Is Jesus Both Lord and God?

You are responding to a typo...I meant to type "God the word" This goes to show how sill you people are... You did not follow the conversation. Is there a "God the word" in the scripture?
Well, John 1:1 that I also posted says " the WORD was God and was with God "! Thus Jesus "was " in Fact God the Word in John 1:1 before He became " FLESH " ( incarnate as God the Word in the Flesh ) in John 1:14! Case still closed on your Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of those posted scriptures! Yes it was Jesus who " was God " the Word in John 1:1 because His name is also still called " the Word " in Rev.19:13! So stop teaching your twisted views! Jesus " was God " in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " in John 1:14! Also Trinitarian is telling you that there are 3 ( not two ) Divine Persons ( FSHS - see Matt.28:19 in conjunction with 1 John 5:7 of the KJV Bible ) that make up the ONE GOD of scriptures, and yes each of those Divine Person can be called God, just like each of your make up ( Body, Soul, & Spirit - see 1 Thess.5:23 for humans make up ) can be called Human without you actually being 3 Humans! So yes the scriptures IMPLY that just as if I said " Newbirth the Human ", if the scripture said Newbirth " was Human " !

Last edited:
Well, John 1:1 that I also posted says " the WORD was God and was with God "! Thus Jesus "was " in Fact God the Word in John 1:1 before He became " FLESH " ( incarnate as God the Word in the Flesh ) in John 1:14!
Then you have a conflict with Jn 17:3...
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The scripture teaches only one God...You are claiming another God...How many gods do you have?
Case still closed on your Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of those posted scriptures!
2 Pet 3 does not say Jesus is God...In fact, is shows that you do not understand the scripture... Peter himself said Jesus is the son of God...
Matthew 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Yes it was Jesus who " was God " the Word in John 1:1 because His name is also still called " the Word " in Rev.19:13!
If that is so then you have two Gods...How many Gods do you have? At the end of the day, you must conclude only one God...
So stop teaching your twisted views! Jesus " was God " in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " in John 1:14!
If Jesus was God what was his Father?
Also Trinitarian is telling you that there are 3 ( not two ) Divine Persons ( FSHS - see Matt.28:19 in conjunction with 1 John 5:7 of the KJV Bible )
that make up the ONE GOD of scriptures,
A trinitarian telling me that nonsense is of no consequence since the scripture does not say anything about three divine persons.
and yes each of those Divine Person can be called God,
therefore three Gods
just like each of your make up ( Body, Soul, & Spirit - see 1 Thess.5:23 for humans make up ) can be called Human without you actually being 3 Humans!
You are not making any sense... I don't have three make ups... I have a body and a spirit and that makes me a living soul...Gen 2:7...
So yes the scriptures IMPLY that just as if I said " Newbirth the Human ", if the scripture said Newbirth " was Human " !
The Scripture does not refer to me as human...the scripture refers to me as man...Therefore the scripture does not imply human... Therefore Newbirth the man is a living soul because he has a body with the breath of life. The body without the spirit is dead. So which one of your God was dead when Jesus died?

That is your unitarian misunderstanding at work.
This is your ignorance at work...
There is One Lord and there is One God.
Jesus is lord and his father is God...You can go wrestle with these passages confirming what i said...
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Philippians 1:2
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 John 1:3
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
There are not 2 Lords and 2 Gods.
There is one God the father and one Lord Jesus Christ... Wrestle with this...
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
The One God/Lord is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Nope, that is not written in the scripture...
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Then you have a conflict with Jn 17:3...
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The scripture teaches only one God...You are claiming another God...How many gods do you have?

2 Pet 3 does not say Jesus is God...In fact, is shows that you do not understand the scripture... Peter himself said Jesus is the son of God...
Matthew 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

If that is so then you have two Gods...How many Gods do you have? At the end of the day, you must conclude only one God...

If Jesus was God what was his Father?

A trinitarian telling me that nonsense is of no consequence since the scripture does not say anything about three divine persons.

therefore three Gods

You are not making any sense... I don't have three make ups... I have a body and a spirit and that makes me a living soul...Gen 2:7...

The Scripture does not refer to me as human...the scripture refers to me as man...Therefore the scripture does not imply human... Therefore Newbirth the man is a living soul because he has a body with the breath of life. The body without the spirit is dead. So which one of your God was dead when Jesus died?
No I do NOT have a conflict with John 17:3 because NO scripture will contradict any other scriptures, such as John 1:1+14 that PROVES God the Word in verse 1 became the God-Man we now call Jesus Christ in verse 14! The Father did NOT glorify God the Word who is already, He Glorified His FLESH human body of John 1:14! So put a stop to your TWISTING ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) those posted scriptures! God the Father even calls that Son ( Jesus Christ ) " O God " in Hebrews 1:8! We can only be adopted sons, if and when you accept that God-Man as your LORD & Savior and believe in His death, burial, and resurrection as per the Gospel! Case closed on your twisting by telling the readers that He is NOT both fully God the Word of John 1:1 as well as fully human as a man by the FLESH of John 1:14 or God the Word in the flesh called Jesus Christ, while STILL having His Forner NAME " The Word " of God in Rev.19:13! What I posted in NO way contradicts John 17:3, but your view ( that He is NOT God the Word also of John 1:1 and is only just a man ) does in FACT contradict John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:8! FYI also, 2 Peter 3:16 is ONLY about your Twisting of the scriptures where He is called God such as in Heb.1:8! I NEVER said 2 Peter said Jesus is God! Know how to read correctly! It's now wonder you hardly ever get the posted scriptures RIGHT and you wind up Twisting them! END of Debate!

Last edited:
That is your unitarian misunderstanding at work.
Then you are saying Jesus is his own father...
There is One Lord and there is One God.
The one Lord is Jesus and the one God is his Father...
There are not 2 Lords and 2 Gods.
Therefore Jesus is not God...only the father is God. And Jesus is Lord. They are not each other or the same entity.
The One God/Lord is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Nope, there is no passage in the scripture that says that. Therefore it is a trinitarian misunderstanding

No I do NOT have a conflict with John 17:3 because NO scripture will contradict any other scriptures,
You do have a conflict since you did not quote any scripture to back your claim.
such as John 1:1+14 that PROVES God the Word in verse 1 became the God-Man we now call Jesus Christ in verse 14!
It does not say that therefore it does not prove that.
The Father did NOT glorify God the Word who is already,
No, he glorified his son... 1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
He Glorified His FLESH human body of John 1:14!
Are you saying that God is his own son? You are saying that God the father glorified himself as his son. Where does the scripture say that?
So put a stop to your TWISTING ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) those posted scriptures! God the Father even calls that Son ( Jesus Christ ) " O God " in Hebrews 1:8! We can only be adopted sons, if and when you accept that God-Man as your LORD & Savior and believe in His death, burial, and resurrection as per the Gospel! Case closed on your twisting by telling the readers that He is NOT both fully God the Word of John 1:1 as well as fully human as a man by the FLESH of John 1:14 or God the Word in the flesh called Jesus Christ, while STILL having His Forner NAME " The Word " of God in Rev.19:13! What I posted in NO way contradicts John 17:3, but your view ( that He is NOT God the Word also of John 1:1 and is only just a man ) does in FACT contradict John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:8! FYI also, 2 Peter 3:16 is ONLY about your Twisting of the scriptures where He is called God such as in Heb.1:8! I NEVER said 2 Peter said Jesus is God! Know how to read correctly! It's now wonder you hardly ever get the posted scriptures RIGHT and you wind up Twisting them! END of Debate!
You should put a stop to your nonsense now. You have been exposed... You teach that God is his own son Jesus.

You do have a conflict since you did not quote any scripture to back your claim.

It does not say that therefore it does not prove that.

No, he glorified his son... 1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Are you saying that God is his own son? You are saying that God the father glorified himself as his son. Where does the scripture say that?

You should put a stop to your nonsense now. You have been exposed... You teach that God is his own son Jesus.
You need to put a stop to your WERONG interpretation of my posts! My post in NO way teaches that God is His own Son! I correctly post that the ONE GOD of the scriptures is a TRINITY consisting of three Divine Persons ( FSHS - Matt.28:19 )! Thus the WORD ( Not the Father or Holy Spirit ) who was God in John 1:1 became Flesh as Jesus Christ in John 1:14! So don't tell me that those scriptures do NOT say God the Word ( who is not God the Father nor God the Holy Spirit ) did not become Jesus Christ ( the God-Man since God the Word of John 1:1 can NOT cease to still be God when He becomes incarnate as the Man called Jesus Christ )! Case closed on your continuous Twisting ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of those scriptures that I post, as they CLEARLY BACK UP those Facts that I state!

You need to put a stop to your WERONG interpretation of my posts!
I am stating what you said... your claim is god has a flesh human body...
rod.ney said:
The Father did NOT glorify God the Word who is already, He Glorified His FLESH human body of John 1:14!
My post in NO way teaches that God is His own Son! I correctly post that the ONE GOD of the scriptures is a TRINITY consisting of three Divine Persons ( FSHS - Matt.28:19 )!
So what do you mean by this?
rod.ney said:
The Father did NOT glorify God the Word who is already, He Glorified His FLESH human body of John 1:14! I can take this two ways .(1) God glorified another God or God glorified himself..
Thus the WORD ( Not the Father or Holy Spirit ) who was God in John 1:1 became Flesh as Jesus Christ in John 1:14!
this proves you are teaching many Gods... You have a God in Jn 1:1 who is not the father or the HS
So don't tell me that those scriptures do NOT say God the Word
It does not say God the word...
( who is not God the Father nor God the Holy Spirit ) did not become Jesus Christ ( the God-Man since God the Word of John 1:1 can NOT cease to still be God when He becomes incarnate as the Man called Jesus Christ )!
Now you are saying God became a man, you do know that men die, don't you? You are saying Your God became a man and died.
Case closed on your continuous Twisting ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of those scriptures that I post, as they CLEARLY BACK UP those Facts that I state!
You are closing a case without posting any scripture that says God was a man or God died or God was a God-man or there is a God the word.

You use your "good works" to hopefully obtain "salvation".
My salvation was the very day He came to me and opens up who He is just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16, Adam in Gen 3:22, Abraham, Moses, 120. And just as with these Gods works started in all of these and me.

You just need to be born of God as all of us were then you can start His works, until then you are own your own merits.
Eph 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.
Yes that is what I just said we are created in Christ, and do the works of our Father. We who is born of God has His same disposition. It would do you well to receieve the Father to be His child, His son, but that isn't going to happen is it?

It is time to put a stop to this foolishness. The question before the OP goes like this...

Is Jesus Both Lord and God?​

To the believer, there is only one God the father. Jesus said God is his father. Therefore the question is asking if Jesus is both lord Jesus the son of God and God his father. So anyone who believes that Jesus is both Lord and God believes that Jesus is his own father God, plain and simple.

I am stating what you said... your claim is god has a flesh human body...
rod.ney said:
The Father did NOT glorify God the Word who is already, He Glorified His FLESH human body of John 1:14!

So what do you mean by this?
rod.ney said:
The Father did NOT glorify God the Word who is already, He Glorified His FLESH human body of John 1:14! I can take this two ways .(1) God glorified another God or God glorified himself..

this proves you are teaching many Gods... You have a God in Jn 1:1 who is not the father or the HS

It does not say God the word...

Now you are saying God became a man, you do know that men die, don't you? You are saying Your God became a man and died.

You are closing a case without posting any scripture that says God was a man or God died or God was a God-man or there is a God the word.
FYI again the ONE GOD is a Trinity of three Divine Persons ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 )! All three Divine Person can be called God with out actually being 3 GOD's, just like ONE Human is a trinity that consists of a Body, Soul, & Spirit ( 1 Thess.5:23 ) and each of those 3 can be called human ( human body, human soul, & human spirit ) with out actually being 3 Humans! The Divine Person called the Father ( God the Father ) Glorified the human body of the Divine Person ( God the Word ) called the Son! Case closed!

FYI again the ONE GOD is a Trinity of three Divine Persons ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 )!
FYI that is not written anywhere in the scripture
All three Divine Person can be called God with out actually being 3 GOD's,
So why are you calling each of those three divine persons God if they are not Gods?
just like ONE Human is a trinity that consists of a Body, Soul, & Spirit ( 1 Thess.5:23 )
A man is not a Trinity, a man is a living soul, and he has a body and a spirit, Gen 2 :7
and each of those 3 can be called human ( human body, human soul, & human spirit ) with out actually being 3 Humans!
But those three cannot be called a man, can they? The body by itself is dead without the spirit, therefore not a man...it is called a corpse. The body with the spirit is called a living soul according to Gen 2:7. The spirit is not called a man.
The Divine Person called the Father ( God the Father ) Glorified the human body of the Divine Person ( God the Word ) called the Son! Case closed!
That is not written in the scripture. You are yet to support your nonsense with scripture.

FYI again the ONE GOD is a Trinity of three Divine Persons ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 )! All three Divine Person can be called God with out actually being 3 GOD's, just like ONE Human is a trinity that consists of a Body, Soul, & Spirit ( 1 Thess.5:23 ) and each of those 3 can be called human ( human body, human soul, & human spirit ) with out actually being 3 Humans! The Divine Person called the Father ( God the Father ) Glorified the human body of the Divine Person ( God the Word ) called the Son! Case closed!
Actually the trinity belief is only a system devised for those who never has met God face to face -- but if you ever do see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him as well. 1 John 3, and in that that trinity belief will reveal it is only mans control over their gods.

FYI that is not written anywhere in the scripture

So why are you calling each of those three divine persons God if they are not Gods?

A man is not a Trinity, a man is a living soul, and he has a body and a spirit, Gen 2 :7

But those three cannot be called a man, can they? The body by itself is dead without the spirit, therefore not a man...it is called a corpse. The body with the spirit is called a living soul according to Gen 2:7. The spirit is not called a man.

That is not written in the scripture. You are yet to support your nonsense with scripture.
So according to you, you are just a man and not a human! 1 Thess.5:23 is scripture that does in FACT say we have a BODY, SOUL, & Spirit ( Triune just like the One God is )! They can be called human, just like the Bible calls each of the 3 Divine Persons " God "! You don't deny that the Father is called " God " ( Deity ), but you do about the Son & Holy Spirit! The Son is called " O God " in Heb.1:8 and the indwelling ( 1 Cor.6:19 ) Holy Spirit is called " God " in Acts 5:3-4! Case closed!

Actually the trinity belief is only a system devised for those who never has met God face to face -- but if you ever do see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him as well. 1 John 3, and in that that trinity belief will reveal it is only mans control over their gods.
Actually the scriptures call the Father, Son & Holy Spirit God individually! Thus the Fact from that proves the one GOD is a Trinity! Case closed!

Actually the scriptures call the Father, Son & Holy Spirit God individually! Thus the Fact from that proves the one GOD is a Trinity! Case closed!
Actually all who are His sons call Him Father, so did Jesus. And all who are His sons is by His same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus.

And in that the fact is, you never have met the Father as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 to be His son, that is the facts. You dont know who the son is from lack in knowing the Father personally to even be His son and in that you havent a clue who the Father of Jesus was.

All that you have is a belief for three gods.

Last edited:
So according to you, you are just a man and not a human! 1 Thess.5:23 is scripture that does in FACT say we have a BODY, SOUL, & Spirit ( Triune just like the One God is )! They can be called human, just like the Bible calls each of the 3 Divine Persons " God "! You don't deny that the Father is called " God " ( Deity ), but you do about the Son & Holy Spirit! The Son is called " O God " in Heb.1:8 and the indwelling ( 1 Cor.6:19 ) Holy Spirit is called " God " in Acts 5:3-4! Case closed!
Tell us how you can be a man and not huMAN?

"1 John 5:7: 'There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one' but this is an ...

In heaven, His temple, The place God resides, you just dont know what His temple is.

God is my Father, I was given His word by His Spirit just as Jesus did in Matt 3;16, and in that, these three are one and He in me and I inHim are one John 17.

You dont have a clue what it is to be the temple of God do you as Jesus was the temple of God do you?

So according to you, you are just a man and not a human!
According to God, I am a man...according to God what are you?
1 Thess.5:23 is scripture that does in FACT say we have a BODY, SOUL, & Spirit ( Triune just like the One God is )!
No it does not...you should read it slowly.
They can be called human, just like the Bible calls each of the 3 Divine Persons " God "!
You cannot call your spirit human, that is silly. A human is flesh and blood. Is a spirit flesh and blood? There is no mention of three divine persons in the scripture.
You don't deny that the Father is called " God " ( Deity ),
The father is the only true God...
John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
but you do about the Son & Holy Spirit! The Son is called " O God " in Heb.1:8 and the indwelling ( 1 Cor.6:19 ) Holy Spirit is called " God " in Acts 5:3-4! Case closed!
In both cases you are wrong... We know that the father is the only true God because Jesus the son said so. If you are claiming that Jesus is also God then that would be two Gods since they are not each other. If you are claiming that the HS is also God that would be three Gods because they are not each other. So you are the one calling each of them God and then denying that they are Gods. You are calling another entity God. An entity that does not exist in the scriptures. An entity called the Trinity is made up of three who you call Gods but deny that they are Gods. Make it make sense.

FYI again the ONE GOD is a Trinity of three Divine Persons ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 )!
Nope ...the scripture is very clear...

It does not say but to us, there is one God the trinity...
All three Divine Person can be called God with out actually being 3 GOD's,
Again you are saying that each is called God but each is not God. Then you argue that the father is God the son is God and the HS is God but each is not the other....Please make it make sense.
just like ONE Human is a trinity that consists of a Body, Soul, & Spirit ( 1 Thess.5:23 )
Gen 2:7 says man is a living soul...Go read it slowly. Nowhere in the scripture does it say one human is a trinity. This is a bible discussion forum...Not a rod.ney say so forum. Get your facts straight.
and each of those 3 can be called human ( human body, human soul, & human spirit ) with out actually being 3 Humans!
nonsense a human is not a spirit...
The Divine Person called the Father ( God the Father ) Glorified the human body of the Divine Person ( God the Word ) called the Son! Case closed!
that is two Gods rod.ney can you not count...?

Back