Is the Battle of Israel and Gog the next Big event of Bible Prophecy to occur? Why or why not?

Andreas

Ez 38:8-9 "After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”

CrowCross

Is this before or after the rapture of the Church?

Is this before or after...or during the complete destruction of Damascus?

Andreas

Is this before or after the rapture of the Church?

Is this before or after...or during the complete destruction of Damascus?
Ez 39:9 says they will burn the war weapons for 7 years.

You bring up Damascus. What scripture would you be thinking of here?

TrevorL

Greetings Andreas,
Is the Battle of Israel and Gog the next Big event of Bible Prophecy to occur? Why or why not?

Ez 38:8-9 "After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”

I consider this event will be a major event, the most significant end times event, but there could be a number of events leading up to some of the detail depicted in Ezekiel 38. I also consider that there are many other passages that are parallel to Ezekiel 38, such as the Battle of Armageddon in Revelation 16:16, the invasion from the King of the North in Daniel 11:40-45, and the prophecies of Daniel 2:35,44, Joel 3 and Zechariah 14. Some of these give a wider scope and detail to the overall picture. The prophecies of Isaiah 2:1-4 and Micah 4:1-8 depict the aftermath of these events when the Kingdom of God upon the earth will be established when Jesus will reign as King / Priest on the Throne of David in the Temple at Jerusalem for the 1000 years.

Kind regards
Trevor

leonard03782

Ez 39:9 says they will burn the war weapons for 7 years.

You bring up Damascus. What scripture would you be thinking of here?
This is true. However, Ezekiel does not make a distinction between those Israelites that believe in God and those who do not. Strictly speaking, those Jews that take the mark of the beast could still be in Israel and continue burning the weapons from the war of gog and magog.

Keraz

It is clear that the Gog/Magog attack as described in Ezekiel 38 and 39, is not the next prophesied event.
It show the Israelites living in peace and safety, quite unprotected and without any defenses. This rules out the modern Jewish State of Israel.

Who those inhabitants of all the holy Land are, is told to us in many prophesies. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Psalms 107, +
They will be all the faithful Christians, as Paul makes clear in Romans 9:24-26, Galatians 3:2-29

The next prophesied event, the Sixth Seal, which will strike unexpectedly and will virtually depopulate all the Middle East region, which will clear the way for God's people to occupy His holy Land. Zephaniah 1:1-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Romans 9:27

Arkycharlie

Is the Battle of Israel and Gog the next Big event of Bible Prophecy to occur? Why or why not?​

Absolutely not. So tell me, would you agree that the massive invasion described in Joel is another account of Gog Magog? And then tell me if Ezekiel 38-39 and Revelation 20 are describing the same event, which occurs at the end of the MK?

leonard03782

Is the Battle of Israel and Gog the next Big event of Bible Prophecy to occur? Why or why not?​

Absolutely not. So tell me, would you agree that the massive invasion described in Joel is another account of Gog Magog? And then tell me if Ezekiel 38-39 and Revelation 20 are describing the same event, which occurs at the end of the MK?
It is a toss up as to which will come first; the Rapture or the Gog/Magog invasion of Israel. Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20 are not the same event.

Andreas

It is clear that the Gog/Magog attack as described in Ezekiel 38 and 39, is not the next prophesied event.
It show the Israelites living in peace and safety, quite unprotected and without any defenses. This rules out the modern Jewish State of Israel.

Who those inhabitants of all the holy Land are, is told to us in many prophesies. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Psalms 107, +
They will be all the faithful Christians, as Paul makes clear in Romans 9:24-26, Galatians 3:2-29

The next prophesied event, the Sixth Seal, which will strike unexpectedly and will virtually depopulate all the Middle East region, which will clear the way for God's people to occupy His holy Land. Zephaniah 1:1-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Romans 9:27

I want to understand the phrase "unwalled villages" from a Biblical context. I'm not sure it means "without any defenses". Do security fences in various areas in Israel constitute a wall in the Biblical sense? The big stone walls surrounding Jerusalem and the towns don't seem to be a thing anymore. Israelites generally are safe and prosperous. A lot safer than Chicago or NYC. I just don't know enough about the Biblical meaning of "unwalled", nor have I been to Israel to see the security structures. Just know things from pictures. I'm thinking that an OT prophet seeing modern Israel, may say, "what happened to the walls? It is a good question though as to whether all the security structures are considered "walls" around villages. These security structures and fences seem to not surround villages or Jerusalem as in the old days but are more scattered in strategic areas.

Arkycharlie

I want to understand the phrase "unwalled villages" from a Biblical context. I'm not sure it means "without any defenses". Do security fences in various areas in Israel constitute a wall in the Biblical sense? The big stone walls surrounding Jerusalem and the towns don't seem to be a thing anymore. Israelites generally are safe and prosperous. A lot safer than Chicago or NYC. I just don't know enough about the Biblical meaning of "unwalled", nor have I been to Israel to see the security structures. Just know things from pictures. I'm thinking that an OT prophet seeing modern Israel, may say, "what happened to the walls? It is a good question though as to whether all the security structures are considered "walls" around villages. These security structures and fences seem to not surround villages or Jerusalem as in the old days but are more scattered in strategic areas.

