IS SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST A CULT

Is the Seventh-day Adventist Church a Cult?
By Robert K. Sanders
Updated January 2, 2009
Definition of a religious cult and fulfilled by Ellen G. White and the SDA Church.
1. A leader or group of leaders, prophet, prophetess, that claims to speak for God.
Fulfillment: Ellen G. White, the Seventh-day Adventist’s prophetess makes the following claims:
We could stop here with the first quote of EGW as she claims to replace Jesus Christ and is now speaking for God. This in itself shows that Adventism is a cult when comparing it with Hebrews 1:1-2.
EGW: "In ancient times God spoke to men by the mouth of prophets and apostles. In these days He speaks to them by the testimonies of His Spirit. There was never a time when God instructed His people more earnestly than He instructs them now concerning His will and the course that He would have them pursue."-- Testimonies, vol. 5, p. 661.
Bible: Heb 1:1 - 2 (NIV) 1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
The term "the testimonies of His Spirit", by Ellen G. White is referring to her own prophetic ministry as recorded in her books and letters, and is understood as such by the SDA denomination. God never told his church that Jesus would be replaced by Charles Taze Russell, Mary Baker Eddy, Joseph Smith or Ellen Gould White or any other prophet or prophetess.
Further EGW claims that God is instructing "his people more earnestly" now than did the prophets, apostles and even Jesus Christ through her testimonies. Heresy!!! Of course in EGW's mind "his people" are the SDA sabbath keeping people that believe that she has the "spirit of prophecy".
EGW: "In these letters which I write, in the testimonies I bear, I am presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me. I do not write one article in the paper expressing merely my own ideas. They are what God has opened before me in vision--the precious rays of light shining from the throne." --Testimonies 5 p. 67.
Do you believe that it is Jesus speaking to his church (SDA denomination) or do you accept the heresy of EGW and her testimonies?
2. What they write and teach their followers, contradicts Bible.
Fulfillment: Read, "Ellen G. White Contradicts the Bible Over 50 time" EGW holds strict authority over its members in respect to, finances, wills, diet, dress, amusement, associations, etc. as taught in her books such as Testimonies to the Church.
3. Many members taking issue with the authority of the leader are excommunicated, (disfellowshipped), shunned, or not allowed to hold office in the church, etc.
Fulfillment: EGW: "When the judgment of the General Conference, which is the highest authority that God has on earth, is exercised private independence and private judgment MUST NOT be maintained, but must be surrendered." Testimonies 3 p. 492.
Look at the SDA pastors that were fired for not believing in some of Ellen G. White’s teachings. Also members who have been put out of office and disfellowshipped for not accepting Ellen G. White as a prophet or her teachings.
4. Cult leaders teach infallibility in their teachings or the writings of their cult leader, in this case Ellen G. White.
Fulfillment: "It is from the standpoint of the light that has come through the Spirit of Prophecy (Mrs. White’s writings) that the question will be considered, believing as we do that the Spirit of Prophecy is the only infallible interpreter of Bible principles, since it is the Christ, through this agency, giving real meaning of his own words." G.A. Irwin, General Conference President, from the tract The Mark of the Beast, p. 1.
On February 7, 1887, the General Conference passed the following resolution -- "That we re-affirm our binding confidence in the Testimonies of Sister White to the Church, as the teaching of the Spirit of God." SDA Year Book for 1914, p. 253
"Our position on the Testimonies is like the key-stone to the arch. Take that out and there is no logical stopping-place till all the special truths of the Message are gone...Nothing is surer than this, that the Message and visions (of Mrs. White) belong together, and stand or fall together." Review and Herald Supplement, August 14, 1883.
5. The cult members believes that they are superior to others because of their unique teachings as they have knowledge of God’s will that other Christians do not have. Because of the false teachings of their prophet or leaders, they consider themselves especially chosen by God, and look at themselves as the "Remnant Church," or "The True Church".
Fulfilled: Ellen G. White and the Seventh-day Adventist Church view themselves as "the Remnant Church" alone especially called by God in 1844, over all other churches, which they called Babylon. The Adventist still considers themselves the Remnant Church. Read, "Seventh-day Adventist Believe 27," Chapter 12, The Remnant and Its Mission, p.153.
Seventh-day Adventist Believe: "One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy, This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White." "Seventh-day Adventist Believe 27," p.216.
Without Ellen G. White and her Bible Contradictions, the Seventh-day Adventist Church could not call itself the Remnant Church. In fact the Word of God never calls any denomination a remnant church.
6. Adventist leaders and their members use the writings of Ellen G. White to interpret the Scriptures. EGW's writings are the final arbitrator of doctrines.
Fulfilled: The Adventist’s claim to hold the Bible above all teachings, but in fact they interpret the Bible by the writings of Ellen G. White. This is demonstrated in their Sabbath school Quarterlies, sermons, and articles in their church paper, "Adventist Review." Her counsel is to be followed as Scripture.
7. They publish their own Bible and insert their own doctrines in the text.
Fulfilled: The Seventh-day Adventist Church publishes The Clear Word Bible. It is a cultic Bible that does not separate the Bible text from the author’s personal commentary, opinions, which slants the text to agree with the writings of Ellen G. White and whatever else to make the text say what he wants it to say. This corrupt piece of work, makes the Word of God unclear to the reader.
Adventist scholar Dr. Sakae Kubo say’s, "I am concerned about how our membership regard and use Blanco’s Clear Word. Behind my remarks is a history of Bibles of this sort that have a terrible bias. The Jehovah’s Witnesses’ New World Translation is an obvious example—the divinity of Christ is removed and His createdness is brought out along with other tendential characteristics. The very obvious and serious danger is that our own people will be confused as to what the Bible really says. Interpretation has been so mixed in with the text that our people will think that the interpretation is part of the Word of God." Adventist Review, April 1995, p.15. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/.../truth_about_sda.htm

