Is the Father called "my God" in John 20:28?

Yes and Jesus called the Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD--WHY wont you believe him? If you are his follower then believe him.

We are not dull. We know He had to function as a perfect man as to qualify for the Cross.
Humanity is one of His two natures that are in union.

Of course, He would have to express Himself as being a man. Of course the Father is the God of His humanity.

No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me
and have believed that I came from God. I came from the Father
and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.
John 16:27-28​

That, my friend. Is no ordinary "man."

My post is 100% accurate. The translation in 1822 by a Greek scholar. His NT compared Greek to English side by side to prove a god was correct. He wasnt a JW. He sought truth and shared truth-18 other translations in history had the same-a god at John 1:1--and of course rejected by every trinity clergy because fact exposes them as false religion. They wouldnt exist if they showed truth.
Ah yes the ubiquitous anonymous Greek scholar. The usual Watchtower nonsense.
EOB John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was {what} God {was}. 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through him, and without him, nothing came into being that has come into being.​
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated Jn 1:1 "the Word was {what} God {was}. NOT "a god."
Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted above, know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:

Eternal life is knowing The Father and Son.

Yes!
Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us.”
Yeshua replied to him, “Have I been with you so long without your knowing me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? John 14:8-9

The Son is the Father's means to make Himself visible and tangible to men who would otherwise be unable to see the Father.

No one has ever seen God; but the only and unique Son, who is identical with God
and is at the Father’s side he has made him known." John 1:18​

Without the Son we could not see what the Father is towards us.

18 other UNKNOWN translations by single individuals.

Of course unknown, rejected by every trinity clergy-- The group called the many who walk the broad and spacious path. Few will find the road to life Jesus taught. Because FEW will believe truth over errors by satans will centuries ago through the religion that came out of Rome. When one checks facts there is 0 doubt in all creation--From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion, serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) the God taught and served by Jesus and every bible writer. One cannot get by the facts and possibly think they are a follower of Jesus.

We are not dull. We know He had to function as a perfect man as to qualify for the Cross.
Humanity is one of His two natures that are in union.

Of course, He would have to express Himself as being a man. Of course the Father is the God of His humanity.

No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me
and have believed that I came from God. I came from the Father
and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.
John 16:27-28​

That, my friend. Is no ordinary "man."

Yes he went back to heaven and sat at Gods right hand. He did not sit at his own right hand. And while sitting at Gods right hand made this clear-Rev 3:12

Ah yes the ubiquitous anonymous Greek scholar. The usual Watchtower nonsense.
EOB John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was {what} God {was}. 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through him, and without him, nothing came into being that has come into being.​
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated Jn 1:1 "the Word was {what} God {was}. NOT "a god."
Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted above, know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:

If they were real Greek scholars they would say truth about John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4-- God is called HoTheos at both spots in the Greek lexicons-trinity translations) and plain Theos gets god small g at both spots. you cant use the translating rule at one spot and not the other. Its deception to do so. And since we know 100% satan is not God and gets a small g god-for Plain Theos so does Jesus, its the whole reason the difference is there in both spots.
No they were not there 2000 years ago, that is a lie. Catholicism-the religion that came out of Rome was the first trinity religion, but they didnt serve a trinity until 381 when they invented it at the council of Constantinople. The Abrahamic God( YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God was served until that point.

If they were real Greek scholars they would say truth about John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4-- God is called HoTheos at both spots in the Greek lexicons-trinity translations) and plain Theos gets god small g at both spots. you cant use the translating rule at one spot and not the other. Its deception to do so. And since we know 100% satan is not God and gets a small g god-for Plain Theos so does Jesus, its the whole reason the difference is there in both spots.
No they were not there 2000 years ago, that is a lie. Catholicism-the religion that came out of Rome was the first trinity religion, but they didnt serve a trinity until 381 when they invented it at the council of Constantinople. The Abrahamic God( YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God was served until that point.
When you earn an advanced degree in koine Greek then and only then will you have the qualifications to say if something is right or wrong in any translation of the N.T. I learned to speak Greek more than 6 decades ago overseeing Greek workers in the Army and studied Greek at the graduate level about 4 decades ago. And I can safely say you don't know diddly about Greek. The "rules" you scribbling about do not exist. Theos occurs 12 times in John 1, vss, 1 2x, 2, 6,12, 13, 18, 29, 34, 36, 49 and 51.
Five times it does not have the definite article ho, ton, or tou. All three mean the same thing "the." The fact that you don't know that the definite article takes 3 forms ho, ton, and tou shows you don't know what you are talking about. Constantinople is a lie your JW leaders have fed you.
Clement [a.d. 153-193-217.] mentions Trinity 4 times.
Tertullian [a.d. 145-220] mentions Trinity 6 times