Ezekiel 38:
‘Thus says the Lord God: “On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: 11 You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’

I commend you for looking for Biblical answers pertaining to Ezekiel 38-39. I have been to Israel and I assure you that it has walls, gates, and bars as shown in the attached pictures that I took there in March of 2008. Interestingly, the Hebrew word translated “villages” in the passage above is found only 3 times in the OT. The other 2 passages are quoted below:

Esther 9:19
Therefore the Jews of the villages who dwelt in the unwalled towns celebrated the fourteenth day of the month of Adar with gladness and feasting, as a holiday, and for sending presents to one another.​
Zechariah 2:
1 And I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand!​
2 Then I said, “Where are you going?” And he said to me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its width and what is its length.”​
3 And behold, the angel who talked with me came forward, and another angel came forward to meet him​
4 and said to him, “Run, say to that young man, ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited as villages without walls, because of the multitude of people and livestock in it.​
5 And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst.’”​

Obviously, the Zechariah passage is in reference to the Millennial Kingdom. And recall that Revelation 20 places the Gog Magog invasion at the end of the MK, which is supported by numerous statements in Ezekiel 38-39 as well as the book of Joel. And I am fully prepared to defend these assertions!

Attachments

• unwalled 1.jpg
    unwalled 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2
  • unwalled 2.jpg
    unwalled 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1
  • unwalled 3.jpg
    unwalled 3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2
  • unwalled 4.jpg
    unwalled 4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2

Andreas

I commend you for looking for Biblical answers pertaining to Ezekiel 38-39. I have been to Israel and I assure you that it has walls, gates, and bars as shown in the attached pictures that I took there in March of 2008. Interestingly, the Hebrew word translated “villages” in the passage above is found only 3 times in the OT. The other 2 passages are quoted below:

Esther 9:19
Therefore the Jews of the villages who dwelt in the unwalled towns celebrated the fourteenth day of the month of Adar with gladness and feasting, as a holiday, and for sending presents to one another.​
Zechariah 2:
1 And I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand!​
2 Then I said, “Where are you going?” And he said to me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its width and what is its length.”​
3 And behold, the angel who talked with me came forward, and another angel came forward to meet him​
4 and said to him, “Run, say to that young man, ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited as villages without walls, because of the multitude of people and livestock in it.​
5 And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst.’”​

Obviously, the Zechariah passage is in reference to the Millennial Kingdom. And recall that Revelation 20 places the Gog Magog invasion at the end of the MK, which is supported by numerous statements in Ezekiel 38-39 as well as the book of Joel. And I am fully prepared to defend these assertions!
Are these walls you're showing like this in all the towns and cities of Israel, or just in some strategic border areas?

Keraz

Ezekiel 38:10 is a plainly stated prophecy. The people who will be living in the holy Land when Gog attacks, will not have any defenses.
The reason for that is; they will trust in the Lord for their protection.

This proves that the current inhabitants of all the holy Land, will be gone. As Jeremiah 12:14, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Isaiah 22:1-14, Romans 9:27, + say.
The new citizens of the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, will be every faithful Christian person. Romans 9:24-26, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35, +
How we will get there is graphically described in Psalms 107 and Isaiah 66:18b-21

More information at; logostelos.info

Andreas

Ezekiel 38:10 is a plainly stated prophecy. The people who will be living in the holy Land when Gog attacks, will not have any defenses.

This proves that the current inhabitants of all the holy Land, will be gone. As Jeremiah 12:14, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Isaiah 22:1-14, Romans 9:27, + say.
The new citizens of the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, will be every faithful Christian person. Romans 9:24-26, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35, +
How we will get there is graphically described in Psalms 107 and Isaiah 66:18b-21

Israel's trusting in the Lord doesn't look like that was happening pre-Gog battle. See Ezekiel 39:26 "they will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me".

Truth7t7

Jerusalem is taken over by Christians, they are tele transported via Keraz Sci-Fi beam me up scotty, chapter 12 logostelos we are off to see the wizard

Keraz

Israel's trusting in the Lord doesn't look like that was happening pre-Gog battle. See Ezekiel 39:26 "they will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me".
The people there are not the current citizens of Israel. Many prophesies say how we Christians will go to live in all of the holy Land, soon after the Lord has cleared and cleansed it. As Joel 2:18-29 says. Note; verse 20 refers to the Gog attack.

T 7t7, if you read your Bible- Psalms 107 and Isaiah 66:18b-21, you would know how the Lord's faithful people will travel to the holy Land.

