Is Jehovah His Name?

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
First thanks for the reply, second, Yahweh is just as false as Jehovah, they Added vowels to the VERB, YHWH.
YHWH is not a verb, it is a noun, the Name of the One God, YHWH, God the Father. All of the Bible Hebrew was written without vowels. The vowels were only added later to ALL the Hebrew words by the Masorites sometime after the 1st Century AD.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Greetings again 101G,

YHWH is not a verb, it is a noun, the Name of the One God, YHWH, God the Father. All of the Bible Hebrew was written without vowels. The vowels were only added later to ALL the Hebrew words by the Masorites sometime after the 1st Century AD.

Kind regards
Trevor
GINOLJC TO ALL.
FIRST, THANKS FOR THE REPLY, SECOND, YHWH is a verb, and NOT a NOUN, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
I AM: H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. see, it's a verb, not a noun.
1. to exist.
2. to be or become.
3. to come into being, i.e. to happen, to occur (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).
[a primitive root]
KJV: beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.

understand me brother TrevorL, I AM THAT I AM tells us "WHAT" he, God, is and not "WHO" he is in name.... example I AM "KING", I AM "SAVIOUR", I AM "REDEMMER", I AM "CREATOR"... ect.. that's WHAT he is in NAME, God gave Moses just what he asked for and nothing more, listen to what Moses asked God, Exodus 3:13 "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?"

understand now? if I asked you "WHAT" is the first woman ... "name", and you say Eve, then you would be INCORRECT.... why? because what her name is, ... is, "Adam". because that's "WHAT" she is, and not "WHO" she is, supportive scripture, Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;" Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

Now, if Moses would have asked God, "WHO" are you in Name, then God would have said, "YESHUA", or JESUS as it is today. just as if I would have asked you, "WHO" is the First woman name, the correct answer would be "Eve". see the difference between "WHO" someone is in name vs "WHAT someone is in Name.

hope this helped... again.

Understand something brother TrevorL, God never gave his PERSONAL name in the OT, because he had not yet "MANIFEST" in PERSON, until John 1:1 and was made flesh. all those OT "APPERANCES, was second and third person, but when he came in FLESH, it's FIRST PERSON, face to face. this is why I know in the OT when someone said they saw GOD? no they saw his APPERANCE, but never him the Spirit, manifested in FIRST person, either they had a barrier between then or as said he was IN "APPERANCE", and not first Person in "MANIFESTATION.

now brother TrevorL, when GO(D, yes, GOD, when God came in Flesh, the same one Spirit in the OT is now, "Shared", or is "Diversified" as the offspring, or the Ordinal Last, is with us. scripture, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." there is no controversy, nor any doubt that "GOD" the ONE and ONLY TRUE, and LIVING "God" is with us..... now this, John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." some say this means in power and authority, well that's a LIE, because he was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in that state of flesh and blood, per Phil 2:7. so that LIE want fly with me, now, his Father is HIS, OWN Spirit, (per Isaiah 63:5), the name is "JESUS", which is the Name he came in. and God's Name means ..... "Salvation", Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." NOW HOW PLAIN CAN ONE GET? for, .... there is no salvation in any other name under heaven, whereby we must be saved, by calling on that name, supportive scripture, Acts 4:11 "This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner." Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." BINGO.

and that Name is Jesus, for he said in both the Psalms and in Isaiah, Psalms 118:21 "I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation." Psalms 118:22 "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner." Psalms 118:23 "This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes." and the Lord Jesus is that STONE.

Isaiah 28:16 "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."

Isaiah 8:14 "And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem."

if one cannot see the truth here, then they are spiritual blind.

that name JESUS/YESHUA, the name of God is a stone of stumbling, for many and a rock of offence to many others.

we suggest you re-read this post for clearity

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
YHWH is a verb, and NOT a NOUN
The Name of God, YHWH “He will be” contains a noun and a verb.
God never gave his PERSONAL name in the OT
God revealed His Name to Moses before Israel came out of Egypt:
Exodus 3:13–15 (KJV): 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM (or, I will be who I will be): and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (or, I will be) hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

And they sung the Song of Moses after they came out of Egypt:
Exodus 15:1–3 (KJV): 1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

well prove it.
Greetings again 101G,

God revealed His Name to Moses before Israel came out of Egypt:
Exodus 3:13–15 (KJV): 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM (or, I will be who I will be): and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (or, I will be) hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

And they sung the Song of Moses after they came out of Egypt:
Exodus 15:1–3 (KJV): 1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Kind regards
Trevor
TrevorL, rhis ia what I been telling you, "The LORD is my strength" listen please, "MY. my. my, my, strength is NOT his name, nor "LORD", which is a title, and these are "WHAT he is not "WHO" he is. ... ok.

TrevorL think, Titles are NOT "Personal Names. MY strength is "WHAT" he is to ... YOU.

PICJAG, 101G.

John t

FIRST, THANKS FOR THE REPLY, SECOND, YHWH is a verb, and NOT a NOUN, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
1. to exist.
2. to be or become.
<SNIP>

Whenever someone attempts to find original source material for the original languages of Scripture it can be good, or else it can be disastrous, as we see above.

You are conflating two different things: a proper noun and a verb.

J Hampton Keathly III wrote this:

The Lord Jesus said in John 17:3, “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.” The many names in Scripture constitute additional revelation of God’s character, His works, and His relationship to us based on His character and works. The names which God chose for Himself and which are ascribed to Him in the Word of God are additional revelations of the who and what of God that we may know and relate to God.​
Note David’s declarations about God’s name and word in Psalm 138:1-2. God’s name declares much about His person, but it is God’s Word that reveals God and His name.​

It is He, who names Himself, and thus is not like the gods of the pagans.

Among the names of God revealed in the Torah are Elohim, the first name of God we encounter in the Bible (Gen 1:1; also Gen 1:26, “Let us make man in our image”); El, the generic semitic name for God, which can be translated “the strong and mighty one,” corresponding to theos in Greek, deus in Latin, and allah in Arabic; El Shaddai, “God Almighty” or better “God the All-Sufficient,” pantokratōr in the New Testament (2 Cor 6:18; Rev 1:8; 4:8); El Roy, “The One who sees me,” from the lips of Hagar, (Gen 16:13); El Olam, “the everlasting God” (Gen 21:33); Yahweh, God’s personal proper name which occurs some 6,000 times; Yah, a shortened form of Yahweh (Exod 15:2; 17:16), often used in various combinations: “Yahweh is salvation” (Josh 1:1), “Yahweh is glory” (Num 26:59), “Yahweh will provide” (Gen 22:14), “Yahweh my banner” (Exod 17:15–16), “Yahweh our righteousness” (Jer 23:6; 33:16).​
As God’s personal proper name, Yahweh is different from all of the other names for God in the Bible in one important respect: Elohim and all of its cognates can be used generically to refer to pagan deities and false gods, as we have seen, but this is never the case with Yahweh. So special was this name to the Jews that following the Babylonian captivity they would not pronounce it orally but simply wrote the four Hebrew consonants YHWH, called the Tetragrammaton, literally, the “four-hyphen letter” word.​

Therefore, 101G, your primary error is that you focus only on one word, and you misspell it as a referent to the name The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. In order to get the full glory of the name of our God, we must look at all of the names He gives to Himself. The paragraph beginning with "Among the names..." does this.

Compare what you posted with this resource: (Notice that snipped 15 previous entries to save space)

16. to happen (occur) — to happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance. Stems: qal, 31. Related Topic: Occurrence.​

LEXHAM RESEARCH LEXICON of the HEBREW BIBLE
Brannan, R. (Ed.). (2020). Lexham Research Lexicon of the Hebrew Bible. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

Still, I recognize that you have the wrong word, but you need to see that your reliance on Strong's numbers has a "less full" definition than the Lexham Research Lexicon

As to the name of God, properly it is the Tetragrammaton, or the four letter Tetragrammaton using the Hebrew letters yod he vav he. (In Hebrew it is reversed in order) is the four-letter Hebrew word יהוה (transliterated as YHWH).

Do you remember the part where Jesus says that every jot and tilte is inspired? Because your example above left out the jod, you created a different word, and then went off trying yo defend your misspelling. There is no kind way to say what you did here, but I will say that having demonstrated your error, you need to back down, regroup, and surrender to the truth. Nothing you posted supports your beliefs.

Please do not venture into Hebrew (or Greek) until you have studied the languages formally. I have done that.

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
well prove it.
The margin of the Revised Version has "I will be" for Exodus 3:14, and one of the supporters of this rendition could have been AB Davidson as he was one of the Hebrew scholars engaged in the production of the RV. Please note that I do not endorse all of his theology, as he was most probably a Trinitarian and also had other wrong ideas, but his Hebrew abilities have been respected and some of his Hebrew books were published in new editions until recently.

The following article by AB Davidson is in the Hastings Bible Dictionary Volume 2 page 199:
"The name is connected with the Hebrew ‘hayah’, ‘to be’, in the imperfect. Now with regard to this verb, first, it does not mean ‘to be’ essentially or ontologically, but phenomenally; and secondly the imperfect has not the sense of a present (‘am’) but of a future (‘will be’). In Exodus 3:10ff, when Moses demurred to go to Egypt, God assured him saying, ‘I will be with thee’. When he asked how he should name the God of their fathers to the people, he was told Ehyeh asher Ehyeh. Again he was bidden say, ‘Ehyeh hath sent me unto you’. From all this it seems evident that in the view of the writer Ehyeh and Yahweh are the same: that God is Ehyeh, ‘I will be’, when speaking of Himself and ‘Yahweh’, ‘he will be’, when spoken of by others. What He will be is left unexpressed - He will be with them, helper, strengthener, deliverer."
Now this last comment by AB Davidson ties in with Exodus 13:5 that what God would do or be was that Yahweh would be their salvation.
TrevorL, rhis ia what I been telling you, "The LORD is my strength" listen please, "MY. my. my, my, strength is NOT his name, nor "LORD", which is a title, and these are "WHAT he is not "WHO" he is. ... ok.
TrevorL think, Titles are NOT "Personal Names. MY strength is "WHAT" he is to ... YOU.
As John t suggests you seem to have a problem understanding a few of the basics of the Hebrew, but I also suggest that you have difficulty even with the English, and with a definition of what is a noun or a verb. Perhaps the following may also help with your strange comments above, if I leave YHWH untranslated, instead of how the KJV has substituted LORD for YHWH:
Exodus 15:1–3 (KJV adjusted): 1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto YHWH, and spake, saying, I will sing unto YHWH, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2 YHWH is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 YHWH is a man of war: YHWH is his name.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Whenever someone attempts to find original source material for the original languages of Scripture it can be good, or else it can be disastrous, as we see above.

You are conflating two different things: a proper noun and a verb.

J Hampton Keathly III wrote this:

The Lord Jesus said in John 17:3, “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.” The many names in Scripture constitute additional revelation of God’s character, His works, and His relationship to us based on His character and works. The names which God chose for Himself and which are ascribed to Him in the Word of God are additional revelations of the who and what of God that we may know and relate to God.​
Note David’s declarations about God’s name and word in Psalm 138:1-2. God’s name declares much about His person, but it is God’s Word that reveals God and His name.​

It is He, who names Himself, and thus is not like the gods of the pagans.

Among the names of God revealed in the Torah are Elohim, the first name of God we encounter in the Bible (Gen 1:1; also Gen 1:26, “Let us make man in our image”); El, the generic semitic name for God, which can be translated “the strong and mighty one,” corresponding to theos in Greek, deus in Latin, and allah in Arabic; El Shaddai, “God Almighty” or better “God the All-Sufficient,” pantokratōr in the New Testament (2 Cor 6:18; Rev 1:8; 4:8); El Roy, “The One who sees me,” from the lips of Hagar, (Gen 16:13); El Olam, “the everlasting God” (Gen 21:33); Yahweh, God’s personal proper name which occurs some 6,000 times; Yah, a shortened form of Yahweh (Exod 15:2; 17:16), often used in various combinations: “Yahweh is salvation” (Josh 1:1), “Yahweh is glory” (Num 26:59), “Yahweh will provide” (Gen 22:14), “Yahweh my banner” (Exod 17:15–16), “Yahweh our righteousness” (Jer 23:6; 33:16).​
As God’s personal proper name, Yahweh is different from all of the other names for God in the Bible in one important respect: Elohim and all of its cognates can be used generically to refer to pagan deities and false gods, as we have seen, but this is never the case with Yahweh. So special was this name to the Jews that following the Babylonian captivity they would not pronounce it orally but simply wrote the four Hebrew consonants YHWH, called the Tetragrammaton, literally, the “four-hyphen letter” word.​

Therefore, 101G, your primary error is that you focus only on one word, and you misspell it as a referent to the name The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. In order to get the full glory of the name of our God, we must look at all of the names He gives to Himself. The paragraph beginning with "Among the names..." does this.

Compare what you posted with this resource: (Notice that snipped 15 previous entries to save space)

16. to happen (occur) — to happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance. Stems: qal, 31. Related Topic: Occurrence.​

LEXHAM RESEARCH LEXICON of the HEBREW BIBLE
Brannan, R. (Ed.). (2020). Lexham Research Lexicon of the Hebrew Bible. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

Still, I recognize that you have the wrong word, but you need to see that your reliance on Strong's numbers has a "less full" definition than the Lexham Research Lexicon

As to the name of God, properly it is the Tetragrammaton, or the four letter Tetragrammaton using the Hebrew letters yod he vav he. (In Hebrew it is reversed in order) is the four-letter Hebrew word יהוה (transliterated as YHWH).

Do you remember the part where Jesus says that every jot and tilte is inspired? Because your example above left out the jod, you created a different word, and then went off trying yo defend your misspelling. There is no kind way to say what you did here, but I will say that having demonstrated your error, you need to back down, regroup, and surrender to the truth. Nothing you posted supports your beliefs.

Please do not venture into Hebrew (or Greek) until you have studied the languages formally. I have done that.
First thanks for the reply, second I still stand by my assessment and here's why,
You said, ,"The Lord Jesus said in John 17:3, “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.” The many names in Scripture constitute additional revelation of God’s character, His works, and His relationship to us based on His character and works. The names which God chose for Himself and which are ascribed to Him in the Word of God are additional revelations of the who and what of God that we may know and relate to God."
That's you fatal mistake, because Isaiah 63:5 clearly tells us that the "thee" the only true God is he, the Lord JESUS . his own arm. So read Isaiah 63:5 and tell us who is God's ......."OWN' arm. But read Isaiah chapter 53 first.

PICJAG. 101G

Last edited:

101G

Greetings again 101G,

The margin of the Revised Version has "I will be" for Exodus 3:14, and one of the supporters of this rendition could have been AB Davidson as he was one of the Hebrew scholars engaged in the production of the RV. Please note that I do not endorse all of his theology, as he was most probably a Trinitarian and also had other wrong ideas, but his Hebrew abilities have been respected and some of his Hebrew books were published in new editions until recently.

The following article by AB Davidson is in the Hastings Bible Dictionary Volume 2 page 199:
"The name is connected with the Hebrew ‘hayah’, ‘to be’, in the imperfect. Now with regard to this verb, first, it does not mean ‘to be’ essentially or ontologically, but phenomenally; and secondly the imperfect has not the sense of a present (‘am’) but of a future (‘will be’). In Exodus 3:10ff, when Moses demurred to go to Egypt, God assured him saying, ‘I will be with thee’. When he asked how he should name the God of their fathers to the people, he was told Ehyeh asher Ehyeh. Again he was bidden say, ‘Ehyeh hath sent me unto you’. From all this it seems evident that in the view of the writer Ehyeh and Yahweh are the same: that God is Ehyeh, ‘I will be’, when speaking of Himself and ‘Yahweh’, ‘he will be’, when spoken of by others. What He will be is left unexpressed - He will be with them, helper, strengthener, deliverer."
Now this last comment by AB Davidson ties in with Exodus 13:5 that what God would do or be was that Yahweh would be their salvation.

As John t suggests you seem to have a problem understanding a few of the basics of the Hebrew, but I also suggest that you have difficulty even with the English, and with a definition of what is a noun or a verb. Perhaps the following may also help with your strange comments above, if I leave YHWH untranslated, instead of how the KJV has substituted LORD for YHWH:
Exodus 15:1–3 (KJV adjusted): 1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto YHWH, and spake, saying, I will sing unto YHWH, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2 YHWH is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 YHWH is a man of war: YHWH is his name.

Kind regards
Trevor
Sorry didn't change my mind at all

But thanks for the reply

PICJAG, 101G.

John t

That's you fatal mistake, because Isaiah 63:5 clearly tells us that the "thee" the only true God is he, the Lord JESUS . his own arm. So read Isaiah 63:5 and tell us who is God's ......."OWN' arm. But read Isaiah chapter 53 first.
There is no "fatal mistake", and if you read it again, you will see that I am quoting another person.
You made another fatal mistake when you misspelled the Hebrew word.
The third fatal mistake was your assuming that the word in Hebrew the Tetragrammaton was a verb

Therefore, due to your not understanding Hebrew, you proved nothing

En Hakkore

YHWH is a verb, and NOT a NOUN, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
1. to exist.
2. to be or become.
3. to come into being, i.e. to happen, to occur (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).
[a primitive root]
KJV: beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.
I will add my voice to those who have already critiqued your claim that "YHWH is a verb" --- to the best of my knowledge, I am the most experienced Hebraist currently posting on the forum (I've been studying the language for over twenty years) and have two graduate level degrees in the field of biblical studies, both of which required solid working knowledge of all pertinent languages (ie. Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek).

The verb היה (hayah), whose lexical entry you cite, is found in Exod 3:14 three times so you are correct as far as that goes. In each of the three occurrences it is found in the Qal imperfect first person common singular form אהיה (ehyeh). This word is not the Tetragrammaton --- that word is a proper noun and is found in the following verse:

And God further said to Moses: "You will say this to the sons of Israel: 'YHWH (יהוה) the god of your fathers -- the god of Abraham, the god of Isaac and the god of Jacob -- sent me to you' -- this is my name forever and this is my remembrance from generation to generation." (Exod 3:15)

The structure of the two verses draws the verb אהיה ("I am" or, better, "I will be") into parallel with the Tetragrammaton יהוה, which is a proper noun etymologically related to the verb היה, but is not a verb itself.

Hope this helps clarify...

Kind regards,
Jonathan

101G

There is no "fatal mistake", and if you read it again, you will see that I am quoting another person.
You made another fatal mistake when you misspelled the Hebrew word.
The third fatal mistake was your assuming that the word in Hebrew the Tetragrammaton was a verb

Therefore, due to your not understanding Hebrew, you proved nothing
`well J, did you read Isaiah 63:5 and Isaiah chapter 53?

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

I will add my voice to those who have already critiqued your claim that "YHWH is a verb" --- to the best of my knowledge, I am the most experienced Hebraist currently posting on the forum (I've been studying the language for over twenty years) and have two graduate level degrees in the field of biblical studies, both of which required solid working knowledge of all pertinent languages (ie. Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek).

The verb היה (hayah), whose lexical entry you cite, is found in Exod 3:14 three times so you are correct as far as that goes. In each of the three occurrences it is found in the Qal imperfect first person common singular form אהיה (ehyeh). This word is not the Tetragrammaton --- that word is a proper noun and is found in the following verse:

And God further said to Moses: "You will say this to the sons of Israel: 'YHWH (יהוה) the god of your fathers -- the god of Abraham, the god of Isaac and the god of Jacob -- sent me to you' -- this is my name forever and this is my remembrance from generation to generation." (Exod 3:15)

The structure of the two verses draws the verb אהיה ("I am" or, better, "I will be") into parallel with the Tetragrammaton יהוה, which is a proper noun etymologically related to the verb היה, but is not a verb itself.

Hope this helps clarify...

Kind regards,
Jonathan
Thanks for the reply, but I ask you, since you're a scholar, and maybe by this question, in the way you answer, can clear up this matter, and here's my question, "Is the person in John 1:3 is the same one person in Isaiah 44:24 yes or no? if yes, then God would not, and could not change his name, I'll be looking for your answer.

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

however, the primary intertextual cue in the opening verses of John occurs in the first words εν αρχη (en arche), which also begin Genesis in LXX --- the author is thus drawing the λογος (logos) into some sort of relationship with the θεος (theos) of the Genesis 1 creation account, somehow distinct from yet somehow also equated with this being who creates by means of the spoken word.
First thanks for the reply, second, is not G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n. that which describe order, time, place, or rank, as below of the same person who is God, now in concrete form?
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

and the relationship, or association, is it not in the Fact, that which was (as John used), at the BEGINNING, (Spirit), abstract is now (concrete) flesh and blood?

this is why I asked, if this is the same one person, who was "abstract", Spirit is now .... IN "TIME", "PLACE", "ORDER", and "RANK" is Concrete in flesh and blood? so, can you agree hermeneutically with that assessment? if yes, which in term solves the ontological G3444 μορφή morphe, or internal nature, meaning the (characteristics), or the "ABSTRACT", nature of the Lord Jesus, .

so what is your scholarly assessment of the above diegesis, without any non-religious approach.

will be looking for your reply.

thanks in advance,

PICJAG, 101G.

John t

`well J, did you read Isaiah 63:5 and Isaiah chapter 53?

PICJAG, 101G.
First thanks for the reply, second I still stand by my assessment and here's why,
Your looking at Isaiah is totally irrelevant.

1. Because you misspelled the Tetragrammaton, you came up with a different Hebrew word.
  2. Because you called a proper noun a verb.
  3. Because you did not bother to make a change in your beliefs to conform with the academic quality You refused to consider the grammars and lexicons say about the Tetragrammaton.
  4. Because you did not consider the possibility of you being wrong and not having any academic foundation in Hebrew, you did not provide any proof of either En Hakkor or myself being wrong using Hebrew language aids

Therefore, it is plain for all of us to see that you have absolutely nothing to contribute in a positive manner to this discussion. Your opinions have no language skills to support them, so you are ....... never mind. I will not do an ad hominem except to point out what is obvious from what you wrote.

En Hakkore

First thanks for the reply...
You're welcome... that reply has since vanished from the thread so I will take that as an indication that any contribution beyond offering my linguistic expertise is not wanted here and I will therefore remove myself from further involvement in the thread in deference to that decision. All the best to you...

Kind regards,
Jonathan

101G

Your looking at Isaiah is totally irrelevant.

1. Because you misspelled the Tetragrammaton, you came up with a different Hebrew word.
  2. Because you called a proper noun a verb.
  3. Because you did not bother to make a change in your beliefs to conform with the academic quality You refused to consider the grammars and lexicons say about the Tetragrammaton.
  4. Because you did not consider the possibility of you being wrong and not having any academic foundation in Hebrew, you did not provide any proof of either En Hakkor or myself being wrong using Hebrew language aids

Therefore, it is plain for all of us to see that you have absolutely nothing to contribute in a positive manner to this discussion. Your opinions have no language skills to support them, so you are ....... never mind. I will not do an ad hominem except to point out what is obvious from what you wrote.
so we can take this as you have no legitimate rebuttal? thought so, excuses is just that, excuses. but I leave you with this, "when you come before the Judgment seat of the Lord JESUS, God almighty, don't try the porky the pig routine, don't start stuttering, and please don't lie to the Lord Jesus, ok". understand, my JOB is just to tell you the truth, so my words of God that is in my mouth, (that he placed there), will be a witness aganist you today in the judgment.

Yes, when one comes in front of the Lord JESUS, YESHUA, that's between you and him then, Yes the Lord Jesus who sits on the throne, Philippians 2:9 "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:"
Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"
Philippians 2:11 "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

some may say, "see Jesus is not God, because God highly exalted him", lol, lol, lol, Oh the blind in the ditch, ERROR, because the Lord JESUS is GOD himself, scripture, Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me."
Isaiah 45:22 "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."

unto the "LORD", all caps, EVERY "knee", and EVERY "tongue?" and this is the LORD, who is "GOD", per Deuteronomy 6:4. and who is the "LORD?"
Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"
Philippians 2:11 "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Either this is the same ONE PERSON, LORD, and Lord, or you will be bowing and confessing TWICE ,,,,,,, :eek: YIKES! lol, lol, lol,

but as I said, my JOB is tell you, so don't get upset with 101G, because you're Ignorant....... (Smile), the choice is yours, continue believing a lie, or UNDERSTAND the TRUTH, which is in black and white in front of your eyes.........

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

You're welcome... that reply has since vanished from the thread so I will take that as an indication that any contribution beyond offering my linguistic expertise is not wanted here and I will therefore remove myself from further involvement in the thread in deference to that decision. All the best to you...

Kind regards,
Jonathan
first thanks for the reply, second,, "vanished from the thread?", I don't believe so, read Post #53, and #54, maybe someone else post may have vanished, I don't know."
well I'm sorry you took it that way, but that's your decision, but if you ever reconsider, please address the post stated above, thanks.

and as to offering your linguistic expertise , it is welcome as for as I'm concerned.

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
Yes, these are interesting passages both in Isaiah and Philippians and we need to examine the detail. Could you explain how it is, that when we bow the knee to Jesus and confess he is Lord, (and this does not include the two different words LORD (Yahweh) and Lord Psalm 110:1) then it states that this redounds to God the Father? Is Jesus also God the Father?

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Greetings again 101G,

Yes, these are interesting passages both in Isaiah and Philippians and we need to examine the detail. Could you explain how it is, that when we bow the knee to Jesus and confess he is Lord, (and this does not include the two different words LORD (Yahweh) and Lord Psalm 110:1) then it states that this redounds to God the Father? Is Jesus also God the Father?

Kind regards
Trevor
sure, for the terms LORD, all caps, and Lord, is the same one term, the only difference is the Lord who is God, (the LORD), per Deut 6:4, is shared in flesh. lets see it.

Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."
LORD: WHICH IS A TITLE IN NAME IS, H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.

4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961

Now, Lord: WHICH IS A TITLE ALSO, H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.

master? John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.".

now the REVELATION,

Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."
the SAME "Lord" in verse #1 is,

H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).

[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

DID you see that? read definition #2 again, (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel”), so you have TWO false Yahweh God of Israel?

NO, so what is the difference in "LORD", and "Lord?" answer, as said, the same one Person, but "SHARES" in Flesh as, as, as, or in LIKENESS as a man.

simply put God, shared, in Flesh. Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

so who is "WITH" us? God right, and How is God with us? answer, in a BODY of Flesh, supportive scripture, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

now, lets do a little deductive reasoning. if God is with us and his name is JESUS, scripture, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.", and God is the ONLY SAVIOUR,, and according to many when God said, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
Exodus 3:15 "And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

now if "I AM THAT I AM" is God's PERSONAL NAME ... "FOR EVER" .... your Jehovaj, why did God changed his name then? if he did, then God lied... (God forbid). OR, OR.... OR, "I AM THAT I AM" is not his PERSONAL NAME .... "For Ever". not as to "WHO" he is.

do you see your problem now? also, why not call on the "I AM THAT I AM" to be SAVED? is this not his NAME? according to you. for the scriptures states, Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."

so why not call on "I AM THAT I AM" your Jehovah aka Yahweh? when the Lord said, "I AM", JESUS, YESHUA. and the apostles said, Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

WHY, the NAME"JESUS?" just go back a few verses, Acts 4:10 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole." Acts 4:11 "This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner." well God said that. and who is God that raised up the body of JESUS? lets see,

John 2:18 "Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?"
John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
John 2:20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?"
John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body."
John 2:22 "When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

so Jesus who is God in the ECHAD raised up his OWN body, and notice verse 22 of John here. is said, "his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them", now if the apostle Peter REMEMBERED this, why say God raised him up when he knew full well that Jesus said that he, would raise up his own body. well did the apostle Peter all of a sudden got alzheimer's? no, he know exactly what he was saying by God raised up the body of this man JESUS, he the apostle Peter KNEW that JESUS is God, and the name JESUS is God Holy Name.

only in this NAME, "JESUS" can men be saved. so if GOD name is Jehovah aka Yahweh, and that name suppose to be For-Ever, why did GOD change his name... no he did not, because the false fake names, Jehovah aka Yahweh, are man made name.

we suggest you re-read this post .

PICJAG, 101G.