Is the Atonement sufficient for all ?

Manfred

You apparently have reading difficulties

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (KJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Hello the hearers are not mentioned as receiving an anointing but Paul is

First you twist the scriptures

then you twist what others say

You just can't stand it that power resides in the gospel the word of God
Another pathetic attempt to say that your faith does not rest in the power of God but in your own power.

You, false teacher, you are the one with reading difficulties.
1 Cor 2:4 does not change the fact that as Paul, filled with the Spirit preached the gospel, that the faith or belief of those who became part of the Church rested in the Power of God and not their own.

You false teacher, you are the one trying to make void the Word of God by deceiving people and telling them that their faith rests in their own power and not in the power of God.

Somehow, you false teacher, you think the power that is the Gospel is not the Holy Spirit that brings Spiritual revelation or it is not Christ revealed in which faith rests.

Please explain how those scriptures or any other teach that your faith rests in your own power or in your own choices, and not in the power of God.

T

TomFL

Another pathetic attempt to say that your faith does not rest in the power of God but in your own power.

You, false teacher, you are the one with reading difficulties.
1 Cor 2:4 does not change the fact that as Paul, filled with the Spirit preached the gospel, that the faith or belief of those who became part of the Church rested in the Power of God and not their own.

You false teacher, you are the one trying to make void the Word of God by deceiving people and telling them that their faith rests in their own power and not in the power of God.

Somehow, you false teacher, you think the power that is the Gospel is not the Holy Spirit that brings Spiritual revelation or it is not Christ revealed in which faith rests.

Please explain how those scriptures or any other teach that your faith rests in your own power or in your own choices, and not in the power of God.
Hey twister

Did you read the verse

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

The demonstration of the spirit and power effected what according to the verse

A) the hearers

b) Paul speech and preaching

Well

How are you going to twist this ?

then you twist what others say and fabricate

rather lacking in integrity

Romans 1:16 (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You deny scripture making the word of God powerless

T

TomFL

I am talking about real life which the Bible is. Noone can entrust themselves to anyone without choosing to do it.
That is not false

How can one perform an act of the will without a choice

Choose definition

decide on a course of action, typically after rejecting alternatives.

How can you embark on a course of action without deciding on that course of action ?

How can you decide on a course of action without choosing that action ?

Theo's has no answer

His claim is not even good Calvinism which affirms mans freely responds (makes a choice) after he is regenerated

Seth is correct - no one can entrust themselves without chosing to do so

Manfred

Hey twister

Did you read the verse

A) the hearers

Well

How are you going to twist this ?

then you twist what others say and fabricate

rather lacking in integrity

Romans 1:16 (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You deny scripture making the word of God powerless
How can you even speculate?

The answer is verse 5 which you false teacher keep ignoring.

Does the faith of those who believe rest in their power?
Does the faith of those who believe rest in the power of God?

We all know what you think, and you claim I am twisting.
You have twisted yourself so far around self you cannot see past self.

I am not the one claiming faith does not rest in the Power of God!
Why do you accuse me of such a stupid thing when I keep saying the power of God (Holy Spirit) is like a two edged sword, that divides the self from the Spirit and that the gospel is Spiritually discerned.

Your accusation of me making the Holy Spirit powerless is beyond ridiculous false teacher.

Here:
I BELIEVE THAT MY FAITH RESTS IN THE POWER OF GOD AND NOT IN MY OWN CHOICES

What do you believe false teacher?
Man up and tell us how your faith does not rest in the power of God but in the power of your choices..... Sheesh, there is something seriously wrong with you.

I challenge you false teacher and accuser to show where I once denied the word of God is powerless when revealed by the Holy Spirit!
Just because you false teacher believe that you are powerful enough to understand the Spiritual without revelation from the Holy Spirit, does not make true what you accuse me of.
You seem to have convinced yourself that the power of God is something else than the Spirit of God/Christ/God the Father and that you it is not the power that opens the mind to understand the scriptures.

Sethproton

How can one perform an act of the will without a choice

Choose definition

decide on a course of action, typically after rejecting alternatives.

How can you embark on a course of action without deciding on that course of action ?

How can you decide on a course of action without choosing that action ?

Theo's has no answer

His claim is not even good Calvinism which affirms mans freely responds (makes a choice) after he is regenerated

Seth is correct - no one can entrust themselves without chosing to do so
And we do see here the absurd lengths people go to trying to justify their doctrine. If only you could get him to trot that idea out to people in the real world and see if anyone would support his idea that you can entrust yourself to someone without choosing to. I suppose he could claim that on;y the initiated can understand the concept

civic

And we do see here the absurd lengths people go to trying to justify their doctrine.
You mean like you do with every passage that declares Jesus is a man, human ?

The above is the epitome of the absurd lengths one must go to justify Jesus is no longer a man. And your problem becomes SALVIFIC.

Nothing in the A/C debate is salvific.

T

TomFL

And we do see here the absurd lengths people go to trying to justify their doctrine. If only you could get him to trot that idea out to people in the real world and see if anyone would support his idea that you can entrust yourself to someone without choosing to. I suppose he could claim that on;y the initiated can understand the concept
It's not rational

Faith requires an act of the will

therefore choice is involved

Sethproton

It's not rational

Faith requires an act of the will

therefore choice is involved
Faith for salvation does require an act of the will to entrust yourself to God
But there is faith in the Bible which is not of the Will. Heb 11 - by faith we understand that God made...
That faith is not an act, it is a gift for us to know God exists But that faith does not save

Sethproton

I love how you expect me to do all YOUR work for you, and you never have to do your OWN work to try to substantiate all your false claims.
How interesting. You say i am wrong, and you want me to tell YOU how I am wrong.
Can I get a witness. Does nobody else see these tactics?

civic

How interesting. You say i am wrong, and you want me to tell YOU how I am wrong.
Yes we all see your tactics . The facts always remain the same with you seth. You cannot find any support to back your claims . You have no proof, no evidence.

You would get thrown out of court and laughed at by the judge just the same as you get laughed at here on this forum since you have no evidence for you claims from any lexicon, theologian , commentary or dictionary .

All you have are your opinions . And we all know what they say about that right .

hope this helps!!!

T

TomFL

Faith for salvation does require an act of the will to entrust yourself to God
But there is faith in the Bible which is not of the Will. Heb 11 - by faith we understand that God made...
That faith is not an act, it is a gift for us to know God exists But that faith does not save
Even that may be suppressed

Romans 1:18-21 (KJV)
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Theo1689

How interesting. You say you are right, and you want ME to prove you're false, when you failed to prove your false claim from Scripture, since you didn't quote the entire verse?

T

TomFL

How can you even speculate?

The answer is verse 5 which you false teacher keep ignoring.

Another false reply

verse 5 is explained by verse 4

which you do not address

A) the hearers

Well

still no answer for multiple times

Hello it was addressed multiple times

You ignored the reply multiple times

when are you going to forthrightly address what was stated

and stop putting false claims in my post

verse 5 is true but your understanding of it is not

for you have ignored the context