Is the one God (THEOS) Jesus?

Yahchristian

Well what are you going to do with 1 Corinthians 8:6? "yet for us there is but one God, the Father etc." So, is the one God (THEOS) Jesus in this verse?

Yes. There is only one God (THEOS), and Jesus is God.

The name “the Father” refers to the one God (THEOS) in transcendence and the name “Jesus Christ” refers to the one God (THEOS) incarnate.

1 Corinthians 8:6... But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So what do YOU believe...

The name “the Father” refers to the one God (THEOS) in transcendence and the name “Jesus Christ” refers to the one God (THEOS) incarnate.

1 Corinthians 8:6... But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Yes! Does the one include the person of God the Father? Does the one God include the person of God the Holy Spirit? Yes or No?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

I know you say Yes, but just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Is the one God (THEOS) Jesus in 1 Corinthians 8:6?

Does the one include the person of God the Father? Does the one God include the person of God the Holy Spirit? Yes or No?

No. I define “a person” as “a spirit or human being” and the ONE God is ONE “spirit being”.

What is your definition for “a person” so that the ONE God is not ONE Person?

Yep, but NOT Jesus ONLY.

Read the context of what Paul is saying. At vs5 he is telling them there are "so-called" gods which means they are not really and truly gods, they are idols.

Then at vs6 he says, "yet (or listen), for us as Christians there is only one God the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him/this one God, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." The cults latch on to this verse to prove, "See there is only one God the Father, therefore Jesus cannot be God."

Our relationship with the Father is only realized or possible through the "Lord Jesus Christ" who is seen in His functions of Master, Mediator, and Friend. Such faith in Jesus Christ leaves no place for false deities. So the bottom line in regards to your question is the one being of God consist of three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit although the Holy Spirit is not specifically mentioned here. This means from the context your question is "moot" which means the subject under discussion is disputed.

Now please, don't ask me the question again or in another way because that would be "moot" as well.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Yes! Does the one include the person of God the Father? Does the one God include the person of God the Holy Spirit? Yes or No?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
The Father is a Person, the Son is a Person and the Holy Spirt is a Person. They are not each other which is oneness. I’m seeing more oneness here and not as many unitarians.

No. I define “a person” as “a spirit or human being” and the ONE God is ONE “spirit being”.

What is your definition for “a person” so that the ONE God is not ONE Person?
Just to be clear, my "Yes" is a rhetorical "yes." Meaning I was surprised you said such a thing that "no" does not include God the Father even though He is mentioned in the verse.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Read the context of what Paul is saying. At vs5 he is telling them there are "so-called" gods which means they are not really and truly gods, they are idols.

Then at vs6 he says, "yet (or listen), for us as Christians there is only one God the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him/this one God, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." The cults latch on to this verse to prove, "See there is only one God the Father, therefore Jesus cannot be God."

Our relationship with the Father is only realized or possible through the "Lord Jesus Christ" who is seen in His functions of Master, Mediator, and Friend. Such faith in Jesus Christ leaves no place for false deities. So the bottom line in regards to your question is the one being of God consist of three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit although the Holy Spirit is not specifically mentioned here. This means from the context your question is "moot" which means the subject under discussion is disputed.

Now please, don't ask me the question again or in another way because that would be "moot" as well.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Yes they try the same argumentation with John 17:3 when the context it’s the Son declaring His equality with the Father in Eternal Life along with His eternality sharing the sane glory with the Father before creation in John 17:5. Like all cults they isolate verses to deny the Trinity.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, my "Yes" is a rhetorical "yes." Meaning I was surprised you said such a thing that "no" does not include God the Father even though He is mentioned in the verse.

Where did I say “no”?

You asked whether Jesus was the one God...

Well what are you going to do with 1 Corinthians 8:6? "yet for us there is but one God, the Father etc." So, is the one God (THEOS) Jesus in this verse?

I believe Jesus is the incarnation of the one God so I answered...

Then I asked you...

You initially said Yes!

But just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Please post your final non-rhetorical answer to the question...

Where did I say “no”?

You asked whether Jesus was the one God...

I believe Jesus is the incarnation of the one God so I answered...

Then I asked you...

You initially said Yes!

But just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Please post your final non-rhetorical answer to the question...

Yep, as well as The Father and The Holy Spirit.
Next....................

Back