? If so, then He already knew Adam was going to sin. What does that do to determination? Well, God knew Adam was going to sin because God determined it. (See how that works?) God watched them sin, and then God made His presence known to Adam and Eve by calling out to them. He asked them who told them they were naked, and then told them. He already knew. He wasn't confused when He showed up. He presented Himself as the parent who already knew what the children had done (because they were watching), and asked them about it, as though He didn't know.

Last edited:
But that’s the point God does know therefore the analogy does work.

If a teacher knows that a student is going to cheat on an exam, then how is the teacher not determining that the student cheats by giving them the exam?

If a parent knows that their child will become addicted to drugs if they let them hang out with a certain group of friends, then how are the parents not determining that their child becomes addicted by allowing them to hang out with those friends?

If a company knows that its products are harmful to the environment, then how is the company not determining that environmental damage will occur by continuing to produce those products?

If a doctor knows that a certain medication will cause harmful side effects for a patient, then how is the doctor not determining that the patient suffers by prescribing that medication?

If a government knows that a policy will result in increased poverty for certain groups of people, then how is the government not determining that those people become impoverished by enacting that policy?

If God knew that by creating man that man would sin then how did God not determine that man sin by creating them?

Was Adam created in the image of God ? Yes. Is God a sinner ? No. You have believed a lie God did not create Adam to be a sinner. Did God know Adam would sin ? Yes. Did God command Adam to not eat off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ? Yes. If God commanded Adam to not do something He preordained Adam to do then God would be disingenuous, duplicitous, and a liar, and He is none of those. In Genesis God looked over His creation and said :
Unchecked Copy Box
Gen 1:31 - And God saw every thing that he had made,and, behold, it was very good.And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Did God get it wrong when He said everything He had made was very good. God did not corrupt satan or man they did that themselves and to lay the blame on God is blasphemy.

God knew beforehand what was going to happen and said:
Unchecked Copy Box
Exo 3:19 - And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.

Unchecked Copy Box
Exo 3:20 - And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go. —>

Hardening of Hearts​

In Moses’ and Pharaoh’s first encounter (Exodus 7:13-14), Pharaoh’s heart “became hard.” Get your Bible-nerd hat on because there’s a translation issue here that unfortunately complicates things. The Hebrew verb for “became hard” (pronounced, khazaq) is not passive, nor does it indicate who is initiating the action (it’s called a “stative” verb, meaning it doesn’t say whether it’s Pharaoh or God). If you’re reading in the NIV, it’s ambiguous, which seems to be the point. However, some other modern translations have regrettably inserted their interpretation into the text and rendered this verb “was hardened.” In other words, they turn it into a passive verb. You walk away from chapter 7thinking God was hardening Pharaoh’s heart from the first, which isn’t what the text says. As you read on, you’ll notice a fascinating pattern emerge. In the first five plagues that God sends on Egypt, the hardening of Pharaoh’s heart happens by his own will, or is again ambiguous, just as we saw in the opening scene. In the last five plagues, the pattern changes.

The Ten Plagues and Pharaoh’s Heart

1. Blood: Pharaoh’s heart “became hard” (7:22)
  2. Frogs: Pharaoh “hardened his own heart” (8:15)
  3. Gnats: Pharaoh’s heart “was hard” (8:19)
  4. Flies: “Pharaoh hardened his own heart” (8:32)
  5. Livestock die: Pharaoh’s heart “was hard” (9:7)
  6. Boils: “The Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (9:12)
  7. Hail: Pharaoh “hardened his own heart” (9:34)
  8. Locusts: God announces that he has “hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (10:1,10:20)
  9. Darkness: God “hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (10:27)
  10. Death of the firstborn: God “hardened Pharaoh’s heart” (11:10)
Here we are able to draw several conclusions. First of all, in plagues 6-10, we hear four times that God has hardened Pharaoh’s heart. Can you see how this is a distinct change from plagues 1-5? In those stories, Pharaoh explicitly hardened his own heart (plagues 2 and 4), or the source of the hardening was ambiguous (plagues 1, 3, and 5). Interestingly, in the seventh plague of hail, we first see Pharaoh harden his own heart (Exodus 9:34), but afterward the narrator uses the ambiguous verb “became hard” to describe it. This means that all of the other uses of the ambiguous verb (plagues 1, 3, and 5) do not imply that God hardened Pharaoh’s heart, but just the opposite! https://bibleproject.com/blog/pharaohs-heart-grew-harder/

And this verse preceded all of that:

“And the LORD said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.” (Exo 4:21)

What would it look like from a human perspective when God hardened Pharaoh’s heart? Would it not appear as Pharaoh hardening his own heart?

Um...since when? Are you trying to mansplain life to GOD? Are you trying to tell God how it is? Where is the fear of God before your eyes, that you drag Him into the argument to say that if you are wrong, God was duplicitous and disingenuous? I mean, your argument is wrong, so all God sees is you saying that He was duplicitous and disingenuous with Adam. Do you consider the consequences of your arguments. I mean, one day you will have to make account for yourself, whether through the fires of testing (sanctification), or final judgement. A pile of ash, a pile of gold and polished gems, or an eternity of separation from God.

God has a sovereign plan. Even the doctrines of Grace speak of it. We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, and (God's sovereign plan) to the glory of God alone. God told the Israelites more than once what His plans were. Why did He destroy Egypt, instead of simply bringing Israel out? He could have stopped hardening Pharaoh's heart, and no one in Egypt would have to suffer having their first born children killed by their Creator. And what about the consecration of the first born. How are they consecrated to God? They are slaughtered. However, God made a way to redeem children of humanity by sacrifices. Even Jesus was redeemed by the sacrifice of two pigeon doves. The first born of all the cattle and livestock was to be sacrificed. (Take that vegans...(sorry, have had too many vegan posts show up in my social media feeds)).

If God foreordained Adam to sin, and made that determination, there is no programming involved. It is an end state. It simply says "Adam will sin". There is no force within that statement that makes Adam sin. It is an end state. Even you said "by default ADAM ONLY DID..." Adam did it. The rest of that sentence is meaningless in the face of logic. Adam did it, and therefore Adam bears responsibility, as does the rest of his offspring. This is not the sovereign plan of God, but one of the many moving parts that brings us to the revealing of His sovereign plan, which you can find at the end of Revelation. So, I ask again the question I asked earlier. Where is the fear of God before you eyes?
Find me a scripture that says Adam was created to sin. Scripture says Adam was created in the image of God. Is God a sinner ? No. Neither was Adam created to be a sinner he became a sinner by disobeying God’s command. Ok, let’s look at your assumption that it was God’s sovereign plan for Adam to disobey Him the end state as you call it. Knowing Adam would sin why would God warn Adam to not eat off of that tree and warn him that in the day he ate off of that tree he would die ? Remember you believe it is God’s sovereign will that Adam disobey Him right ? So now we have God warning Adam not to do the exact opposite of His sovereign will and plan for Adam to disobey Him. If what you believe is true That would make God disingenuous ( telling Adam not to do what He preordained Adam to do) dishonest ( telling Adam don’t when His sovereign will had already decreed the outcome) , and a liar( telling Adam do not when His sovereign plan had already determined that Adam would disobey Him) where is the fear of God before your eyes when you attribute satan and man’s sins to Almighty God ?

Back