Is Spiderman Greater Than God?

Arkycharlie

Ignorant atheists presuming to judge a God in which they don't believe.

"For God has shut up ALL in disobedience, so that He may show MERCY to ALL"! (Romans 11:32)! Everyone in this forum is part of the "all"!!!

treeplanter

So Hitler determined that it was supremely good to assassinate 12 million people?
And stalin determined it was supremely good to assassinate 20+ million people?

And Mao determined it was supremely good to assassinate 80 million people?
You've name-dropped 3 lunatics, but don't seem to understand that for each of the loonies you have identified there are 2 billion + human beings who believe that it is evil to assassinate millions of people...

SteveB

You don't think that creatorship confers moral impunity???

If God being God
{i.e. Supreme Creator, Alpha and Omega, The Great I Am, etc}
isn't what makes Him always right and good and just
then what does???
Nope.
He'd just be another petty tyrant if he was like you need him to be.

He is just and righteous. Holy and true.
Righteousness and Justice are the foundation of his throne.

My trust is in myself
Yep. The practice of fools.

treeplanter

Ignorant atheists presuming to judge a God in which they don't believe.

"For God has shut up ALL in disobedience, so that He may show MERCY to ALL"! (Romans 11:32)! Everyone in this forum is part of the "all"!!!
God gives us over to sin so that He can {in exchange for our faith in Him} then save us?

And you find this reasonable?

treeplanter

He is just and righteous. Holy and true.
Righteousness and Justice are the foundation of his throne.
Sounds like what you are saying is that God is just and righteous and holy and true because He is God

Which is EXACTLY what I said, Steve!

Christians believe that creatorship {Godhood} confers moral impunity - i.e. God is always just and righteous and holy and true no matter what He might do

treeplanter

And since SteveB doesn't condemn God, you just blew up the dumb point you were trying to make in your OP. Congratulations.
You asked:
"Who determines what is good and just?"

I answered:
"We do"

"We" means the human race, stiggy
Me
SteveB
and you as well

SteveB

Sounds like what you are saying is that God is just and righteous and holy and true because He is God
No. He actually IS Righteous, Just, Holy and True.
He already was God. He already IS God, and will ALWAYS BE God.
That is what his name means--- I AM that I AM.

Which is EXACTLY what I said, Steve!
Ironically, you stated it as a derogatory epithet.

Christians believe that creatorship {Godhood} confers moral impunity - i.e. God is always just and righteous and holy and true no matter what He might do
I've never met a Jesus follower who believes that.
As YHVH will always act justly, righteously, and never violate his nature, I'd say that you keep confusing things to fit your vile loathing and biases.

Since you obviously didn't read my first post in the op...

I'm presently reading through Leviticus.
in chapters 19-20, I've noticed that YHVH actually gives them a list of the specific evils to not engage in because that collection of evil activities is why he booted the previous inhabitants out of the land, and commanded they be destroyed.

SteveB

And Ted Bundy and Hitler and Pol Pot and Bill Cosby and OJ and Jack the Ripper too, right?
Don't forget IDI Amin, Saddam Hussein, Vladimir Lenin, Ayatollah Khameni, Ghengis Khan, etc,,,, .... I'm guessing he's thinking these guys are downright saints for destroying hundreds of millions of people throughout history.