Is God really three Persons, and One Spirit?

So what's that other spirit you're talking about?
GINOLJC, to all.
He doesn't know.
when I was a trinitarian, at least I seek the truth when confronted with the word of God. but these fellas have no interest in the truth whosoever. in their heart they know the three-persons doctrine hold no water, but their pride of finding out that they are in ERROR is embarrassing. which is child nonsense. there is no shame in being in an ERROR..... we all were taught in ERROR, the shame or embarrassment comes from staying in the ERROR.

for a great many of them, their Logic/Common Sense is trying to override their stupidity, which has found them out. but the thing is this, "what will my friends say?" for me, I had to make a decision of Friends, and yes, even Family. as the Lord Jesus said, "we have to forsake all to follow him". and in doing so I have GAIN FAMILY and FRIENDS in the Lord. but FEAR is still a factor. once I crossed it, I thought I was alone, come to find out as the scripture's states, "there are more of us than them".

so now our mission is to GAIN other, and yes at time it is difficult, but the Lord had patience with you and I so we must have patience with other no matter the condition the state that their minds are in. we have a responsibility to our Lord to teach rebuke, correct, and reward those who truly seek the Lord, and those who do not, also.

so I encourage you to fight the GOOD fight of FAITH, (which you are doing), and never get weary in Doing what is RIGHT in the Lord. for I see you have the MIND of Christ and his HEART in you. so stay strong in the Lord and in the Power of his MIGHT. keep up the good work

be blessed and be well.

101G

Last edited:
GINOLJC, to all.
He doesn't know.
when I was a trinitarian, at least I seek the truth when confronted with the word of God. but these fellas have no interest in the truth whosoever. in their heart they know the three-persons doctrine hold no water, but their pride of finding out that they are in ERROR is embarrassing. which is child nonsense. there is no shame in being in an ERROR..... we all were taught in ERROR, the shame or embarrassment comes from staying in the ERROR.

for a great many of them, their Logic/Common Sense is trying to override their stupidity, which has found them out. but the thing is this, "what will my friends say?" for me, I had to make a decision of Friends, and yes, even Family. as the Lord Jesus said, "we have to forsake all to follow him". and in doing so I have GAIN FAMILY and FRIENDS in the Lord. but FEAR is still a factor. once I crossed it, I thought I was alone, come to find out as the scripture's states, "there are more of us than them".

so now our mission is to GAIN other, and yes at time it is difficult, but the Lord had patience with you and I so we must have patience with other no matter the condition the state that their minds are in. we have a responsibility to our Lord to teach rebuke, correct, and reward those who truly seek the Lord, and those who do not, also.

so I encourage you to fight the GOOD fight of FAITH, (which you are doing), and never get weary in Doing what is RIGHT in the Lord. for I see you have the MIND of Christ and his HEART in you. so stay strong in the Lord and in the Power of his MIGHT. keep up the good work

be blessed and be well.

101G
It's always nice to meet someone whom the Lord has revealed themselves to.

Thanks for the reply.

u said, "Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature ."
then u said this, "Everything which is not the Divine Essence is a creature but Relation really belongs to God and if it is not the Divine Essence it is a creature and therefore cannot claim the adoration of "Latria" contrary to what is sung in the Preface," Let us adore the distinction of Persons and the Equality of their Majesty."

well the Christ who is Jesus didn't MAKE ALL THINGS, supportive scripture, LISTEN CAREFULLY, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?" Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," here the CHRIST said "he", meaning GOD, because our brother Mark records the same conversation in his Gospel. LISTEN, Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."

so the "he" in Matthews 19:4 is "God" in Mark 10:6 who MADE ALL THINGS, and the Christ said, "HE", God made ALL THINGS, not him.

but u said, "
"Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature ."
then u said this, "Everything which is not the Divine Essence is a creature but Relation really belongs to God and if it is not the Divine Essence it is a creature and therefore cannot claim the adoration of "Latria" contrary to what is sung in the Preface," Let us adore the distinction of Persons and the Equality of their Majesty."

so, are u saying that Jesus the Christ is a CREATURE? yes or No

:ninja:
Actually I am saying the Three Divine Persons are not distinct therefrom really the Divine Essence itself. But since you concluded the complete opposite , I answer that Word said of God in its proper sense is used Personally and is the proper name of the Person of the Son. Now we understand a body hath Thou prepared for the Word Himself made passable ( after as fashion) to the creature to become obedient unto death. God was manifested in the flesh (atomo-in an individual), as in this particular flesh, these particular bones and this particular blood, and thus this particular man/creature is the Person of God the Word/ Hypostasis of the Divine Wisdom/ Eternal Son/ God the Son emptied by taking upon Himself the creature. Therefore 101G it is not an absolute No neither is it simply a relative Yes, but transcends both.

........ Alan

True, but trinitarians believe the Spirit also says it.

Rev 3:5-6
my Father... hear what the Spirit says

Rev 2:26-29
my Father... hear what the Spirit says

Like you said, only Jesus says that.

So Jesus is the Spirit.

But that's not what trinitarians believe..

Like God.
On the contrary you erroneously believe Trinitarians believe The Person of the Holy Spirit also says my Father ,which makes no sense on account, The Holy Spirt singly proceeds therefrom both The Father and the Son by way of Breath. One Breath, but Two Breathing.

By ancient analogy in similitude of the creature ,God intelligible conceives/generated an interior consubstantial Word as The Word Himself proceeds properly called begotten and Son ,together simultaneously Breathes forth a Subsisting Hypostasis named the Third Person of the Holy Spirit.

Lastly Spirit/Spiratio by nature is a single originating principle/property of all Three Divine Persons or" Common Spiration", less there be an adjective in Personalis to signify the distinct Person of the Holy Spirit.

.......Alan

Revelation 1:1
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall shew you.

Jesus is the Spirit of Truth.

The Father is the Father of the Spirit. The Spirit said it. He is the Spirit of Truth. He wouldn't say that if it were not true.

Back