Is the Father called "my God" in John 20:28?

Men stood there and looked at Jesus. They heard Jesus. Some just would not get it.

Jesus did not walk away and say to himself... "wonder what it is that I am doing wrong?"

Part of adjustment to walking and advancing in Christ is learning to leave the dead wood where it belongs...
At best, We can just clear the dead wood off the pathway. But, leaving it behind.

Pour on all the water you want to. They just will not bud.

This was placed in the Word of God for our instruction on how to learn to walk.

Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer
from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When
he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because
I tell the truth, you do not believe me." John 8:43-45​

Walk away and allow God to heal what baffles us. That is.. If there is to be a healing.

Look at the Apostle Paul who approved and witnessed to the stoning of Stephen. No man won him over.

If the Lord is leading you to continue to interact? Fine. But he should know that we do not see ourselves as being able to convince him of anything.

That its all between him and the Lord ultimately. We are only like billboards along the road. Not the driver of his car.

grace and peace ..........
Sound advice and thanks for the reminder.

It IS in The NT: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
The Father can not be seen by man. John 1:18

The Father can be seen by men (as if God were a man) by means of Jesus manifesting all He is knowing and privileged to know about God by also being God, manifesting that expression as a man.

The Holy Spirit is like angels who can not be seen by man, but works actively and sensed within men's souls, guiding their thoughts and actions in the power of grace.

Yes tertullian mentioned a trinity, but no trinity was being taught or served at that point.. God is Theos when used alone sometimes in the NT, but where God-Ho Theos and plain Theos-god is in the same paragraph proves plain Theos is god small g. Otherwise plain Theos would occur in both spots in the same paragraph-Ho Theos was used to show a difference. It only occurs at John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4--one cannot translate both in different ways it would not make sense. But to fit a false council teaching is why it occurred in trinity translation. All are being mislead in a divided house it will not stand. God warned you all--GET OUT OF HER.
"Yes tertullian mentioned a trinity, but no trinity was being taught or served at that point.". Please do not make claims you can't back up. Provide some kind of evidence for this or forget it. Please do not refer to grammatical rules of any kind without evidence. This entire post is nothing but nonsense no, zero, none evidence for anything.

"Yes tertullian mentioned a trinity, but no trinity was being taught or served at that point.". Please do not make claims you can't back up. Provide some kind of evidence for this or forget it. Please do not refer to grammatical rules of any kind without evidence. This entire post is nothing but nonsense no, zero, none evidence for anything.
Plus all the ECF's some of whom were actual disciples of the Apostles all taught the Deity of Christ in their writings.

Most unitarians are revisionists lol.

The real question ....

When did the Bible recognize the Trinity?

Are we to gauge the veracity of its reality to be based upon the slowness of men to see it?

If you were alive at the time of Tertullian? And had access to the materials you now have? And, published your finds? It would be you who would be cited in this time in history as being famous.

Think about it....

Tertullian taught this about the Trinity (in heaven): "the three are one."

However it is possible to posit the Trinity (in heaven) this way: "the three are three and the three are in agreement and there is one God (the Father)"

Considering which of the above is the most scriptural, I would have to opt for the latter, in contradistinction to Tertullian and most Trinitarians today.

Tertullian taught this about the Trinity (in heaven): "the three are one."
However it is possible to posit the Trinity (in heaven) this way: "the three are three and the three are in agreement and there is one God (the Father)"
Considering which of the above is the most scriptural, I would have to opt for the latter, in contradistinction to Tertullian and most Trinitarians today.
When you have earned an advanced degree in Koine Greek, then your opinion on this topic might carry some weight. When quoting the ECF it is customary to cite the specific writing, chapter, section, paragraph etc.

Begotten does not mean created.....

And, He was eternally being before anything was created. So? How could He be created?

There is an answer. But if its only you who will see it? I will hold my breath.

If any Christian here wants to know how the Soul of Jesus could have been begotten by the Father (not created) I will answer them.

