Is the KJV based on the Reformation text of Tyndale and Luther?

BJ Bear

blah blah

Then answer the simple question.
Only an onlyist need answer the question since an onlyist is by definition claiming a single correct text.
What texts from Erasmus, Stephanus and/or Beza that are in the AV do you believe are not the word of God.

Your diversions above are irrelevant. Note "that are in the AV".
Since it seems you are an onlyist what are your answers to the question asked of you?

Steven Avery

Only an onlyist need answer the question since an onlyist is by definition claiming a single correct text.
Since it seems you are an onlyist what are your answers to the question asked of you?

Do you have anything relevant to say on the topic?

BJ Bear

Do you have anything relevant to say on the topic?
Yes, but you ignored it or overlooked it in your response. Since you are an onlyist and by definition claim only one correct text what is your answer to the question being asked of you?

If your answer as an onlyist in this regard is not relevant then that holds true even more so for the the non-onlyist.

Steven Avery

Yes, but you ignored it or overlooked it in your response. Since you are an onlyist and by definition claim only one correct text what is your answer to the question being asked of you? If your answer as an onlyist in this regard is not relevant then that holds true even more so for the the non-onlyist.

Your posts make no sense.

CES1951

Public service announcement: It's wasting your time reading these threads. Same arguments have been going on for years. No one's mind has been changed as far as I know.

Last edited:

logos1560

Public service announcement: It's wasting your time reading these threads. Same arguments have been going on for years. No one's mind has been changed as far as I know.
Your announcement is not a public service and it is a waste of time and is off topic

You do not really know whether any readers have ever changed their minds. You are merely speculating. No one forces you to read the posts at this forum.

imJRR

By your own argument, then, you have no need or reason to post here.
(shrug) Okay.

CES1951

No one forces you to read the posts at this forum.
I DON'T read them.....you read one, you've read them all. Same thing, year after countless year! Sad that you all don't have better things to do. And no one forces you to read my posts either. They're MY opinions on the matter of KJVO. Much ado about nothing. Carry on, I guess........your circus, your clown. However, you should know that a lot of people find you all ridiculous. :)

Last edited:

imJRR

I DON'T read them.....you read one, you've read them all. Same thing, year after countless year! Sad that you all don't have better things to do. And no one forces you to read my posts either. They're MY opinions on the matter of KJVO. Much ado about nothing. Carry on, I guess........your circus, your clown. However, you should know that a lot of people find you all ridiculous. :)

By the above, it is also then probably a fair bet that "a lot of people" find refuting the JWs and Mormons and Christadelphians "ridiculous" as well, since what you say above can also be applied to those boards about it being highly doubtful that anything on those boards has ever caused a JW or Mormon or Christadelphian to leave their cult.

On the other hand - You don't know if that's happened or not. None of us do. For all you or anyone knows, some seeds of doubt have been planted.

And actually, I believe I DID read where someone recently came back to CARM who was a Mormon years ago and credited this place for planting seeds of doubt in their mind as to the validity of Mormonism.

At any rate - I will suggest you complain to CARM leadership instead of trying to lecture participants here.

logos1560

I DON'T read them.....you read one, you've read them all. Same thing, year after countless year!
Your allegation is simply not true. All the posts by non-KJV-only Bible believers are not the same thing. Different non-KJV-only believers have different approaches and differences in what they assert.

Since you admit that you don't read them all, you in effect admit that you are speculating about their contents and in many cases may be actually misrepresenting their contents that you have not read. You in effect admit that you do not read the posts that may have shared new research and new points. Some may consider your speculating and making allegations about posts that you have not read ridiculous.

Last edited: