Is the Father called "my God" in John 20:28?

OldShepherd

The JW,s didnt tell me those things, i looked it up myself. I would never believe catholicism translating. One can read it for 500 years, it still is lies to fit false council teachings. The protestants read it and ran. They just had no clue as to all the errors.
Jesus teaches--Johjn 17:3--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- In every translation on the planet--Teaching a trinity is calling Jesus a liar--We all must choose who we believe.
Nonsense. If you can't read Greek or Hebrew you have absolutely no basis for saying anything is mistranslated. Somebody had to tell you that. You have demonstrated that you can't read Greek therefore your claim is invalid. Here is a link to the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible which was translated by native Greek speaking scholars they have NEVER been associated with or controlled by the RCC.

Link: https://archive.org/details/New_Testament/page/n515/mode/2up

Here is a favorite vs. that false religious groups like to mistranslate.
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years +/- ago. Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars who translated the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB] know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the NT?
EOB Matthew 25 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left] will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”​

Our Lord's God

Nonsense. If you can't read Greek or Hebrew you have absolutely no basis for saying anything is mistranslated. Somebody had to tell you that. You have demonstrated that you can't read Greek therefore your claim is invalid. Here is a link to the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible which was translated by native Greek speaking scholars they have NEVER been associated with or controlled by the RCC.

Since knowledge is not a vaccination against confirmation bias, can you give us a certificate that these men were immune from confirmation bias?

Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years +/- ago. Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars who translated the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB] know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the NT?
EOB Matthew 25 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left] will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”​

OldShepherd

Since knowledge is not a vaccination against confirmation bias, can you give us a certificate that these men were immune from confirmation bias?
No YOU have to show conclusively that they were wrong. And unless you know Greek you can't do it. My guess is you don't know a aorist from an apple. What you will more than likely do is quote me some scholar, without a certificate, claim that scholar, is the be all, end all expert, simply because he tells you what you want to hear.

Our Lord's God

No YOU have to show conclusively that they were wrong.

No I don't. Where did you get that misguided notion from?

It is folly to suppose you need to trust any man - save the one God has approved.

And unless you know Greek you can't do it. My guess is you don't know a aorist from an apple. What you will more than likely do is quote me some scholar, without a certificate, claim that scholar, is the be all, end all expert, simply because he tells you what you want to hear.

Our Lord's God

No YOU have to show conclusively that they were wrong.

No I don't. Nobody is right by default until proven wrong.

And unless you know Greek you can't do it. My guess is you don't know a aorist from an apple.

You guessed wrong but its irrelevant to the point.

What you will more than likely do is quote me some scholar,

You are wrong again and again it is irrelevant to the point.

without a certificate, claim that scholar, is the be all, end all expert, simply because he tells you what you want to hear.

Wrong again.

I guess you are too busy with your fantasies to have a conversation in reality?

keiw

The blind guide pharisees who were keeping men from entering Gods kingdom, said it was impossible for Jesus and the apostles to be teachers of spiritual matters because they did not attend the schools of men. Same line of thinking from you. The teachers that Jesus appoint get Holy spirit, they do not need schools of men or to know languages.
Those men didnt have to have anything to do with Catholicism, when anyone else was allowed to translate= 1500,s only catholicism translating remained. No others were ever allowed to translate up until the 1500,s if they tried, were burned alive at the stake for heresy by catholicism clergys orders along with their translating. A man tells you the Greek ortho church started 2000 + years ago--no they did not. Catholicism was the first trinity based religion. In the 2nd century CE a man named Tertullian considered God to be a trinity-Why? Because no trinity was served at that point by any. That proves the GR ortho church was not here over 2000 years ago. 381 ce was when catholicism invented a trinity. No trinity was being taught or served at their first council in 325 ce, nor ever before that. Jesus and the apostles knew 0 of a trinity God. They clearly teach only the Father is God. Your eternal lifeboat is filled with holes-John 4:22-24--one must have truth to be acceptable worship to God. Your translations are erred and altered-0 doubt in reality.

OldShepherd

The blind guide pharisees who were keeping men from entering Gods kingdom, said it was impossible for Jesus and the apostles to be teachers of spiritual matters because they did not attend the schools of men. Same line of thinking from you. The teachers that Jesus appoint get Holy spirit, they do not need schools of men or to know languages.
Those men didnt have to have anything to do with Catholicism, when anyone else was allowed to translate= 1500,s only catholicism translating remained. No others were ever allowed to translate up until the 1500,s if they tried, were burned alive at the stake for heresy by catholicism clergys orders along with their translating. A man tells you the Greek ortho church started 2000 + years ago--no they did not. Catholicism was the first trinity based religion. In the 2nd century CE a man named Tertullian considered God to be a trinity-Why? Because no trinity was served at that point by any. That proves the GR ortho church was not here over 2000 years ago. 381 ce was when catholicism invented a trinity. No trinity was being taught or served at their first council in 325 ce, nor ever before that. Jesus and the apostles knew 0 of a trinity God. They clearly teach only the Father is God. Your eternal lifeboat is filled with holes-John 4:22-24--one must have truth to be acceptable worship to God. Your translations are erred and altered-0 doubt in reality.
In a court room that word salad would be called nonresponsive. It does not address anything I posted.

keiw

In a court room that word salad would be called nonresponsive. It does not address anything I posted.

You were assurring me that i or my teachers do not know what they are talking about if we dont know Greek. You are wrong. Eternal life is on the line. In 381 at the first council of Constantinople was where the trinity god was instilled as God, not ever before, never served by anyone before that which includes, Jesus and every bible writer. So since every bible writer had no clue of a trinity, they did not write about one. Errors in Catholicism translating to fit false council teachings by satans will is where thoughts of a trinity originate. All the facts prove it 100% reality.