Not according to your teachers because truth exposes them as false. He is Gods master worker of Prov 8, no other can claim that title but the one who was beside God during creation. He tells all he was created at Prov 8-You wont believe him because you do not know him. You are being mislead.

But, Jesus is Soul - humanity. Angels are spirit.

To get this right requires we do not use sloppy thinking.

Jesus is humanity and Deity in Union. Soul and Deity.

Angels are spirit, not soul. Jesus was not an angel.

That is nonsense. No where does the bible teach that. In fact Peter assures all upon Jesus resurrection it was as a spirit. 1Peter 3:18

FYI, us and our is plural. You may want to re-read John 1:1&1:14 along with John 8:58 and John 20:28 which proves you’re wrong but hey if scripture can’t convince you of your error it’s on you.

In Isaiah it clearly says--I am YHWH(Jehovah) beside me( singular) there is no other God. Yes Jesus was beside God as his master worker that is the us. Read Prov 8

His personal name-Every spot in the NT where the OT is quoted and the name belongs. Your translations are altered by satans will, what dont you understand about that?
The Church is NOT concerned with the name of God in The OT in the nation of Israel, ONLY with His final name in the Church, found at Matthew 28:19.

Every scholar knows Tertullian was only considering God being a trinity. It was not being served until invented at 381 ce. By the religion that came out of Rome. Their own encyclopedia states that fact, as well it says The Apostolic Fathers knew nothing of a trinity. The God of Israel= The Abrahamic God= a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)

The Church is NOT concerned with the name of God in The OT in the nation of Israel, ONLY with His final name in the Church, found at Matthew 28:19.

Thats because they dont listen to the bible-Romans 10:13-14--Gods name must be used. God put his name in his written word because he wants it there, Its his will for it to be there. Satans will had it removed, those keeping it out are supporting satans will over Gods will. Thus them( 2Cor 11:12-15) and all using those altered versions cannot possibly accomplish Jesus Fathers will( Matt 7:21) and Jesus assures all--only those who do get to enter his kingdom. Jesus is not with a divided house that will not stand. He is with a single religion, 1Cor 1:10-Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division--this is a true mark of that 1 religion.

Plus all the ECF's some of whom were actual disciples of the Apostles all taught the Deity of Christ in their writings.

Most unitarians are revisionists lol.

Paul warned of all the false gods, then named the true God-He named only the Father 1Cor 8:5-6--Same as Jesus at John 4:22-24--warned of all the false gods then said-The true followers would worship the Father in spirit and truth.. Not Father, son and holy spirit. Peter teaches the Father is Jesus' God-1Pet 1:3, Jesus teaches that fact-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--As does Paul-Coll 1:3, Eph 1:13,17, plus a few other spots. They do not contradict themselves. Errors translated in to trinity translations contradict the truth.

Paul warned of all the false gods, then named the true God-He named only the Father 1Cor 8:5-6--Same as Jesus at John 4:22-24--warned of all the false gods then said-The true followers would worship the Father in spirit and truth.. Not Father, son and holy spirit. Peter teaches the Father is Jesus' God-1Pet 1:3, Jesus teaches that fact-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--As does Paul-Coll 1:3, Eph 1:13,17, plus a few other spots. They do not contradict themselves. Errors translated in to trinity translations contradict the truth.
The Son is called God directly several times and is also worshiped by Jews on many occasions.

Hope this helps !!!

That is nonsense. No where does the bible teach that. In fact Peter assures all upon Jesus resurrection it was as a spirit. 1Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit."

Bother to get the context??? Include vs 19 and 20, as well!

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. After being made alive, he went
and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— to those who were disobedient long ago
when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few
people, eight in all, were saved through water." 1Peter 3:18-20

That means the Holy Spirit empowered the soul of Jesus while his body lay in the tomb, to go below the earth to take care of needed business concerning condemned fallen angels of Noah's day. That took place before the resurrection of his body!

Back