Is it okay to murder a baby that has been born if its parents are extremely poor and the baby will have a bad life?

GeneZ

Again, you are making no sense. There's no argument; abortion is, by definition, not murder. That's it. You're dragging in all these irrelevancies about Germany and ethics and morality...none of which are at issue.

The issue is simple: abortion is, by definition. not murder where it is legal. That's it.
Your technique is not going to work with me.

Reactions: BMS

BMS

He knows he is being absurd. Don't take him seriously.
Woke ideology denies definitions where they choose and insists on them where they like them. Where they dont like them they call it 'interpretation'
Glad you arent falling for the tactics

BMS

It is never OK to murder anyone, including born babies.

Pregnant women should have the option to terminate unwanted pregnancies. Their reasons are not the business of anyone else. Especially RW busybodies who also object to social safety net programs that provide pre- and post-natal care for pregnant women and nutrition and other support for children in poor families.
If the abortion fails. You missed that bit on purpose, right?

Mr Laurier

Which Germany? The Germany of the Third Reich? Or, the previous Germany, which was based upon Christian ethics?
As if they were not the same Germany.
Let me help you. A dear friend if mine, now dead, was born in the Wiemar republic, where a liberal society was able to flower.
He was still a child when the arch conservative Nazis overturned all the progress of the Wiemar era, in favour of "returning" to christian values.

Mr Laurier

Ah that is why then, none of you understand what an abortion is.
Given that I have fully understood what an abortion is, for over 35 years....
And thats ALL of me. ALL. There is no part of me that does not understand this.
You see the abortion is to terminate the baby, not the mother.
Nope. Door number 3
An abortion is to terminate a PREGNANCY.

GeneZ

Woke ideology denies definitions where they choose and insists on them where they like them. Where they dont like them they call it 'interpretation'
Glad you arent falling for the tactics
A skunk does it one way in its defense.

Wokes do it in another.

GeneZ

I'm not interested in your ad hominem. I'll just note that you couldn't even attempt to refute what I said.
Refute what?

Defiance of reality?

If you are that far gone? I would be the fool to try.

One can not refute emptiness....

No attempt was made. For my Lord told Christians to redeem the time.

Electric Skeptic

Refute what?

Defiance of reality?

If you are that far gone? I would be the fool to try.

One can not refute emptiness....

No attempt was made. For my Lord told Christians to redeem the time.
Refute the definition of words. It has nothing to do with emptiness; it has to do with the simple definitions of English language words.

Abortion, where legal, is not murder, by definition. This is simply fact, and your response to it is to repeatedly attack and insult me.

I feel sorry for you.

Nic

Yup. Anyone who argues differently is ignorant.
Hi Electric Skeptic and Whateverman,
Ignorant perhaps, perhaps not, but I offer that some of more are likely recognizing a higher law in their religious views which they understand as a higher authority to to which they would understandably have a greater allegiance. As for me. I have no problem recognizing the law of the land while I also see in this particular rule as out of harmony with divine or religious views with an emphasis on the sanctity of life.