Is Jehovah His Name?

John t

so we can take this as you have no legitimate rebuttal?
You are the one who screwed up the Hebrew by misspelling the Tetragrammaton, you are the one who called a proper noun a verb, and your "rebuttal" is to falsely and vigorously attack me with irrelevant out-of context threats.

Your posted words are your undoing.

John t

You're welcome... that reply has since vanished from the thread so I will take that as an indication that any contribution beyond offering my linguistic expertise is not wanted here and I will therefore remove myself from further involvement in the thread in deference to that decision.
Rash decision, friend.

Your post was deleted, but no explanation was given, and that is your reason for leaving this forum. Is that a correct understanding of your reason to leave?

I assume "yes" is correct. If no one gave you a reason, then by definition you are creating a "reason" based on silence, that is being unreasonable.

Currently, the thread is W A Y off course because it is not discussing anything JW, but is pointing out blatant errors made by one poster. He has no knowledge of Hebrew, but uses Strong's Expanded Lexicon as a source (but he does not annotate that properly) to fool others into believing that he knows more than he actually does.

Therefore it is my guess that made a report that that your post may be off topic. On one level, it may have been; I do not know for sure. Nor am I going to second guess mods on the open forum. However since the one poster tried to make his point via a misspelling of the Hebrew word, and went off tangent when confronted with that, we are now further afield from the OP than before.

So do not be wondering about things when this post may also disappear if it is deemed to be a non-JW related post.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
we suggest you re-read this post .
Yes, I read it twice and I am non the wiser as I see only a confusion of ideas. There is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and our Lord Jesus (Yah's salvation) Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

You are the one who screwed up the Hebrew by misspelling the Tetragrammaton, you are the one who called a proper noun a verb, and your "rebuttal" is to falsely and vigorously attack me with irrelevant out-of context threats.

Your posted words are your undoing.
so still no legitimate rebuttal... ok.

Good day,

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Greetings again 101G,

Yes, I read it twice and I am non the wiser as I see only a confusion of ideas. There is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and our Lord Jesus (Yah's salvation) Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor
well read it a third... (smile), for there is only ONE God diversified in flesh, the Ordinal First/LORD is Father, CREATOR, and MAKER of ALL THINGS, name JESUS/YESHUA. and this same one God, one Person in the ECHAD is also the Ordinal Last/Lord, Son, REDEEMER, and SAVIOUR of ALL THINGS. Name, JESUS/YESHUA. for the scriptures are true, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." other words, I AM he, the First/Father, I ALSO AM the Last/Son..... the Same one person, only in the ECHAD.

PICJAG, 101G.

imJRR

Rash decision, friend.

Your post was deleted, but no explanation was given, and that is your reason for leaving this forum. Is that a correct understanding of your reason to leave?

I assume "yes" is correct. If no one gave you a reason, then by definition you are creating a "reason" based on silence, that is being unreasonable.

Currently, the thread is W A Y off course because it is not discussing anything JW, but is pointing out blatant errors made by one poster. He has no knowledge of Hebrew, but uses Strong's Expanded Lexicon as a source (but he does not annotate that properly) to fool others into believing that he knows more than he actually does.

Therefore it is my guess that made a report that that your post may be off topic. On one level, it may have been; I do not know for sure. Nor am I going to second guess mods on the open forum. However since the one poster tried to make his point via a misspelling of the Hebrew word, and went off tangent when confronted with that, we are now further afield from the OP than before.

So do not be wondering about things when this post may also disappear if it is deemed to be a non-JW related post.

Quote: "Currently, the thread is W A Y off course because it is not discussing anything JW..."

You got that right - This thread has been hijacked for personal agenda purposes.

And I believe the poster responsible fully knows this and does not care.

imJRR

That is what happens when a poster demonstrates that s/he has no defense of his cult using the Bible alone, in its context.

I guess so. To hijack a thread for personal agenda purposes and not care about doing so shows a definite lacking in ethics, IMO.

Even if the position was right - If unethical means are used to communicate your position, I really don't want to hear the position. What real "good" does having a Bible or "the real, true name of God" do you if it doesn't influence your behavior?

Bringing the subject back to JWs - IF that's possible - IF the thread won't continue to be unethically hijacked for personal agenda purposes - I have experienced JWs introducing themselves by saying "We're Bible students, and we'd like to invite you to a study." I got a letter from a JW a couple months ago with this kind of approach. With Covid restrictions, they're resorting to this kind of thing now, because they are very limited in going door to door. Not honest; not ethical; but also not that surprising.

rossh

Ancient Jews had a superstitious dread of pronouncing the name YHWH. They feared any pronunciation of YHWH was a violation of the third commandment, so they substituted Adonai in its place. Over time the pronunciation was lost, and since the pronunciation was lost and Hebrew is written without vowels, the vowels were lost also.

Over time it was copied with Adonai wrote above YHWH, and as Kyrios in the Septuagint. Masoretes = [6-11 century scribes and scholars living in Jerusalem and Tiberius] attempted to fix divisions of Jewish Bibles for the worldwide Jewish community. They combined the vowels of Adonai [ADONIA] with YHWH to produce Yahowah. During the Reformation, when the church was headquartered in Germany Yahowah was Germanized to Jahovah = Jehovah by substituting the J for Y and V for W. Other names such as Yosef to Joseph, Yud to Jude, Yob to Job were also Germanized. Jehovah is not found in the Septuagint, Samaritan Pentateuch, Apocrypha, or early manuscripts of the New Testament.

It is one thing to say that we suspect, we assume, we conclude, that Jehovah is the name of God. It is another to claim without a doubt that Jehovah is the name of God. Also if Jehovah is truly and definitely the name of God where and when did the WTS discover the vowels?
Obviously there is NO " J " in the Hebrew/Jewish/Roman languages... If you want to follow the other cult then do so.. as in the RCC..

John t

Obviously there is NO " J " in the Hebrew/Jewish/Roman languages... If you want to follow the other cult then do so.. as in the RCC..

The "J" is there from German, and that is the short answer to a protracted answer.

rossh

The "J" is there from German, and that is the short answer to a protracted answer.
Yeshua is Jewish and in the Jewish language there is NO " J " ?? how hard it that to understand ? No matter how much you intend to natter on and on and on about your super intelligence, there will still be NO " J " in the Hebrew/Jewish language..

Matt 1:
18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place. When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh.

19 Her husband-to-be, Yosef, was a man who did what was right; so he made plans to break the engagement quietly, rather than put her to public shame.

20 But while he was thinking about this, an angel of ADONAI appeared to him in a dream and said, "Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Miryam home with you as your wife; for what has been conceived in her is from the Ruach HaKodesh.

21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves,'] because he will save his people from their sins."

All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet,

23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El."a (The name means, "God is with us.")

24 When Yosef awoke he did what the angel of ADONAI had told him to do -- he took Miryam home to be his wife,

25 but he did not have sexual relations with her until she had given birth to a son, and he named him Yeshua.

and you were saying ? regardless of which threads we may be on we are still on a " religious website "...