Is God really three Persons, and One Spirit?

If you rightly divided, three persons for humans could not actually mean , three beings when we say Three Divine Persons in God . Whereby we say one is Substantive and whereby we say three in Relatively Substantial.

Your post is against the humanism in words and terms, and that only/

....... Alan
if what u say is true, may we ask this. "Is the Person in John 1:3 the same "ONE" person in Isaiah 44:24 who MADE ALL THINGS". and please note in Isaiah 44:24 that the ONE person there is the "LORD", and also note that he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF", meaning that he didn't go through someone else to MAKE ALL THINGS. if not sure what "ALONE" means google it... ok.

Looking to hear from u soon.

:ninja:

aeg4971 said:
And yet scriptures appropriate Sonship to Jesus a man born by the Word made flesh in distinction of Fatherhood. Supreme Deity.

..... Alan
thanks for the reply, but may I ask u a question, "WHAT was born? Flesh or Spirit"

looking to hear from u. thanks in advance.

aeg4971 said:
And yet scriptures appropriate Sonship to Jesus a man born by the Word made flesh in distinction of Fatherhood. Supreme Deity.

..... Alan

thanks for the reply, but may I ask u a question, "WHAT was born? Flesh or Spirit"

looking to hear from u. thanks in advance.

Since the Son is Eternal He became a man. So a body was prepared for Him as scripture declares. I'm a Trinitarian. :)

thanks, but again what was born Spirit, or Flesh, the body?

I'm not sure what you mean by the question. He has a human body/soul via the Incarnation through Mary and the Holy Spirit. If that is not what you are asking could you clarify it for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by the question. He has a human body/soul via the Incarnation through Mary and the Holy Spirit. If that is not what you are asking could you clarify it for me.
no, listen. let us make it easy for u. God is Spirit, right ..... now was the Spirit Born? yes or no.

I see u change or added to your reply. still no, the Spirit dwells in us not "born" in us.

then u said -yes, yes what? that the Spirit is born?

its called being born of the spirit used in many places in the N.T. :)

its called being born of the spirit used in many places in the N.T. :)
I thought we were speaking of the Conception with Mary, not being BORN AGAIN, which is Spiritual.

let's get the first birth down, ok.

now listen, was the Spirit Jesus born, yes or no?

if what u say is true, may we ask this. "Is the Person in John 1:3 the same "ONE" person in Isaiah 44:24 who MADE ALL THINGS". and please note in Isaiah 44:24 that the ONE person there is the "LORD", and also note that he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF", meaning that he didn't go through someone else to MAKE ALL THINGS. if not sure what "ALONE" means google it... ok.

Looking to hear from u soon.

It is written:

3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

24. Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Since properly speaking this name God in and of itself can stand for this word Person, the way you suppose the question; Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature . Secondly Alone signifies One in Kind and by Himself. Thirdly the relation between God and Godhead is the same as the Relation between life and a living thing, God is the same as Godhead. Fourthly the Substantial Relative distinction between the Person of the Father the Person of the Son and the Person of the Holy Spirit, One God Divinely name Trinity, is the same as the Relation between God - Begetting , God-Begotten. and God-Proceeding. It then follows that every Divine Person by Himself IS I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Lastly to the question title of this thread" Is God really Three Persons and One Spirit", the 13th century Trinitarian Latin doctor communis simply answers :

Everything which is not the Divine Essence is a creature but Relation really belongs to God and if it is not the Divine Essence it is a creature and therefore cannot claim the adoration of "Latria" contrary to what is sung in the Preface," Let us adore the distinction of Persons and the Equality of their Majesty.

Furthermore when we say", Three Persons in God" or "Several Persons having Godhead" or " Is God really Three Persons and One Spirit" My favorite quote to refute the heretics against charges of polytheism is when the so called Greco Roman Latin angelic doctors says:

But nothing that exist in God can have any Relation to that wherein it exist or to whom it is spoken except the Relation of Identity and this is by reason of God supreme simplicity.

