Is the mandela effect in the bible ? Is it biblical ?

Arikel88

In a religious context, you might want to look for a case where an event happened and then a person prayed asking for the event to happen differently, and then it turned out that the event had in fact happened as the prayer requested. I can't think of any Biblical events where the Bible makes this kind of event clear.

In one example, based on all available evidence, a person dies. The person is wrapped up in a sheet and put in a tomb, and the tomb seems to stink from the rot. The person's relatives are really sad and pray that the person recovers miraculously or didn't really die. Then it turns out that the person is calling from the tomb. In that case, we don't know if
(A) the person really died and then resurrected, or
(B) only seemed to be dead and then recovered, or
(C) the person really died and then God changed the past and the person's death was removed. Option (C) would be the Mandela effect.

In the Bible, we have the story of Lazarus being raised by Jesus, and the Bible presents the event as Option (A), because Lazarus' raising serves as a prefigurement of Jesus' resurrection.

However, one could also imagine a scenario that fits into Option C because God is outside time and beyond time. Theoretically, it seems that God could change the past in response to a current day prayer. However, I can't think of any cases where the Bible mentions this happening directly.

The Victoria Dispatch article seems to give examples where people misremembered something that happened in the Bible's narrative (eg. misremembering Eve's fruit as specifically an apple), rather than a clear specific case where the Mandela effect occurred. (https://www.kenbridgevictoriadispat...-shows-up-in-what-we-believe-about-the-bible/)

The Deconverted Man article is like that too, describing cases where people misremember what's in the Bible (like misremembering Isa 11 as being about a lion and a lamb), rather than the past actually having changed according to the Bible. (https://thedeconvertedman.com/the-mandela-effect-and-the-bible/)

In the story of Jonah, God gave Jonah a prediction that NIneveh would be destroyed. Jonah then warned Nineveh, Nineveh repented, and God spared Nineveh.
-- In one explanation, you could imagine that (A) Jonah was living on a timeline where Nineveh would get destroyed, but then due to Nineveh's repentence, God changed the events on the timeline, so that Nineveh would no longer get destroyed. If somehow you were standing at a point in the "original timeline" after the destruction of Nineven, and then watched God change Nineveh's fate, you would experience something like the Mandela effect.
-- In another explanation, you could imagine that (B) God knew ahead of time that Nineveh would repent and wouldn't get destroyed, but God had to put the warning in a very absolute way, so that Nineveh would get the message strongly enough. In Theory (B), the timeline was always that Nineveh would survive, but God's warning made it sound like Nineveh was going to get destroyed. My guess is that people usually think that Explanation B is what happened in the Bible.

There was an Israeli study on "Retroactive" Prayer. The study found that if people prayed for the recovery of a group of people who had been sick, then the sick people were more likely to have recovered. Chronologically, what happened is that Person A is sick, Person A recovers, then person X prays that Person A recovers, without knowing that Person A recovered.

The study's researchers concluded that (A) studies about the effectiveness of prayer must be garbage because retroactive prayer must be impossible. I am not ready to endorse this conclusion however. In my mind, the study actually opens the door to (B) Retroactive Prayer being possibly effective. Option (B) would also be like the Mandela effect.

thier mistake is on links didn't check them thought they were about people seeing the amtrix and seeing glitches but mistake i do believe in king james version and believe in bible what i was aiming was this.

No way i'm saying error in the bible i'm meaning that they fell prey of mandela effect like people modern times have. Not in bible, A mistake on putting the links I didn't check them well just thought they were about peopole experiencing the mandela effect that they realize we are in A simulation created by God and in this construct universe where things like this happen.

just imagine if hebrew people could percieve that we are all living in a matrix or simulation !

so mistaek sorry for the error i'm talking about people seeing this errie thinsg happen in real lfie and talking about that ! but didn't check the links and and other posts in other forums it is A mess. Sorry for this misconceptcion but aiming at this that we are in matrix and mandela effect is from God universe that we see it and things move in those eerie directions like the twilight show and such things happen in real life !

It sounds like you are trying to look at the Bible for this.
One situation where the world seems rather otherworldly is in the state of being before the Fall. During the story of the Fall, God gave Adam and Eve garments of flesh. You can ask what those garments were. One theory is that God gave them bodies of flesh, called "garments", and that before the Fall, their bodies were more like bodies of light and less fleshy. Of course, Adam was made from the clay of the earth originally, so you can ask how solid this pre-Fall theory of Man's state of being is. Nonetheless, there are some evidence and arguments for thinking that Adam's body and situation was qualitatively different. He had not yet sinned, and so you can ask if Adam, in his pre-sin state, had immortality. Was he in an immortal body, and what was that body like.

A second situation where reality seems otherworldly is in the Eschatological future heavenly city of the saints, like the New Jerusalem. In their resurrected state in the new earth, there won't be death or suffering or sin, so you can ask what time will be like. Will people simply cease to age? Will time stay still in some way? Will people be able to deliberately walk across time?

Otherwise though, the Bible doesn't seem to paint a clear picture of earth as being like the Matrix or just a simulation, like a purely imaginary, dream world or fake simulation space. At best, you could probably try to look for specific incidences that could serve as evidence for a Matrix-like world. For example, if Jesus walked on water, then you could theorize that Jesus was a divine being (God) with the power to practically treat the world like it was the Matrix under his control, something that he could levitate on as he pleased. However, the Bible does not really seem to openly lay out the Matrix theory. The Bible just seems to theorize that God is in control and can do anything that God wants, without theorizing that the world is itself by its very nature just a simulation or dreamlike place.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some Christian theologians over the past 20 centuries who have thought that the world could be like a dream in the mind of God.

yes otherwordly is what i'm talking about dream like states in A dream, mandela effect is part of that ! Nothing about originaltiy of kjs version of the bible I believe in it somehow wrote it and didn't check the links sorry about it.

Back