Is Jesus in the Godhead or is the Godhead in Jesus?

This....
...of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Becomes this...
...Everyone on earth whose name was not written from the world’s foundation ...
Busted.

I didn't argue for a modern version. You are so blinded by bias that you didn't even realize it.
Sure you did.

Keep on trying to convince yourself of what didn't happen.

I posted a KJV verse and you counter- posted a modern version to counter the KJV.
Oh, yes you did.

In no way shape or form did I "counter- posted a modern version to counter the KJV." I said over and over and over and over again that the KJV teaches the names were written from the foundation of the earth. When are you going to listen before assuming what others are saying?

God Bless

In no way shape or form did I "counter- posted a modern version to counter the KJV." I said over and over and over and over again that the KJV teaches the names were written from the foundation of the earth. When are you going to listen before assuming what others are saying?

God Bless
Really, because I held this position year and years before I saw it worded differently in the ESV.
Busted

In no way shape or form did I "counter- posted a modern version to counter the KJV."I said over and over and over and over again that the KJV teaches the names were written from the foundation of the earth. When are you going to listen before assuming what others are saying?
Really, because I held this position year and years before I saw it worded differently in the ESV.
Busted

Nice job busting your own argument.

"I saw it worded differently in the ESV.""posted a modern version to counter the KJV."

What an epic failure.

God Bless

The Bible says "....in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.".

Was Paul speaking figuratively(metaphorically) or literally about this "all of God inside Jesus" concept?

Do we also teach "all of God inside Jesus"?

If not, why not?

All the fullness of God dwells in believers. See your Bible rather than your creed.

So, every bit of what God consists of indwells us as we are omnipresent like Jesus?

Colossians 2:9 doesn't say anything about that either does it?

What does this say?

...and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:19

Colossians 2:9 doesn't say anything about that either does it?

What does this say?

...and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:19
Not this for sure....

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

You are not full of the Godhead, bodily.

Does the Father? Does the Holy Spirit? Are you actually suggesting a human body is required to be "God"?
You don't quite get what Col 2:9 is saying.

It is saying that every bit of what God consists of is inside the body of Jesus.

You likely think Jesus is a mere 6' tall man.

Fact is, Jesus, bodily, is an omnipresent quickening human spirit now.

This occured when Jesus' God raised him from the dead.

This is how all of Jesus' God fits inside of him today.

The alternative theology teaches that only the "qualities" of God and not ALL of God is inside Jesus.

It is a watered down version of Col 2:9.

You don't quite get what Col 2:9 is saying.

It is saying that every bit of what God consists of is inside the body of Jesus.

Your Bible also says in the next verse that believers are made FULL in him. It's the same word in verb form. And the Bible also says believers are filled up with all the fullness of God. Same language.

You likely think Jesus is a mere 6' tall man.

Fact is, Jesus, bodily, is an omnipresent quickening human spirit now.

This occured when Jesus' God raised him from the dead.

This is how all of Jesus' God fits inside of him today.

It has nothing to do with "fitting" all of God into Jesus. Good grief man.

The alternative theology teaches that only the "qualities" of God and not ALL of God is inside Jesus.

It is a watered down version of Col 2:9.

Back