When you earn an advanced degree in koine Greek then and only then will you have the qualifications to say if something is right or wrong in any translation of the N.T. I learned to speak Greek more than 6 decades ago overseeing Greek workers in the Army and studied Greek at the graduate level about 4 decades ago. And I can safely say you don't know diddly about Greek. The "rules" you scribbling about do not exist. Theos occurs 12 times in John 1, vss, 1 2x, 2, 6,12, 13, 18, 29, 34, 36, 49 and 51.
Five times it does not have the definite article ho, ton, or tou. All three mean the same thing "the." The fact that you don't know that the definite article takes 3 forms ho, ton, and tou shows you don't know what you are talking about. Constantinople is a lie your JW leaders have fed you.
Clement [a.d. 153-193-217.] mentions Trinity 4 times.
Tertullian [a.d. 145-220] mentions Trinity 6 times

I dont need to earn a degree in Greek-- a 10 year old who knows a little Greek would know the translating rule is the same at both spots. Clement might mention a trinity but one was not being served. Tertullian mentioned God might be a trinity as well in the second century, Because a single being God was being served. The real God.
If you are knowledgable in Greek then explain why the translating rule is not followed in trinity translations at John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4 and why there is a difference of God being called Ho Theos and the other 2 are not. Why the difference? And you my as well explain Why the one you claim to follow teaches he has a God just like we do John 20:17, rev 3:12--and why every time God and Jesus are mentioned in the same paragraph its always separate. And Why Jesus and Paul name who the true God is after warning about all of the false gods at John 4:22-24 and 1 Cor 8:5-6 and why only the Father is named? Someone is in error. Its not Jesus and Paul.

Yes he went back to heaven and sat at Gods right hand. He did not sit at his own right hand. And while sitting at Gods right hand made this clear-Rev 3:12
Do you know what it meant to sit at the right hand?

Other than the Father? None is higher than Him. By all creation He is to be worshiped as God.

And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.”

Hebrews 1:6

Firstborn was always the Heir. All that is the Father's is also His.

"Let US make man in OUR image." (coincidence)

He went BACK to Heaven, because He was in Heaven before coming to earth.

From where I come from? That does not sound simply to be just about a man.

But, to a ten year old? He might not grasp abstract logic of thinking in terms of infinity and eternity timelessness.

The Soul of Jesus was eternally existing!

The Lord Jehovah of Israel had two natures. Both immaterial. The body for that Soul was supplied in the Incarnation.

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. Moreover, I will make
My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you.'I will also walk among you and
be your God, and you shall be My people."

Lev 26:10-12

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul
became impatient because of the trouble of Israel.

Judges 10:16

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving violence
his soul certainly hates."

Psalm 11:5

I dont need to earn a degree in Greek-- a 10 year old who knows a little Greek would know the translating rule is the same at both spots. Clement might mention a trinity but one was not being served. Tertullian mentioned God might be a trinity as well in the second century, Because a single being God was being served. The real God.
If you are knowledgable in Greek then explain why the translating rule is not followed in trinity translations at John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4 and why there is a difference of God being called Ho Theos and the other 2 are not. Why the difference? And you my as well explain Why the one you claim to follow teaches he has a God just like we do John 20:17, rev 3:12--and why every time God and Jesus are mentioned in the same paragraph its always separate. And Why Jesus and Paul name who the true God is after warning about all of the false gods at John 4:22-24 and 1 Cor 8:5-6 and why only the Father is named? Someone is in error. Its not Jesus and Paul.
Don't ask me questions until you respond to mine . You are the one spouting an nonexistent rule. Show me from a Greek grammar if you even know what that means this so-called rule you are talking about. If you can't do it forever hold your peace. I am not interested in silly opinions. Go back and you explain to me why 4 times in John 1 Theos does not have the definite article Clement - might this or that means you don't know what you are talking about just guessing because I showed you to be wrong. Don't spout scripture such as John 1:1 without quoting them, Don't spout off about Tertullian you don't know what you are talking about, He mentioned Trinity 6 times.

Of course unknown, rejected by every trinity clergy-- The group called the many who walk the broad and spacious path. Few will find the road to life Jesus taught. Because FEW will believe truth over errors by satans will centuries ago through the religion that came out of Rome. When one checks facts there is 0 doubt in all creation--From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion, serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) the God taught and served by Jesus and every bible writer. One cannot get by the facts and possibly think they are a follower of Jesus.
NO name of YHWH or Jehovah in the NT.

Unchecked Copy Box
Gen 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Keep following those with an agenda to destroy the continuity and truth of scripture we will see how that works out for you.

Think about.... There are believers in this world dumb enough to handle snakes and drink poison. They exist.

What if some well intentioned folks here were trying to reason with someone on that level?

How long should one persist?

Unchecked Copy Box
Gen 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Keep following those with an agenda to destroy the continuity and truth of scripture we will see how that works out for you.
Amen no getting around that since man was created in the image of God, not angels so the we,us, our cannot be angels but only God in the passage.

Think about.... There are believers in this world dumb enough to handle snakes and drink poison. They exist.

What if some well intentioned folks here were trying to reason with someone on that level?

How long should one persist?
Until the Holy Spirit tells you to stop.

Back