OldShepherd

* * *Eternal life is on the line. In 381 at the first council of Constantinople was where the trinity god was instilled as God, not ever before, never served by anyone before that which includes, Jesus and every bible writer. * * *
Another case of you repeating what "leaders.""teachers,""pastors" have told you. PLease try to find a copy of the council of Constantinople and prove this.

keiw

Another case of you repeating what "leaders.""teachers,""pastors" have told you. PLease try to find a copy of the council of Constantinople and prove this.

You look it up. I am not your keeper, your eternal life depends on you making sure of all things. The new catholic encyclopedia( 1967) says-- The formulation, one God in three persons was not established certainly not assimilated into christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century( thats 381, the first council of Constantinople) Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective. Volume XIV page 299---
Thats because the Abrahamic God is and always was a single being God. The God taught to and served by Jesus and every bible writer.
Since we all know, entering Gods kingdom is the most valuable thing any mortal can get, And that God only accepts worship in spirit and TRUTH---Its worth the effort on each individuals part to be like the Bereans and make sure of all things.

Our Lord's God

You look it up. I am not your keeper, your eternal life depends on you making sure of all things. The new catholic encyclopedia( 1967) says-- The formulation, one God in three persons was not established certainly not assimilated into christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century( thats 381, the first council of Constantinople) Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective. Volume XIV page 299---

A Triune God was not on their radar at all. They knew who God was: the God of Jesus.

Thats because the Abrahamic God is and always was a single being God. The God taught to and served by Jesus and every bible writer.
Since we all know, entering Gods kingdom is the most valuable thing any mortal can get, And that God only accepts worship in spirit and TRUTH---Its worth the effort on each individuals part to be like the Bereans and make sure of all things.

The only God mentioned in Scripture is Jesus Christ's God. The God of Israel and the God of Jesus are equivalent identities.

"Hear O Israel, YHWH OUR God, YHWH is one." Deut 6:4

By definition, this is referring to Jesus Christ's God, the God of Israel, the God of Jesus.

keiw

A Triune God was not on their radar at all. They knew who God was: the God of Jesus.

The only God mentioned in Scripture is Jesus Christ's God. The God of Israel and the God of Jesus are equivalent identities.

"Hear O Israel, YHWH OUR God, YHWH is one." Deut 6:4

By definition, this is referring to Jesus Christ's God, the God of Israel, the God of Jesus.

Yes i agree-The Abrahamic God= YHWH(Jehovah) and at Isaiah 44:6--it says--I am YHWH(Jehovah) beside me( singular) there is no other God. And in psalm it clearly says--The LORD( YHWH) said to my Lord( Jesus) --proving Jesus is not YHWH(Jehovah)

johnny guitar

Christianity is the ONLY Trinity based religion and was so from Pentecost.

johnny guitar

Yes i agree-The Abrahamic God= YHWH(Jehovah) and at Isaiah 44:6--it says--I am YHWH(Jehovah) beside me( singular) there is no other God. And in psalm it clearly says--The LORD( YHWH) said to my Lord( Jesus) --proving Jesus is not YHWH(Jehovah)
David's ONE and ONLY Lord was YHWH.

OldShepherd

Sorry amigo. You make a claim it is your responsibility to back it up not tell someone else to go look it up. So either put up or ghost tough fit! link to my post https://forums.carm.org/threads/is-the-father-called-my-god-in-john-20-28.8886/post-808741

GeneZ

If Jesus came to earth with full function of His Deity? He could never have become the author and finisher of our faith.

He had to become as a man as to go through what we will face, as to pioneer the way (faith) to overcome what men face in the Devil's world.

If He came as God in function? Nothing would have tempted Him. We would have not been given the way needed to overcome the world as we are - men.

And, also as God? He could never have qualified to die in our place.

There are real reasons why He had to make Himself to become as a man.

He did such a great job of it? That it fools some who have tunnel vision when reading the Scriptures, and only see the passages that reveal his humanity in action....

Philippians 2:6-8

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

I wish some could see the Light at the end of the tunnel they are stuck in!

GeneZ

Indeed, seeing and believing Jesus Christ is our Lord and God.

Some just skim over the following passage and hear no good, and see no good.. and speak no good.

John 1:18

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest
relationship with the Father, has made him known.
[He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him

and He has made Him known].

Without help from the Humanity of Christ to make God knowable to us? Knowable in human terms that we as humans can relate to and understand? No one would "perceive" God. No one could see God...

Sad that some here plod through their walk never knowing God... Never know, by never realizing what they do know about God has come to us courtesy of the humanity of Christ who is interpreting the Father to us! Its why the Son has two natures. Being both fully God and Fully human? He fully knows God as humanly possible for any person, and gives to us that understanding though His Word.

All we know about God comes to us by the Interpretation of God by means of Jesus Christ who knows (as a man) all there is to know about God eternally. What He interprets for us will never end!

Last edited:

JNelson

If He came as God in function? Nothing would have tempted Him. We would have not been given the way needed to overcome the world as we are - men.
So he wasn’t God while human?
And, also as God? He could never have qualified to die in our place.
Right, because scriptures says it was a man who died for us not God, especially since God can’t die. The man who died for was raised by his God and Father, YHWH.

johnny guitar

So he wasn’t God while human?

Right, because scriptures says it was a man who died for us not God, especially since God can’t die. The man who died for was raised by his God and Father, YHWH.
Jesus Christ: God AND Man at all times.
Jesus Christ, who died for us was raised by Father, Son, Holy Spirit.