IS SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST A CULT

robycop3

AV 2Pt 3:8-9 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I can see you using your scale of "slackness".

Please Cut-N-paste from "(Early Writings, p.57)", that will support your conclusion please.

I do not see any dates quoted from her writings, either.

AV 2C 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Okay, Why does GOD use weak people then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
For some reason, the SDA sites I scope don't include P. 57 & several others when quoting her Early Writings. I'll say they're trying to cover up the fact she was a quack, & don't wanna admit it themselves.

And God can use anyone for anything. He used pagans to punish Israel & to punish other pagans.

robycop3

AV Mt 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

In your opinion, was "Jonas"/Jonah a reliable prophet of GOD ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Of course he was. And his prophecy to Nineveh woulda come to pass had they not repented.

The story of Jonah is a summary, leaving out many obvious details. He obviously said more to the Assyrians than "within 40 days shall Nineveh be destroyed." He likely added"unless you repent of rejecting the TRUE God, & worship Him." Otherwise, they woulda thought he was a madman & ignored him.

Also, Israeli prophets wore distinctive clothes, which were not unknown to the Assyrians. And the Assyrians weren't stupid; they knew about how God looked after Israel, even they'd conquered the 10 tribes.

We have more Assyrian writings than we have from any other ancient civilization. A labyrinth was discovered in the buried ruins of Nineveh that contained thousands of clay writing tablets.

For some reason, the SDA sites I scope don't include P. 57 & several others when quoting her Early Writings. I'll say they're trying to cover up the fact she was a quack, & don't wanna admit it themselves.
AV Jb 38:1-2 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who [is] this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

A Cut-N-Paste Apologist ASSUMES the material they are copying from, is authentic truth in facts.

You do know that GOD's Omniscience is perfect in Truth, and can discern EVERY piece of false witness.
Mrs. White prophesied the world would end in 1843, 1844, 1845 and 1851 : "Now time is almost finished, (1851) and what we have been 6 years in learning they will have to learn in months." (Early Writings, p.57).
"Now time is almost finished, (1851) and what we have been 6 years in learning they will have to learn in months.", This quote is found on page 67.2 in Early Writings. And is NOT completely quoted from that Page.

Now that we have established, you can copy information in error. Can we examine the assumptions, you use for your opinions now ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Of course he was. And his prophecy to Nineveh woulda come to pass had they not repented.
AV Lk 9:54-56 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them]. And they went to another village.

Can the same be said of EGW visions/prophecy, when people repent ???

It's the same GOD from OT to NT, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

The video done at the Master's Seminary is more than sufficient. It's akin to Mormonism, and JW's.
From James R. White
I found the time to review the evidence in the video.

AV Re 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

His main point was possessive of "day" singular, in G2960 kuriakos, as a second hand witness.

My counterpoint is:
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Here are GOD's DIRECT WORDS OF POSSESSION "my holy day", in context to "the sabbath", with NO assumptions.

GOD got Their words right as a primary witness, Right ???

So do you believe GOD gave up Their possession of "my holy day" singular ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

robycop3

AV Jb 38:1-2 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who [is] this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

A Cut-N-Paste Apologist ASSUMES the material they are copying from, is authentic truth in facts.

You do know that GOD's Omniscience is perfect in Truth, and can discern EVERY piece of false witness.

"Now time is almost finished, (1851) and what we have been 6 years in learning they will have to learn in months.", This quote is found on page 67.2 in Early Writings. And is NOT completely quoted from that Page.

Now that we have established, you can copy information in error. Can we examine the assumptions, you use for your opinions now ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
There are many sources that quote from EGW's stuff. But the SDA sites deliberately leave out the stuff y'all are embarrassed about.

robycop3

AV Lk 9:54-56 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them]. And they went to another village.

Can the same be said of EGW visions/prophecy, when people repent ???

It's the same GOD from OT to NT, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
But mosta EGW's stuff is NOT found in Scripture.

But mosta EGW's stuff is NOT found in Scripture.
AV Ju 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

It's easy to accuse anyone, it is bit harder to prove it. Just remember, refraining from accusing is a quality of heavenly beings.

Pick One !!! Let's us discuss it from scriptures.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Beloved Daughter

AV Ju 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

It's easy to accuse anyone, it is bit harder to prove it. Just remember, refraining from accusing is a quality of heavenly beings.

Pick One !!! Let's us discuss it from scriptures.

Yours in Christ, Michael

A response from Matt Slick discussing the SDA and the heretical Clear Word Bible.

Buzzard

EASY ! !

