Is it Possible?

Jesus taught two different truths. RayneBeau did NOT quote from Matthew 25:41-46, but Matthew 7:21-23.

Lets begin with verse 15-20 of Matthew 7

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

False prophets and teachers, hope to obtain power and authority for themselves by their connection to Christ; Jesus himself is not their greatest need and desire.

Verse 21-23 of Matthew 7

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

The same can be said about the rcc. rc's only needed Jesus, to get a foot in the door, then obtain salvation through their own efforts. Thus never really knowing Jesus intimately. What Jesus is getting at in these passages is that just because a person has a connection to His name and performs good works, does not automatically grant them the priviledge to be with Him. To truly know Him is to live IN Him, abiding in Him and TRUST in Him exclusively.

But to truly know Him intimately we must be "born again" and when we are born again from above, we will desire to know and trust Him more deeply and intimately. NOT just initually, and then attempt to gain eternal life by trusting in an institution. Jesus commands us to come to HIM for rest.... NOT go to mary or an institution.
So you ALWAYS want and desire to get to know him and trust him? you never have temptations to not desire or want Him?

So you ALWAYS want and desire to get to know him and trust him? you never have temptations to not desire or want Him?

Whenever I stumble, I know that I can go right to Jesus and say, Lord I sinned and did the wrong thing... forgive me of this sin and cleanse me again, and He does! I don't need to go looking elsewhere. He is my all, and all I need. I have assurance that He will always be with me and that as promised, I have eternal life.

I trust Him. He will do for me, as He has said. Jesus is my redeemer. I never need to wonder. I don't need your institution. I love Jesus, because HE first loved me, when I was lost. Thank you Lord Jesus, for coming into my heart, and cleansing me from all unrighteousness and saving me.

Someone else has posted the following verse, and it is worth posting again

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

1 John 4:10
And love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins.

I want to add that God does NOT promise us a life in which there is no temptation or hard times. But He does promise to be with us and help us when they happen. Jesus who was tempted just as we are, understands our weaknesses.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

I want to add that God does NOT promise us a life in which there is no temptation or hard times. But He does promise to be with us and help us when they happen. Jesus who was tempted just as we are, understands our weaknesses.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
It's called grace. And we need to co-operate with it. We can choose vice over virtue or virtue over vice.

It's called grace. And we need to co-operate with it. We can choose vice over virtue or virtue over vice.

As I said earlier, I do NOT need your institution. I do not need the rcc rituals, to earn God's grace. For a free gift, is NOT earned, but given to those who did not do anything for it.

We can NOT earn our right to heaven by following religious rituals and good things we do. NOPE, for being saved is a gift, if a person could earn it by being good, then it wouldn’t be free. But it is! It is given to those who do not work for it. For God declares sinners to be good in his sight if they have faith in Christ to save them from God’s wrath.

God wants us to believe Him, and trust Him to do as He promised. Just because a person works hard at being good, does not make God obligated to let him or her into heaven. God chose for us to believe in Him, trusting Him exclusively to give us eternal life.

The message of the cross is very simple. But it is foolish to the world. God has made man's self effort's and wisdom to be useless nonsense. For God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never find God through human brilliance, power, and strength. God has already stepped in and saved all who fully believe and trust His message. Which the rcc calls foolish and silly.

1 Corinthians 1:19-21
For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, I do NOT need your institution. I do not need the rcc rituals, to earn God's grace. For a free gift, is NOT earned, but given to those who did not do anything for it.

We can NOT earn our right to heaven by following religious rituals and good things we do. NOPE, for being saved is a gift, if a person could earn it by being good, then it wouldn’t be free. But it is! It is given to those who do not work for it. For God declares sinners to be good in his sight if they have faith in Christ to save them from God’s wrath.

God wants us to believe Him, and trust Him to do as He promised. Just because a person works hard at being good, does not make God obligated to let him or her into heaven. God chose for us to believe in Him, trusting Him exclusively to give us eternal life.

The message of the cross is very simple. But it is foolish to the world. God has made man's self effort's and wisdom to be useless nonsense. For God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never find God through human brilliance, power, and strength. God has already stepped in and saved all who fully believe and trust His message. Which the rcc calls foolish and silly.

1 Corinthians 1:19-21
For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
What is weird is I say we cooperate with grace and you say you do not need rituals etc....

based on your post, I am going to assume you do not believe in free will. You do not believe we cooperate with Gods grace.

What is weird is I say we cooperate with grace and you say you do not need rituals etc....

based on your post, I am going to assume you do not believe in free will. You do not believe we cooperate with Gods grace.

We have two choices, we can either accept God's free gift, or we can reject it. That's it. God is NOT obligated in the least, to give you a nod and a wink because you worked for it. Salvation is a free gift, that He offers, simply because He wants to. We can either accept the gift or we can reject the gift. That is it. There is NO... "I worked for it, so I deserve it". That would be boasting in your own strength. We humans have NOTHING to boast about.

Luke 18:9-14
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God.

We have two choices, we can either accept God's free gift, or we can reject it. That's it. God is NOT obligated in the least, to give you a nod and a wink because you worked for it. Salvation is a free gift, that He offers, simply because He wants to. We can either accept the gift or we can reject the gift. That is it. There is NO... "I worked for it, so I deserve it". That would be boasting in your own strength. We humans have NOTHING to boast about.

Luke 18:9-14
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God.
We can reject grace, I agree.

What NCs call "work" is actually just cooperation with God. His laws, His rules, His grace. We can either accept or reject them.

We can reject grace, I agree.

What NCs call "work" is actually just cooperation with God. His laws, His rules, His grace. We can either accept or reject them.

NO human can remove sin and guilt from themselves, period! You can't help God remove them. He doesn't need your help. He wants you to trust Him completely that HE is fully able to give you eternal life. Your trying to get into heaven by what you do or don't do. Christ on the cross took care of that already.

When Jesus was on the cross He said, "It is finished". There is nothing for man to do, but trust God at His word. God has given ALL peoples the same opportunity to be acquitted by faith. NOT cooperating.... that is "working with". Scripture says we are acquitted by faith, NOT by cooperating with Him. Why not "cooperation" ?

Because your trying to be saved by keeping the law and being good enough, instead of by depending on faith. Those who depend on the law, and "cooperation" have stumbled over the great stumbling stone.

We do not deny that miracles happened in bible times. But the miracles Jesus did, served as a testimony and a sign to authenticate that He was the Messiah. The question to ask, is who receives the glory? False signs and wonders, always direct the testimony and glory away from God and into the direction of somewhere else.

No matter how spectacular the miracle, we need to be wary of its source. A person who is performing miracles, the question needs to be asked; Does the fruit of his/her life and speech line up with Scripture. Healthy skepticism and careful examination are expected from the wise Christian who checks the message of the supposed prophet or person claiming to be a Godly agent, to see if the message holds to Scripture or goes against it. The same with apparitions.

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Amen! - again and again - AMEN!

Quite interesting is the fact that in most of the many examples given of Manian apparitions, is that Mary discloses that she herself is responsible for making these signs and wonders happen - rather than there being a natural rendering of the inanimate host itself. In other words, unusual miracles are performed by Mary's apparitions to make it appear that the host is truly the flesh and blood of Jesus, and that the culmination of her apparitions will usher in the 'Eucharistic Reign of Jesus".

In Mary's message given to ordained Roman Catholic priest Father Gobi, on April 12, 1990, in her apparition that was said to have taken place in Italy, Mary stated: "In fact, the coming of the glorious reign of Christ will coincide with the greatest splendor of his Eucharistic reign among you. The Eucharistic Jesus will then release all his powers of love, which will transform souls, the [Roman Catholic] Church, and all humanity."

In the Roman Catholic Church it's all about MARY- she is always the Roman Catholic's 'link' to Jesus.

Last edited:
The Church knows this examination is more important than anything and has a dedicated process for investigating miracles. Padre Pio and the amazing miracles that God performed through him, comes to mind. Ordinary people don't have the means to investigate such things which is why I ask about how miracles are ratified outside the Church?
If Mary's apparitons don't convince the skeptic, Roman Catholic or not, and if miracles aren't enough to persuade the mind of any cynic, is there any other strong validation offered to make any question or examination with Scripture be sinful...... or more strongly put, blasphemous?

If Mary's apparitons don't convince the skeptic, Roman Catholic or not, and if miracles aren't enough to persuade the mind of any cynic, is there any other strong validation offered to make any question or examination with Scripture be sinful...... or more strongly put, blasphemous?
The difference, is that Catholics are not required to believe in any of the Marian apparitions, miracles, Padre Pio miracles, etc, even if the Church to the best of her ability has judged that they are authentic. Those qualify as private revelations and thus--are not binding on the Christian conscience.

Can you word that question differently? I don't understand it. "is there any other strong validation offered to make any question or examination with Scripture be sinful...... or more strongly put, blasphemous?"

Can you word that question differently? I don't understand it. "is there any other strong validation offered to make any question or examination with Scripture be sinful...... or more strongly put, blasphemous?"
Doubting Thomas's, just as the Bereans, always questioned and examined Scripture to find within God's Word the answers to questionable teachings and beliefs that sounded dubious. The question is asking, when it comes to Mary and "her apparitions and messages" how much sound validation is needed for indivdual Roman Catholics to personally believe or disbelieve in these in these Marian "apparitions and messages" without sinning by being verbally doubtful as to their validity, according to RCC standards?

Last edited:
Doubting Thomas's, just as the Bereans, always questioned and examined Scripture to find within God's Word the answers to questionable teachings and beliefs that sounded dubious. The question is asking, when it comes to Mary and "her apparitions and messages" how much sound validation is needed for indivdual Roman Catholics to personally believe or disbelieve in these in these Marian "apparitions and messages" without sinning by being verbally doubtful as to their validity, according to RCC standards?
Doubt is part of human nature and sometime more for some than others. It's not sinful to question and doubt. The unfortunate situation with some inside the Church today is their perceived individual authority to declare a teaching heterodox or the Magisterium headed by the Pope, as unorthodox. I don't know what the point of being Catholic is if you believe you have that level of authority?

It's not sinful to question and doubt.

Doubting God is a sin.

Doubting the supposed appearances of ghosts, not so much.

I don't know what the point of being Catholic is if you believe you have that level of authority?

That is all Catholic posters on this forum do. Each one of you has the sure deposit of faith and will not shy away from explaining what is the true Catholic doctrine regarding anything under the sun, seeing as the true interpretation of the Catechism, every Council, and papal pronouncement lies within each individual Catholic alone.

As a nonCC can you cite Scripture on that?

All that time supposedly hearing all that Scripture at Mass, and you somehow missed it?

Romans 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

James 1:6-8 The one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Many of us here understand that Roman Catholicism naturally drives Catholics to doubt God, so we get the hesitancy to accept this.

All that time supposedly hearing all that Scripture at Mass, and you somehow missed it?

Romans 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.
The doubt is not the sin. The 'eating' in that case is the sin.

James 1:6-8 The one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
That doesn't call doubt a sin.

Asking other nonCC's here.... do you also believe doubt is a sin?

Back