Rick Huntling
What is wrong?
1. Butchering babies in the womb for prophet. Thou shall not kill 6th.
2. Calling EGWs interpretation of scripture final then claiming sola scriptoria.
3. The three angel message equal to the Gospel.
4. Allowing a woman to teach to a congregation even in death. 1st Tim. 2: 11, 12.
5. Giving her all authorty usurping a man's. 1st. Tim. 2:12.
6. Salvation by works is an SDA false gospel.
7. Teaching a no confidence salvation.
8. Judging others for day, food, drink and remnant. Col. 2:16, Rom. 14 Mat. 6:25,31.
9. Making JESUS a liar to the thief on the cross with unbibical soul sleep doctrine.
10. Calling other denominations antichrist, corrupted, wrong traditions, wrong interpetations, lost.
11: Teaching an unbibical soul annihilation and no eternal hell fire.
12. Teaching CHRIST didn't enter the Holy place once with HIS own blood for our redemption. Heb.9:12.
13.Teaching the Holy place needed cleansing in 1844.
14. Teaching an unbiblical Investigative Judgement as a gospel.
15. Teaching it is the mark of the beast to worship on Sunday.
16. Teaching a replacement theology with the SDA church replacing Isreal.
17. Claiming EGW's blasphemous writings as Inspired which in using this terminology places it equal to the inspired WORD od GOD. Rev. 22:18.
18. Date setting is disobedience by your church; Mat. 24:36.
19. The work on the cross was insufficient for our salvation.
20. Satan bears our sins and takes them away on his back. Blasphemy.

robycop3

OF COURSE it's a cult. Their big kahoona was a quack & a charlatan, introducing such garbage as "investigative judgment", & "Jesus = Michael" . One of their officials started the false KJVO myth. And they still place EGW,s trash on an equal footing to Scripture.

best we can say about them is that they "have a FORM of godliness, but deny its POWER."

OF COURSE it's a cult. Their big kahoona was a quack & a charlatan, introducing such garbage as "investigative judgment", & "Jesus = Michael" . One of their officials started the false KJVO myth. And they still place EGW,s trash on an equal footing to Scripture.

best we can say about them is that they "have a FORM of godliness, but deny its POWER."
Your right to state your opinion is protected here.

AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Jesus' Omniscience can discern every false piece of information.

AV Ac 24:5 For we have found this man [a] pestilent [fellow], and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:

Jesus was part of a "sect", and so it depends of the body of information you can draw from, to discern a falsehood from truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael

In these last days, it won't really matter if you're in a cult or mainstream Christianity. Your theology or apologetics won't matter at all. Guaranteed.

You take the mark, you're a false Christian. I'm sure many evangelical Christians will take the mark, otherwise, the prophecy would be false about the falling away.

robycop3

AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

AV Ac 24:5 For we have found this man [a] pestilent [fellow], and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:

Jesus was part of a "sect", and so it depends of the body of information you can draw from, to discern a falsehood from truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael
And so is YOUR right. However, the SDA speax for itself in being a cult, placing at least as much stock in the writings of EGW as it does in Scripture.

Reactions: Mik

Buzzard

In these last days, it won't really matter if you're in a cult or mainstream Christianity. Your theology or apologetics won't matter at all. Guaranteed.

You take the mark, you're a false Christian. I'm sure many evangelical Christians will take the mark, otherwise, the prophecy would be false about the falling away.
Radio;
you cannot fall away if you never had the truth in the 1st place,

#2: Scripture speaks of an "Unfaithful" Wife;
a Woman cannot be an Unfaithful Bride nor Wife if she was never married to a husband in the 1st place ??

don't confuse the 2

Is. 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man,
saying,
We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel:
only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

Radio;
you cannot fall away if you never had the truth in the 1st place,

#2: Scripture speaks of an "Unfaithful" Wife;
a Woman cannot be an Unfaithful Bride nor Wife if she was never married to a husband in the 1st place ??

don't confuse the 2

Is. 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man,
saying,
We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel:
only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

It doesn't matter if you have the truth, all truth and nothing but the truth. In the last days, what matters is your choice to take the mark of the beast or not. You take it, the lake of fire is waiting for you. That's game over. It is a very simple choice. Not complicated. No apologetics needed or a Phd in Theology.

The Christian world is now filled with so much falsehood cult and non-cult alike.

And so is YOUR right. However, the SDA speax for itself in being a cult, placing at least as much stock in the writings of EGW as it does in Scripture.
AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

We have a prophecy of a Sunday Law Death Decree, when it becomes fulfilled, it will reveal the largest "the image of the beast" death cult in human history.

From the news, it seems to start as Encyclicals from the Pope, to protect the earth from human abuse in a weekly way. You know the RCC as the source of Sunday sacredness as a counterfeit Sabbath. But using GOD's vengeance authority as punishment for violation of the counterfeit sabbath Sunday.

A case for "Sola scriptura": Are "Encyclicals from the Pope" or other RCC documents above scriptures then ??? Or even above "sanctity of life" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

robycop3

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

We have a prophecy of a Sunday Law Death Decree, when it becomes fulfilled, it will reveal the largest "the image of the beast" death cult in human history.

From the news, it seems to start as Encyclicals from the Pope, to protect the earth from human abuse in a weekly way. You know the RCC as the source of Sunday sacredness as a counterfeit Sabbath. But using GOD's vengeance authority as punishment for violation of the counterfeit sabbath Sunday.

A case for "Sola scriptura": Are "Encyclicals from the Pope" or other RCC documents above scriptures then ??? Or even above "sanctity of life" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
There's NO prophecy of a "Sunday death law" by any ACTUAL prophet ! (EGW was a quack.)

I reminded you folks that one CANNOT wear a Sunday worship on the right hand or forehead.

The marka the beast will be a microchip or something like it that'll hold all its bearer's financial records, & money will be eliminated, so the only way one can legally buy or sell will be to have one's chip scanned. And the chip will hold the amount one is paid, & how much is available.

There's NO prophecy of a "Sunday death law" by any ACTUAL prophet ! (EGW was a quack.)
So it comes true, so what will you do ???

I am sure the people who killed OT Prophets had the same opinion of their prophets.
I reminded you folks that one CANNOT wear a Sunday worship on the right hand or forehead.
So says you, from GOD inspired words.
The marka the beast will be a microchip or something like it that'll hold all its bearer's financial records, & money will be eliminated, so the only way one can legally buy or sell will be to have one's chip scanned. And the chip will hold the amount one is paid, & how much is available.
Just realize, you read that somewhere, and qualifies as a personal opinion.

Yours in Christ, Michael

robycop3

So it comes true, so what will you do ???
What'll YOU do if it DOESN'T ? What I WON'T do is accept an implanted microchip except for medical purposes such as operating a heart pacemaker or regulating my blood sugar if I were to become a diabetic.
I am sure the people who killed OT Prophets had the same opinion of their prophets.
Especially if they were FALSE prophets. A TRUE prophet of GOD'S bats 1.000 with his/her prophecies, while EGW missed the bus several times.
So says you, from GOD inspired words.
Yep, STRICTLY from God's word. He said the followers of the beast/antichrist would receive a mark on their right hands or foreheads, & no one will be able to buy or sell without it.
Just realize, you read that somewhere, and qualifies as a personal opinion.

Yours in Christ, Michael
So, what part of "No one will be able to buy or sell without it" don't you understand ?

So, what part of "No one will be able to buy or sell without it" don't you understand ?
I understand that a cashless system is coming to the US, at least. How that will be implemented, is still up for grabs. Though, I heard the facial recognition system is gaining ground. Like pay with your face system.

In that system, what ever it is, will have Sunday based indicator for permission to use the system. No Sunday indicator sponsor, No buy and/or No sell to others on that system. Thank GOD for people who will barter(It's cashless :cool:), at that time.

You know enough to recognize that system when it comes. Let's say, It is a chip, to make purchases or sell, you choose to group yourself with those, who do not take it, based on a faith reason.

AV Mt 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure{G2344 thesauros} is, there will your heart be also.

You are with us, Right ???

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

There is still time left til the out pouring of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. Then everyone will have a chance to follow the Holy Spirit or not.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

iniquities.

There is still time left til the out pouring of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. Then everyone will have a chance to follow the Holy Spirit or not.

Yours in Christ, Michael

No Michael; the "Latter Rain" only falls upon the chosen;

Proverbs 25:13
As the cold of snow in the time of harvest,
so is a faithful messenger to them that send him:
for he refresheth the soul of his masters.

14 Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.

Jude 1:12
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you,
feeding themselves without fear:
clouds they are without water, carried about of winds;
trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit,
twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Job 38:22
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?
or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
23 Which I have reserved against the time of trouble,
against the day of battle and war?

24 By what way is the light parted,
which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

robycop3

I understand that a cashless system is coming to the US, at least. How that will be implemented, is still up for grabs. Though, I heard the facial recognition system is gaining ground. Like pay with your face system.

In that system, what ever it is, will have Sunday based indicator for permission to use the system. No Sunday indicator sponsor, No buy and/or No sell to others on that system. Thank GOD for people who will barter(It's cashless :cool:), at that time.

You know enough to recognize that system when it comes. Let's say, It is a chip, to make purchases or sell, you choose to group yourself with those, who do not take it, based on a faith reason.

AV Mt 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure{G2344 thesauros} is, there will your heart be also.

You are with us, Right ???

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Yours in Christ, Michael
I'm age 72. When I was a child, Sunday "blue laws" were everywhere in the US & very few non-essential businesses were open; it was illegal to do so. And those laws were in force in many other nations also.

Now, the blue laws have gone the way of the dodo, & they won't be brought back. But one would be wise to not accept any chip implant not strictly for medical purposes.

No Michael; the "Latter Rain" only falls upon the chosen;
Literal understanding, does the literal latter rain fall only on the good crops or every plant ???

AV 1C 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

In order to "defile the temple of God", they will wander away GOD's Spirit of Truth, for "him shall God destroy".

AV Ro 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Is GOD so unfair, to deny "every man the measure of faith" for the Holy Spirit to work with ???

AV Mt 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come.

Jesus' version.

AV Re 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Life is full of choices, we who rise in the first general resurrection and translated, will all review GOD's evidence for GOD's decisions for the lost in the second general resurrection.

I believe GOD is a lot more fair and loving than some give GOD credit for.

Yours in Christ, Michael

I'm age 72. When I was a child, Sunday "blue laws" were everywhere in the US & very few non-essential businesses were open; it was illegal to do so. And those laws were in force in many other nations also.
Now, the blue laws have gone the way of the dodo, & they won't be brought back. But one would be wise to not accept any chip implant not strictly for medical purposes.
I hope you live long enough to realize your error in the mark of the beast.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Job 38:22
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?
or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
23 Which I have reserved against the time of trouble,
against the day of battle and war?

24 By what way is the light parted,
which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

and the East Wind will bring this

Is.66:4
I also will choose their delusions,
and will bring their fears upon them;
because when I called, none did answer;
when I spake, they did not hear:
but they did evil before mine eyes,
and chose that in which I delighted not.

2Thes.2:10
because they received not the love of the truth,
that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
that they should believe a lie:

Beloved Daughter

best we can say about them is that they "have a FORM of godliness, but deny its POWER

Absolutely, it's a cult. It also demonstrates some KJVO thinking going on.