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

It then follows the name Trinity in its strictest meaning signifies the Threefold number of Persons of One Essence . It is therefore that the word Trinity in itself does not express regard to another insomuch as the Persons themselves express regard to another.

Oh and 101G my personal favorite quote from the Trinitarian Latin doctor communis to all anti Trinitarians who ask " Is God really Three Persons and One Spirit ", and to Oneness who assert " Diversified one, Equal share of Himself , God is in roles of Himself, and classic Oneness Pentecostalism " God can manifest Himself whichever way He chooses ", when St Thomas says;

The Divine Essence exist Singly by itself and is Individualized within itself.

Hope that helps put your anti Trinitarian straw and fallacious arguments in proper perspective because you remain refuted. You too keep arguing against your own intelligibility, most certainly not mine.

........ Alan

It is written:

Since properly speaking this name God in and of itself can stand for this word Person, the way you suppose the question; Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature . Secondly Alone signifies One in Kind and by Himself. Thirdly the relation between God and Godhead is the same as the Relation between life and a living thing, God is the same as Godhead. Fourthly the Substantial Relative distinction between the Person of the Father the Person of the Son and the Person of the Holy Spirit, One God Divinely name Trinity, is the same as the Relation between God - Begetting , God-Begotten. and God-Proceeding. It then follows that every Divine Person by Himself IS I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Lastly to the question title of this thread" Is God really Three Persons and One Spirit", the 13th century Trinitarian Latin doctor communis simply answers :

Furthermore when we say", Three Persons in God" or "Several Persons having Godhead" or " Is God really Three Persons and One Spirit" My favorite quote to refute the heretics against charges of polytheism is when the so called Greco Roman Latin angelic doctors says:

It then follows the name Trinity in its strictest meaning signifies the Threefold number of Persons of One Essence . It is therefore that the word Trinity in itself does not express regard to another insomuch as the Persons themselves express regard to another.

Oh and 101G my personal favorite quote from the Trinitarian Latin doctor communis to all anti Trinitarians who ask " Is God really Three Persons and One Spirit ", and to Oneness who assert " Diversified one, Equal share of Himself , God is in roles of Himself, and classic Oneness Pentecostalism " God can manifest Himself whichever way He chooses ", when St Thomas says;

Hope that helps put your anti Trinitarian straw and fallacious arguments in proper perspective because you remain refuted. You too keep arguing against your own intelligibility, most certainly not mine.

........ Alan
Yes it helps !!! :)

civic/chalcedon here brother :)

Thanks for the reply.
Since properly speaking this name God in and of itself can stand for this word Person, the way you suppose the question; Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature . Secondly Alone signifies One in Kind and by Himself.
u said, "Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature ."
then u said this, "Everything which is not the Divine Essence is a creature but Relation really belongs to God and if it is not the Divine Essence it is a creature and therefore cannot claim the adoration of "Latria" contrary to what is sung in the Preface," Let us adore the distinction of Persons and the Equality of their Majesty."

well the Christ who is Jesus didn't MAKE ALL THINGS, supportive scripture, LISTEN CAREFULLY, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?" Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," here the CHRIST said "he", meaning GOD, because our brother Mark records the same conversation in his Gospel. LISTEN, Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."

so the "he" in Matthews 19:4 is "God" in Mark 10:6 who MADE ALL THINGS, and the Christ said, "HE", God made ALL THINGS, not him.

but u said, "
"Person would stand for the Substance thus signifies the Essence (directly) in Him who (indirectly ), possesses the Divine Nature ."
then u said this, "Everything which is not the Divine Essence is a creature but Relation really belongs to God and if it is not the Divine Essence it is a creature and therefore cannot claim the adoration of "Latria" contrary to what is sung in the Preface," Let us adore the distinction of Persons and the Equality of their Majesty."

so, are u saying that Jesus the Christ is a CREATURE? yes or No

Last edited:
I hope they are, because my Post #136 will need all of your three-person mind power to answer.

I'm only one person :)

But my wife and I ( 2 persons ) have become One for the past 45 years :)

God is Three Persons yet One :)

Back