Is God angry with sin ? Since God is angry with sin why do Calvinist believe it was God’s sovereign plan that preordained sin ?

if you read post # 37 it sure looks like you posted the question, and my answer is valid have you ever read the book of Job ? God absolutely let Satan test Job.
Since God is holy, why does He allow Satan to tempt man?

Do you know what the word "why" means? Did you answer WHY God allows Satan to tempt man? No, you did NOT. I've read Job many times. I know God allowed Satan to tempt Job.

Now please answer the question I asked.

Do you know what the word "why" means? Did you answer WHY God allows Satan to tempt man? No, you did NOT. I've read Job many times. I know God allowed Satan to tempt Job.

Exactly correct, and some will not face these truths, but instead name-call, accuse, and some even resort to blaspheming.

Job is clear, and I stand in awe of God in these things:

"Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die.” But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips." - Job 2:9-10

Now why does God put in here (note also Job 1:20-22) "Job did not sin with his lips?" This is due to the fact he is acknowledging that he has received both good and bad from God. So, he is acknowledging the Sovereignty of God in all situations, and in so doing he did not charge God with anything wrong, or sin when saying it. Why? Because these things are the truth.

There are many other situations like this in Scripture. Some are perhaps weak in the faith and cannot handle the meat of the word.

I would believe since Job passed his test that God blessed Job as a result.
Unchecked Copy Box
Job 42:12 - So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousandsheep, and six thousandcamels, and a thousand yokeof oxen, and a thousand she asses.

I would believe since Job passed his test that God blessed Job as a result.
Unchecked Copy Box
Job 42:12 - So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousandsheep, and six thousandcamels, and a thousand yokeof oxen, and a thousand she asses.
Job is a picture of Christ. Notice that God increased Job's prosperity, except that the children he lost remained the same, 10.

Just like Christ, finding the Sheep that were lost. God had given Job 10 children, and he lost them, but after his suffering he was made more glorious and his children given back to him. God caused all this suffering to come on Job by using Satan.

"Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him

over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him:

every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold."
Job 42:11 KJV

Because although God does not want sin, God prefers libertarian free will more than preventing sin.
I would believe God wants us to live for Him because we love and hold Him in awe because He is Holy as opposed to Him having our obedience because He programmed us to obey Him.

Job is a picture of Christ. Notice that God increased Job's prosperity, except that the children he lost remained the same, 10.

Just like Christ, finding the Sheep that were lost. God had given Job 10 children, and he lost them, but after his suffering he was made more glorious and his children given back to him. God caused all this suffering to come on Job by using Satan.

"Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him

over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him:

every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold."
Job 42:11 KJV
I have never heard before that Job was a type for Jesus so I did a little research. —>
Myth 1: Job, like Jesus, lost everything

Jesus did not lose anything, but he gave his life willingly. Jesus said, “No one takes my life from me, but I lay it down of my own accord” (John 10:18).

Job lost everything, but Jesus gave everything. Job was afflicted by the devil(Job 2:7), but the devil never laid a finger on the Lord. Job was a victim; Jesus was a victor. Big difference.

Myth 2: Job, like Jesus, was tempted by Satan

Jesus had a famous conversation with the Tempter, but Job never knew him. Satan appears more times in the Book of Job than any other book, but Job had no idea he existed. He was so oblivious to the Tempter’s schemes that Job blamed God for the devil’s afflictions (Job 1:21, 27:2).

Myth 3: Job, like Jesus, was falsely accused of being a sinner

Job was far from sin-free. He was bitter, suicidal and self-righteous. His confidence was not in the Lord but his own moral behavior. “How many wrongs and sins have I committed? Show me my offense and my sin” (Job 13:23). Job’s self-righteousness was so odious that it even silenced the self-righteous men who came to counsel him (Job 32:1).

Myth 4: Job, like Jesus, remained faithful to God

In his suffering, Job accused God of being unjust and hostile (Job 13:34, 27:2). Job believed God had fired arrows of outrageous fortune at him and bound him like a prisoner (Job 6:4, 13:27). Job actually thought God was trying to kill him (Job 30:21, 23).

I’m certainly not condemning Job for having these evil thoughts – the man was in pain. But we can’t deny that Job bore false witness. He was a bad advertisement for God. In contrast, Jesus is the true and faithful witness, the exact representation of God’s character. “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father” (John 14:9). https://escapetoreality.org/2018/10/25/is-job-a-type-of-jesus/

I have asked Calvinists, “Is God angry and grieved with sin?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “Was sin the secret Sovereign plan of God?” They have answered, “Yes.” Then I’ve asked, “So you’re saying that God is angry and grieved with His own secret Sovereign plan?” They don’t know how to answer that. https://biblicaltruthresources.word...uthor-of-sin-calvinism-refuted-jesse-morrell/. This verse proves Calvinism is wrong.
Unchecked Copy Box

Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man:
Bait and Switch...

Bait and Switch...
Nope, nothing bait and switch about it. Pretty simple really. Is God angry with sin ? Yes. Is sin the sovereign plan of God ? NC’s say no while Calvinist say yes. It raises an honest question which is God angry with His own sovereign plan ? NC’s do not face this dilemma because we believe scripture that says God is Holy ,and He does not deserve the evil that men commit being attributed to Him by His creation.

Last edited:
Nope, nothing bait and switch about it. Pretty simple really. Is God angry with sin ? Yes. Is sin the sovereign plan that f God ? NC’s say no while Calvinist say yes. It raises an honest question which is God angry with His own sovereign plan ? NC’s do not face this dilemma because we believe scripture that says God is Holy ,and He does not deserve the evil that men commit being attributed to Him by His creation.
God cannot be angry with himself. God regretted making Man, but his Plan was not Sinful. You make a Hasty Conclusion; and if a Calvinist tells you Sin was the Sovereign Plan of God, they are mistaken. Good is the Sovereign Plan of God. It never entered the Mind and Heart of God to Cause Judah to Sin, and everything that God means to come to pass is meant for some Good reason that only he knows. Your Conclusion is based on a Faulty Premise, and you assume the Conclusion you wanted...

God cannot be angry with himself. God regretted making Man, but his Plan was not Sinful. You make a Hasty Conclusion; and if a Calvinist tells you Sin was the Sovereign Plan of God, they are mistaken. Good is the Sovereign Plan of God. It never entered the Mind and Heart of God to Cause Judah to Sin, and everything that God means to come to pass is meant for some Good reason that only he knows. Your Conclusion is based on a Faulty Premise, and assuming the Conclusion you wanted...
I agree that God cannot be angry with Himself, but then again I am not a Calvinist who believes that everything including sin is preordained, determined, ordained , and or any other word Calvinist use to make God the initiator , enabler, planner, and or sovereign controller of sin.

I agree that God cannot be angry with Himself, but then again I am not a Calvinist who believes that everything including sin is preordained, determined, ordained , and or any other word Calvinist use to make God the initiator , enabler, planner, and or sovereign controller of sin.
Do you believe that God is Providential?

Did God govern his Creation by sending a Lying spirit to king Ahab?

Do you believe this verse? Forget theology do you believe this verse? Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Yes...

1 Samuel 15:3 KJV; Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Do you think that God Preordained, Determined, Ordained, and any other words Christians use to make God the Initiator, Enabler, Planner, and or Sovereign Controller of the Acts of Men?

Back