Is God angry with sin ? Since God is angry with sin why do Calvinist believe it was God’s sovereign plan that preordained sin ?

SovereignGrace

We aren't born sinless. Our righteousness is IMPUTED if we have any. Are you suggesting that Enoch never sinned ---- that he was actually Christ?

Are you still trying to convince people that you don't believe God's word?!
You are obviously dealing with someone who has been turned over to a depraved theology and only God can remove the blinders from his eyes. He will either display His grace or justice in him. Just pray for him, he truly needs it.

eternomade

I have never heard before that Job was a type for Jesus so I did a little research. —>
Research is best done in Scripture with the LORD, not man's theology found on random websites.

I was hoping you would reply instead of someone else's website. But yes, Job is definitely a picture of Christ, just like everything else in the Scriptures. Christ is not a sinner though but was made a sinner by imputation.

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me."
Luke 24:44 KJV

Yet you continue to deny that the Scriptures testify of Christ.

eternomade

and if a Calvinist tells you Sin was the Sovereign Plan of God, they are mistaken. Good is the Sovereign Plan of God. It never entered the Mind and Heart of God to Cause Judah to Sin, and everything that God means to come to pass is meant for some Good reason that only he knows.
I believe God purposed and caused Judas to sin, yet Judas is still responsible for the sin he committed. This is not being "mistaken". This is truth.

preacher4truth

Research is best done in Scripture with the LORD, not man's theology found on random websites.

I was hoping you would reply instead of someone else's website. But yes, Job is definitely a picture of Christ, just like everything else in the Scriptures. Christ is not a sinner though but was made a sinner by imputation.

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me."

Sadly the anti-Calvinist works salvationists are only going to find something to go against whatever we post. That's the game, and it keeps them from coming to the acknowledgment of the truth.

No one can free will themselves out of that mess, let alone free will themselves into the kingdom.

Leatherneck0311

Your view of God is in error and heretical. Nothing can block God. God will use an ass to communicate truth if His created mankind "refuses".
Unchecked Copy Box
1Th 5:19 - Quench not the Spirit.

eternomade

In the above, the poster is showing that he thinks he himself was good, like he thinks and believes Enoch also had his own goodness. He believes God elects people due to their goodness. This is merited grace, not Biblical grace, and is salvation by works. I'm amazed some think they are good given their known track record.

God regenerated and saved Enoch. He pleased God, and biblically no person can please God in the flesh (in their natural state; Romans 8:8) so therefore he was regenerated, an example of being born from above in the OT (note John 3). This is how he pleased God and walked with Him, he, Enoch had a righteousness not his own in an exemplary fashion, note Philippians 3:9.
Yep a certain poster was trying to pit OT saints against each other. No type of Christ is actually the antitype itself. Enoch was righteous but Job wasn't?

Leatherneck0311

Yep a certain poster was trying to pit OT saints against each other. No type of Christ is actually the antitype itself. Enoch was righteous but Job wasn't?
No one said Job wasn’t righteous what I did say was I had never heard that Job was a type of Christ, and posted a well written article written to show why the writer did not believe Job was a type of Christ. I compare scripture with scripture NOT scripture to preferences and opinions.

preacher4truth

Yeah, well, we're dealing with bamboozled souls who feel they were chosen for their own goodness, loving God, human exertion, they loved light &c. Then they blaspheme God's electing grace.

Like R C Sproul said, his mother always taught him to consider the source.

One amazing thing is hearing how good they think they are, then I read their posts...smh.

Leatherneck0311

All scripture testifies of Christ ! Not every event in scripture is a type of Christ.

preacher4truth

No one said Job wasn’t righteous what I did say was I had never heard that Job was a type of Christ, and posted a well written article written to show why the writer did not believe Job was a type of Christ. I compare scripture with scripture NOT scripture to preferences and opinions.
No, you scoured the internet for something to go against @eternomade merely because he is calvinistic in teaching. If he said Job wasn't a type of Christ, you would have gone the other way and serched for another article. ;) 🤣