Is the idea of the sacrarium a little strange?

balshan

From Catholic answers:

The Catholic Church teaches that after the valid words of institution by an ordained priest, Christ is really, truly, and substantially present in every discernible particle of what appears to be bread and wine. ...

For this reason, every parish sacristy has a special sink called a sacrarium that empties directly into the ground rather than into the sewer system, so that any remaining particles are properly buried when the vessels are washed. These practices are a sign of tremendous respect for Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. ...

Catholics believe that because the Eucharist is Jesus Christ—the second person of the Blessed Trinity, fully human and fully divine—it is due reverence and adoration.
I am finding this strange they have a special sink so Jesus doesn't go through the sewer but He goes through the sewer when he is expelled from our bodies.

I copied this from another thread.

I am finding this strange they have a special sink so Jesus doesn't go through the sewer but He goes through the sewer when he is expelled from our bodies.

... sacrarium that empties directly into the ground ...
Not only does the RCC immolate their Jesus thousands of times a day, they also bury him.

Leave it to the romanist religion to come up with the most insane thing to feed their minions. And they swallow this swill with enthusiasm! And will defend that regurgitated garbage to their dying breath. Pitiful at best!

That does sound a little strange, but we have one of those in my church, too. Any wine leftover after Communion is poured into this sink, where it goes upon the ground. However, it has nothing to do with keeping it out of the sewer system. It is because the grapes used to make the wine came from vines grown on the ground, so the wine is returned to the ground.

I have never heard of this "sewer" reason for having this special sink.

Yeah I'll bet the first century Thessalonian church had one of those thingies too.

God forbid a crumb drops on the floor and gets ate by a mouse and then the mouse obtains eternal life.

This is what happens when you have crazy errors. One crazy belief leads to the next.

That does sound a little strange, but we have one of those in my church, too. Any wine leftover after Communion is poured into this sink, where it goes upon the ground. However, it has nothing to do with keeping it out of the sewer system. It is because the grapes used to make the wine came from vines grown on the ground, so the wine is returned to the ground.

I have never heard of this "sewer" reason for having this special sink.

That is why you have "the special sink".

That is why you have "the special sink".
No, it isn't. The wine was made from the fruit of grapevines. It was grown in
the earth, and to the earth, it returns.

Besides, what is the big deal
between having the bread and wine pass through our digestive track, and pouring it down a regular sink? The water would be cleansed at the water treatment facility.

But the grapes that made the wine came from the earth, and to earth it returns.That is why it is poured onto the ground in our church.

Last edited:
Back