Keraz

The next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal -

Obadiah 1:15-21 The Day of the Lord is at hand for all the nations, they will be treated as they have treated others and their wrong actions will recoil upon themselves. My people will drink the wine of God’s wrath, then all the nations in turn will drink of it and be devastated by it. But in Jerusalem there will be a holy remnant, the Lord’s people will be like a flame while the House of Esau will be burnt up with no survivors. My [Christian] people will possess all of the holy Land that was given to Abraham and those in Jerusalem who lead My people will control the lands of the Edomites, but the Kingdom belongs to the Lord.

Isaiah 28:21-22 The Lord will arise as He did at Mt Perazim and in the valley of Gibeon, and storm with rage to do what He must do, to perform His task – a strange and alien deed. But now, have done with all arrogance and pride or the Lord will increase His punishment, for destruction is decreed over the whole Land. Jeremiah 10:18

Isaiah 26:10-11 Lord: Your hand is lifted high and Your enemies can’t see Your good will toward Your people. [Let them see and be ashamed.] Let the fire reserved for Your enemies consume them. The wicked are destroyed, they have never learnt justice, they are corrupt and blinded to Your Majesty and power.

Micah 4:11-12 Now, many nations are massed against Israel, they say: Let Zion suffer outrage, we will gloat over their demise. They are unaware of the Lord’s plans, for His purpose is to gather them like sheaves to the threshing floor.

Nahum 1:5 The earth quakes before the Lord, the world and all who live in it are in tumult. Who can stand before His wrath? Who can resist the fury of His anger, poured out as fire?

The Lord will arise and storm with rage, as He did in ancient times’. Jeremiah 30:23-24

His task, strange and alien’. We know God as a God of love, but also of justice and it is just to punish those who do not obey Him and who attack His Land. Isaiah 34:5

destruction is decreed’. The entire Middle East will be burnt and devastated. Ezekiel 30:3-5, Isaiah 17:1, Amos 1:3-15

‘fire reserved for the Lord’s enemies will consume them, His anger poured out as fire’. A massive sunstrike CME will fulfill all these prophesied effects. Deut. 32:22, Isaiah 66:15-16, Malachi 4:1

‘My people will drink the wine of God’s wrath’. This will be the third ‘swing of the sword’ Ezekiel 21:14, the final judgement/punishment of the Jewish people. Jeremiah 2:9, Eze.24:14

‘now, many nations are massed against Israel’. This perfectly describes the situation today and they want to ‘gloat over her demise’. Psalm 83:1-18

‘The House of Esau, burnt up – no survivors’. Those attacking Israel will be totally wiped out. Zephaniah 3:8, Zephaniah 2:4-5

‘those who lead My people’. Another proof that all this will happen before the Return of Jesus. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11

Arkycharlie

Are these walls you're showing like this in all the towns and cities of Israel, or just in some strategic border areas?
‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’
You're not seeing the forest for the trees. To begin with, Israel today is not a land of "villages"! It is a land of cities, large and small. During the MK, it will become "a land of unwalled villages". Carefully READ Ezekiel 38 and 39! Then ask yourself, is there ANY language in those chapters that is best understood in a modern context as opposed to Israel during the MK? And the answer is a resounding NO! I consider Gog-Magog as among the most thoroughly misunderstood prophecies in Scripture. Gog-Magog is the Day of the LORD!

Andreas

You're not seeing the forest for the trees. To begin with, Israel today is not a land of "villages"! It is a land of cities, large and small. During the MK, it will become "a land of unwalled villages". Carefully READ Ezekiel 38 and 39! Then ask yourself, is there ANY language in those chapters that is best understood in a modern context as opposed to Israel during the MK? And the answer is a resounding NO! I consider Gog-Magog as among the most thoroughly misunderstood prophecies in Scripture. Gog-Magog is the Day of the LORD!

Modern context, well yes, Ezekiel 38:8 After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them. 9You will advance, coming on like a storm. You will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your hordes, and many peoples with you.

This has been fulfilled in our day in a remarkable manner. The Gog battle in Revelation at the end of the 1000 years doesn't seem to match. Most people in Israel don't live behind city walls (ie Jerusalem is very large and the old wall is small in comparison), but they certainly have a strong defense.

Truth7t7

The people there are not the current citizens of Israel. Many prophesies say how we Christians will go to live in all of the holy Land, soon after the Lord has cleared and cleansed it. As Joel 2:18-29 says. Note; verse 20 refers to the Gog attack.

T 7t7, if you read your Bible- Psalms 107 and Isaiah 66:18b-21, you would know how the Lord's faithful people will travel to the holy Land.
The righteous will live eternally in New Jerusalem, in the New Heaven and Earth, Isaiah 66:18-24

Jesus Christ returns in fire and final judgement, dissolving this earth by fire

There isnt going to be a future Millennial Kingdom on this earth, it will be gone, dissolved by fire (The End)

Isaiah 66:18-24KJV
18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.
21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Last edited: