Is sin an enticing reason to be an atheist rather than a Christian?

Here:

Matthew 17:22-23
22When they gathered together in Galilee, Jesus told them, “The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men. 23They will kill Him, and on the third day He will be raised to life.”

Are you able to explain this away?
Where is here? I know where He is, Jesus was very clear in Luke17:20-21, The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you, or is supposed to be within you.

Can you explain that away?

Last edited:
Yes.

1 Peter 1:8
8Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with an inexpressible and glorious joy
But when you do see Him as He really is, ye shall be like Him, 1 John 3. I dont think that you have seen him or you would be like Him as Jesus became like Him when he saw Him as He is in Matt 3:16.

Where is here? I know where He is, Jesus was very clear in Luke17:20-21, The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you, or is supposed to be within you.

Can you explain that away?
The kingdom is in the hearts and minds of men at this time. We will enter completely and physically into the kingdom of God at the end of the age.

Where is here?
Mathew 17:22-23

That is where it says Jesus is not dead and is risen from the dead.

22When they gathered together in Galilee, Jesus told them, “The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men. 23They will kill Him, and on the third day He will be raised to life.”

But when you do see Him as He really is, ye shall be like Him, 1 John 3. I dont think that you have seen him or you would be like Him as Jesus became like Him when he saw Him as He is in Matt 3:16.
How do you know I'm not like Jesus?
You presume to know that which you have no way of knowing.

Many Christians accuse atheists of seeking the pleasure of sin rather than bow to a holy God and repent. This accusation raises a lot of questions. If atheists are seeking pleasure, then wouldn't they choose God? I understand that God is the ultimate pleasure--better than sex, even. Moreover, the accusation seems to imply that many Christians see sin as more pleasurable than God. And what's wrong with seeking pleasure? Doesn't God want us to live with pleasures? Is it just coincidence that sin is so often pleasure, or are they one and the same?
The premise you offer as some Christians would also though wrongly advocate, is an unfortunate misunderstanding of the gospel being asserted. This distortion despite anyone's rhetoric to the contrary never saved anyone. I think your OP does a fair job in highlighting this as failed evangelism tactic.
That said, where this tactic might be useful is for someone who has already heard the gospel and is continuing in their rebellion. The idea that you believe God because your life gets better misses the gospel, but may or may not legitimately flow downhill from there. Some people believe and their misery continues or gets worse for example, maybe for a season or indefinitely or any othernumber of outcomes. No such promises are attached as a reward to having faith. Faith saves and justifies in that there exist the promise of redemption and resurrection unto eternal life. There is also a conforming to that of a holy God, but your life getting all better or whatever the take may be misses the gospel.

Last edited:
The kingdom is in the hearts and minds of men at this time. We will enter completely and physically into the kingdom of God at the end of the age.
Then you do not Believe Jesus at all, even accusing him of lying when he said it does not come with observation as you are seeking a physical kingdom.

Mathew 17:22-23

That is where it says Jesus is not dead and is risen from the dead.

22When they gathered together in Galilee, Jesus told them, “The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men.
He is delivered into our hands, your hands and my hands, to do what we will with him. As for me, I am delivered into his hands to do with me what he will, he id delivered into your hands but you dictate to him your own will.
23They will kill Him, and on the third day He will be raised to life.”
And you have killed him, and he went on to say.

24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

You dont understand what he was trying to tell Peter do you?

Your arguments are the one's that do not stand the test of scripture.
And you are the one who does not understand the message that comes by Spirit and is not written on stone nor on a page of paper. The scriptures can easily be misinterpreted but when God Himself speaks scripture is fulfilled, it did its job by the tutorial that it is to lead you to God Himself.

You just deny to hear from God yourself, you rather listen to mans interpretation of the Bible from their own perspective is all.

You are exactly as these in Exodus 20:19: And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

All that I can do is give thoughts over to God, then He will make intercession for me.

He is delivered into our hands, your hands and my hands, to do what we will with him. As for me, I am delivered into his hands to do with me what he will, he id delivered into your hands but you dictate to him your own will.

And you have killed him, and he went on to say.

24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

You dont understand what he was trying to tell Peter do you?
Jesus is not dead. He is risen from the dead. This is plainly taught in the gospels. Your theology is a lie.

In this life it does not come with observation.
But once you do see Him as He is, if you ever do, you will be like Him, 1 John 3. Only because you cant see Him doesnt mean others cant, it only means that you cant, but Spirit that God is doesnt come with carnal vision, He come with Spiritual vision. cant see Spirit, it doesn't heave flesh and bone as you see of Jesus.
This is not hard to understand.
It is for you obviously.

Jesus is not dead. He is risen from the dead. This is plainly taught in the gospels. Your theology is a lie.
His spirit is not dead, it is risen from the dead and resides in us all who he is come to by the same Spirit of God who was in him, for his spirit was of God and cannot die, but that mortal man is returned to dust.

Why hasn't a man as a god not returned for 2000 years as you await for another 2000 yeas?

The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you, Luke 17:20-21. Not many Believe Jesus in what he says do they?

How do you know that?
By comparing that what Jesus Said of himself and his God and who you should be like him in his Father who was his God and he could do noting at all without his God who sent him. Here is what he said of himself and his God who did send him to show you the way there.

You dont believe this of Jesus do you?

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Back