Mrs. White prophesied the world would end in 1843, 1844, 1845 and 1851 :
Ellen Gould White (née Ellen Gould Harmon;
November 26, 1827 – July 16, 1915)

william miller taught his 1st sermom in 1832 or so

lets see; Ellen was a 5 year old girl, living miles away from millers meetings
didn't even know of miller until like 1842 or so
but somehow these :devilish: anti - SDA -Slander :devilish:sites say without a doubt
Ellen put together his charts and message,
a 5 year old girl mind you;

Someone should inform these these anti - SDA -Slander sites
"Thou shall not bear false witness"
even if it is about those you consider the enemy
in fact that makes false and misleading statements against those
even a more grievous transgression;
7 x 7 x 70 till they have paid the uttermost farthing
well, could be you go to the wrong sites
#2;
Miller never said Christ would come back in 1843 or 1844
his message was
"The Sanctuary shall be Cleansed"
Thats not some Brick and Mortar building somewhere

Miller was a Baptist, and as his message began to catch on
a bunch of other men; mostly "Baptist" added their voices to the confusion
claiming that this was the 2nd coming, and the Earth would be cleansed,
ect. ect. ect

Ya Know the type; like the Hal Lindsey's of the church
and all their garbage about 1948

a bunch of other men; mostly "Baptist" added their voices to the confusion
as these other men chimed in, the message got mixed up
from Cleansing of the Sanctuary --too--> 2nd coming

Michael

how about quoting the entire page or maybe 3-4 pages from the original where she wrote such;
please don't give us someone's "Compilation" of what they "Think" she said
I want it from the Original, not some Johnny come lately's opinion
or from some anti - SDA -Slander sites

Last edited:
Preamble:
AV Mt 25:40-41 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me. 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

It is salvific to the people in the end of time, to recognize Jesus.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

And recognize Jesus in scriptures and in others, by their works/"walk" with GOD.

AV Jn 14:11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

AV Jn 16:7-12 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Some will see, and some will not, but heed Jesus' warning.
A response from Matt Slick discussing the SDA and the heretical Clear Word Bible.
This paraphrase is by one person, who does not claim divine inspiration for the paraphrase. And fits the understanding of a paraphrase to it's author(s). To me that is a non-issue, because of other paraphrase translations done by those outside of their respective authority sources. I personally do not use "The Clear Word" paraphrase.

Now, we have a topic to discuss. Is Jesus and Michael the ArchAngel one and the same person under different names and/or titles.

AV 1Pt 3:15-17 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer{G627 apologia} to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16 . Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 17 For [it is] better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Is believing, "Jesus and Michael the ArchAngel one and the same person under different names and/or titles" a heresy ??? If so, Please list your scripture sources ???

Are you ready to engage this topic for apologetics then ???

Where would you like to discuss this at, because there is another thread of this topic in this forum, which we would review evidence from over there ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Michael

how about quoting the entire page ...
Sure ...
Early Writings excerpt from page 67.1 thru 67.2 said:
Heaven will be cheap enough, if we obtain it through suffering. We must deny self all along the way, die to self daily, let Jesus alone appear, and keep His glory continually in view. I saw that those who of late have embraced the truth would have to know what it is to suffer for Christ's sake, that they would have trials to pass through that would be keen and cutting, in order that they may be purified and fitted through suffering to receive the seal of the living God, pass through the time of trouble, see the King in His beauty, and dwell in the presence of God and of pure, holy angels. {EW 67.1}

As I saw what we must be in order to inherit glory, and then saw how much Jesus had suffered to obtain for us so rich an inheritance, I prayed that we might be baptized into Christ's sufferings, that we might not shrink at trials, but bear them with patience and joy, knowing what Jesus had suffered that we through His poverty and sufferings might be made rich. Said the angel, “Deny self; ye must step fast.” Some of us have had time to get the truth and to advance step by step, and every step we have taken has given us strength to take the next. But now time is almost finished, and what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months. They will also have much to unlearn and much to learn again. Those who would not receive the mark of the beast and his image when the decree goes forth, must have decision now to say, Nay, we will not regard the institution of the beast. {EW 67.2} {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
how about quoting the entire page or maybe 3-4 pages from the original where she wrote such;
https://m.egwwritings.org/en/book/28.433 <<< Click here to read Early Writings, this link will take us to the page in question.

Yours in Christ, Michael

robycop3

Preamble:
AV Mt 25:40-41 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me. 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

It is salvific to the people in the end of time, to recognize Jesus.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

And recognize Jesus in scriptures and in others, by their works/"walk" with GOD.

AV Jn 14:11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

AV Jn 16:7-12 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Some will see, and some will not, but heed Jesus' warning.

This paraphrase is by one person, who does not claim divine inspiration for the paraphrase. And fits the understanding of a paraphrase to it's author(s). To me that is a non-issue, because of other paraphrase translations done by those outside of their respective authority sources. I personally do not use "The Clear Word" paraphrase.

Now, we have a topic to discuss. Is Jesus and Michael the ArchAngel one and the same person under different names and/or titles.

AV 1Pt 3:15-17 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer{G627 apologia} to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16 . Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 17 For [it is] better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Is believing, "Jesus and Michael the ArchAngel one and the same person under different names and/or titles" a heresy ??? If so, Please list your scripture sources ???

Are you ready to engage this topic for apologetics then ???

Where would you like to discuss this at, because there is another thread of this topic in this forum, which we would review evidence from over there ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
No, Michael is not Jesus. That's already been discussed in another thread.

robycop3

[/QUOTE]
I'm not gonna waste money buying her garbage. But I found s'more quotes that anyone who has her stuff can look up for themselves :

“I was shown the company present at the Conference, Said the angel: ‘Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus’”
(Testimonies 1, p. 131-132, May 27, 1856).

“Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming”
(Early Writings, p. 15).

One of her worst, most-blasphemous teachings was:
The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty”
(Letter 32, 1899, quoted in the Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 5, p. 1129).

The false doctrine of "investigative judgment' comes from :
“Jesus entered the most holy of the heavenly (sanctuary), at the end of the 2300 days of Daniel 8, in 1844, to make a final atonement for all who could be benefited by His mediation”
(Early Writings, p. 253).

Now, there are many more failed prophecies & false doctrines from her pen. And it's indeed strange that P. 57 of her Early Writings can't be found on any SDA site. I Googled it & it's simply not there ! S T R A N G E !

Now, for anyone wanting to see the full pages of the quotes I posted above, & in other posts, please go to your own libraries, or shell out the $$ for her trash. Then, feel free to post anything from her writings that counters the allegations of false prophecies & doctrines posted here.

And you can't disprove the accuracy of mosta the "SDA slander sites" as you call them. If they really WERE slander, why hasn't the SDA sued them ?????????????????????

I'll telly why: the perfect defense for an accusation of slander or libel is that the allegations against the supposedly-slandered or libeled party are TRUE !

And while you're at it, you mighe wanna check-n-see if she copied most of The Great Controversy in 1886 from J. A. Wylie's History Of Protestantism (1876)

I'm not gonna waste money buying her garbage. But I found s'more quotes that anyone who has her stuff can look up for themselves :
(Testimonies 1, p. 131-132, May 27, 1856).
(Early Writings, p. 15).
One of her worst, most-blasphemous teachings was:
(Letter 32, 1899, quoted in the Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 5, p. 1129).
The false doctrine of "investigative judgment' comes from :
(Early Writings, p. 253).
Now, there are many more failed prophecies & false doctrines from her pen. And it's indeed strange that P. 57 of her Early Writings can't be found on any SDA site. I Googled it & it's simply not there ! S T R A N G E !
Now, for anyone wanting to see the full pages of the quotes I posted above, & in other posts, please go to your own libraries, or shell out the $$ for her trash. Then, feel free to post anything from her writings that counters the allegations of false prophecies & doctrines posted here.
And you can't disprove the accuracy of mosta the "SDA slander sites" as you call them. If they really WERE slander, why hasn't the SDA sued them ?????????????????????
I'll telly why: the perfect defense for an accusation of slander or libel is that the allegations against the supposedly-slandered or libeled party are TRUE !
And while you're at it, you mighe wanna check-n-see if she copied most of The Great Controversy in 1886 from J. A. Wylie's History Of Protestantism (1876)
Why not just list Cut-N-Paste references ???

I have no doubt you believe what you read. So they are not really your opinions, but the opinions of others.

AV Mt 24:24-25 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

In my opinion, when a person believes a lie, it is still a lie in ignorance of the Omniscient Truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael

No, Michael is not Jesus. That's already been discussed in another thread.
AV Mt 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Is it lie, to not believe the Truth ???

AV 1Pt 3:16-17 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 17 For [it is] better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Coming true, soon enough.

Yours in Christ, Michael

robycop3

Why not just list Cut-N-Paste references ???

I have no doubt you believe what you read. So they are not really your opinions, but the opinions of others.

AV Mt 24:24-25 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

In my opinion, when a person believes a lie, it is still a lie in ignorance of the Omniscient Truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Please heed your last sentence you wrote above !

EGW wrote many lies. I've read some of her stuff myself, from boox, not web pages. It's largely horse feathers.

Please heed your last sentence you wrote above !
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

These are GOD's Words, and they have not changed, but many have wandered away from the Truth of those words.
EGW wrote many lies.
AV Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

To one degree or another, this is true of everyone. It's GOD Omniscience, we should pay close attention to.
I've read some of her stuff myself, from boox, not web pages. It's largely horse feathers.
So you know about "horse feathers" ???

Do you know why OT prophet's got killed, by the people GOD's messages were for ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

robycop3

These are GOD's Words, and they have not changed, but many have wandered away from the Truth of those words.
[/QUOTE]
Isaiah was writing to the Israelis of the Old Testament.
AV Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
To one degree or another, this is true of everyone. It's GOD Omniscience, we should pay close attention to.
Yes, but some have sinned more, and more deliberately than others.
So you know about "horse feathers" ???

Do you know why OT prophet's got killed, by the people GOD's messages were for ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
[/QUOTE]
They were killed cuz the Israelis didn't believe them, & because they were stung by the truth.

But those men had a 1.000 batting average, while EGW fell far-shorta that mark. She was a quack.