Is Pre-mortality part of "the Gospel"?

Greetings again Richard7,
Can you please explain the reason Christ descended to hell?
Nice to hear from you again, but I decided that I would leave interacting with Mormon beliefs after examining many aspects. I also stated that I have an explanation of your favourite passage, but not willing to discuss it. I believe that Jesus was dead in the grave without consciousness for three days Acts 2:29-32.

Kind regards
Trevor

Nice to hear from you again, but I decided that I would leave interacting with Mormon beliefs after examining many aspects. I also stated that I have an explanation of your favourite passage, but not willing to discuss it. I believe that Jesus was dead in the grave without consciousness for three days Acts 2:29-32.

Kind regards
Trevor
So it seems likely you have no answer...

So it seems likely you have no answer...
No, not at all. I recommend reviewing my previous discussion and the booklet that I recommended. Some of the titles of the chapters listed should prompt you to accept that Mormon beliefs and practices are very different from the accepted norm of understanding, and also different to the Bible teaching before the Book of Mormon and Doctrines and Covenants and the history of the early Mormons are added. Some of the Mormon teachings are very extensive and some justification for the Mormon teachings are based upon one or more ambiguous or obscure Bible passage such as your favourite 1 Peter 3:19-20 and another example possibly the passage 1 Corinthians 15:29 "baptism for the dead" and the extensive practice and genealogy research. To me these are like inverted pyramids, and not based on a reasonable foundation of many passages and the clear teaching from these. But again, it is time to move on. The other two main participants seem to accept this, but you seemed convinced that you can either convert or convince me, or partially defend the unusual Mormon teachings and practice. I am surprised that you and others and over a million or more Mormons cannot see through and past these ideas.

Kind regards
Trevor

No, not at all. I recommend reviewing my previous discussion and the booklet that I recommended. Some of the titles of the chapters listed should prompt you to accept that Mormon beliefs and practices are very different from the accepted norm of understanding, and also different to the Bible teaching before the Book of Mormon and Doctrines and Covenants and the history of the early Mormons are added. Some of the Mormon teachings are very extensive and some justification for the Mormon teachings are based upon one or more ambiguous or obscure Bible passage such as your favourite 1 Peter 3:19-20 and another example possibly the passage 1 Corinthians 15:29 "baptism for the dead" and the extensive practice and genealogy research. To me these are like inverted pyramids, and not based on a reasonable foundation of many passages and the clear teaching from these. But again, it is time to move on. The other two main participants seem to accept this, but you seemed convinced that you can either convert or convince me, or partially defend the unusual Mormon teachings and practice. I am surprised that you and others and over a million or more Mormons cannot see through and past these ideas.

Kind regards
Trevor
Not here to convert anyone, here to share the light and knowledge I have received and how others can also receive it... period. It's sort of obvious the sharing is one way... not willing to indulge in scripture translation is obviously not your forte

Not here to convert anyone, here to share the light and knowledge I have received and how others can also receive it... period. It's sort of obvious the sharing is one way... not willing to indulge in scripture translation is obviously not your forte
Not sure how you are using the phrase "scripture translation". I normally start with the KJV translation, and then compare a few others. As far as participation in this thread and referring to and explaining Scripture, the following are my posts in this thread:
Posts Numbers: 3,15,18,21,56,69,77,82,96,99,102,104,141,152,155,158,161,169,182,191,203,214,216,222,230,238,245,247,251,255,260, 262,275,278,281,283. I still endorse most or all that I have stated in these Posts, and my exposition of the Scriptures mentioned in these Posts.

As well I also posted the chapter titles of the Book on Mormonism that I was reading as the thread was proceeding. The following is a copy of what I wrote::
I decided to read a book in my personal library "Mormonism - A Historical and Scriptural Analysis" by Forrest Brinkerhoff and have completed Section 1:
Introduction pages 5-6
Introduction to Section 1 page 7
Chapter 1: The History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints pages 8-14
Chapter 2: The Prophet in the Mormon Church pages 15-18
Chapter 3: The Witnesses and What They Witnessed To pages 19-20
Chapter 4: Is the Mormon Picture of Joseph Smith Accurate? pages 21-28
Chapter 5: Are Mormon Writings Reliable? pages 29-33
Chapter 6: The Mormon View of the Bible pages 34-35
Chapter 7: Is the Mormon Church the First Century Church Restored? pages 36-39

Section 2 How the Church Obtains and Controls its Membership
Introduction page 40
Chapter 8 Mormonism's Appeal pages 41-43
Chapter 9 The Priesthood in the Church pages 44-52 (includes LDS documents)
Chapter 10 Methods of Control in the Church pages 53-55
Chapter 11 The Five Laws and Their Significance pages 56-58

Section 3 The Beliefs of the Mormons Compared with Bible Teachings
Introduction pages 59-60
Chapter 12 God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit pages 61-65
Chapter 13 God's Purpose with this Creation pages 66-67
Chapter 14 Baptism for the Dead pages 68-69
Chapter 15 The Devil and the Church page 70
Chapter 16 A Summary of the Beliefs of the Mormons pages 71-80
1. God 2. The Holy Trinity 3. The Holy Bible 4. The pre-existence of man 5. Ecclesiastical authority 6. Baptism 7. Virgin birth 8. "Did Christ organize a church while on earth? ...." 9. The Lord's Supper 10 The Atonement of Christ 11. Life after death 12. Vicarious work for the salvation of the dead 13. Status of non-believers in Christ 14. Miracles 15. Satan 16. Heaven and Hell 17. Is Church connection necessary for salvation? 18. Divine revelation 19. Marriage 20. The purpose of life 21. The second coming of Christ 22. The Holy Ghost 23. The resurrection of man 24. The Calling 25. The Ingathering 26. Right to Worship 27. The Law 28. The virtues.

Section 4 Practices of the Mormons
Introduction pages 81-82
Chapter 17 The Reason for Large Families pages 83-84
Chapter 18 The Temples pages 85-88
Chapter 19 Polygamy pages 89-95
Chapter 20 Food and Drink Customs pages 96-97
Chapter 21 Family Home Evenings page 98

Section 5 The Challenge to all Mormons
Introduction pages 99-100
Chapter 22 Appealing to the Mormon Missionary pages 101-109
Chapter 23 Speaking to the Mormons pages 110-111
Chapter 24 Basic points to Cover in Public Addresses to Mormons pages 112-116