Is The Rapture in the Bible? (2)

Pipiripi

WHY IS JESUS COMING 'AS A THIEF' FOR?

There are many Christians who hold onto those few words ... "coming as a thief" ... separating them from the context and believe for the church. But let us look at what the apostle Paul says regarding Jesus coming 'as a thief'.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5

These things become so clear when we read the context, rather than separating small pieces of scripture and building a faulty teaching of them. Can you see what Paul is saying above? WHO is Jesus going to return 'as a thief' for? THE WORLD! For whom does Jesus 'come suddenly', without them being aware? THE LOST. Which ties in perfectly with the parable of the wheat and the tares, wherein the LOST are gathered FIRST. Paul confirms above in 1 Thessalonians 5 that the saints are NOT overtaken 'as a thief', because we will be watching and waiting for the Lord, expecting His return.

Matthew 24:42-43

Can we know what "watch" the Lord is coming in? YES! This is why we are given signs of the times in the Bible, so we can know in which watch the Lord will return. We do not know the hour, but we CAN know in what 'watch', which is why the 'goodman of the house ' (the saints) ARE WATCHING AND WAITING!

John 10:10

What does a thief come to do? To steal and destroy! Is Jesus coming to steal and destroy His church? No! He is coming back to steal and destroy the wicked. This is how Jesus is coming back as a thief for - the lost! But the church will be watching, and will NOT "suffer their house to be broken up." Oh how the truth becomes so clear when we read things in context!

Jesus is NOT coming back as a thief for the church. He is coming as a thief for the world!

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE WORLD?

For Jesus to say "end of the world", there must be some destructive event to take place right? So what event is coming that the world be an "end of the world" event? THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST JESUS! Take a look at the following Bible verses describing the second coming and you will see that THIS is the event that will "end this world" as we know it.

Revelation 1:7. 2 Peter 3:10. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8. Psalm 50:3-4. Isaiah 34:8-10.

Sound like an end of the world event doesn't it? The destroying force of the second coming of Christ Jesus, as shown in the Bible verses above, will cause the earth to be "laid waste" as described in Isaiah above. Which means that the world will NOT continue on as we know it now, which the rapture theory proclaims. Instead, the wicked will be destroyed and the earth will be laid waste. And it is AT THIS TIME that the saints are taken to heaven, not before.

BUT WHAT ABOUT ONE TAKEN AND ONE LEFT BEHIND?

Matthew 24:37-42.

This is a such misunderstood passage of scripture today. Take a look at the context of the above Bible verses. Do you see that Jesus is telling us that His second coming will be like what happened in Noah's day? And what happened in the days of Noah? The above verse tells us. The flood DESTROYED the earth, taking away the wicked and leaving behind God's people (Noah's family). Who was "taken away" and who was "left behind" in Noah's day? Take a look at the above verses again. It was the wicked who were TAKEN and Noah was LEFT BEHIND! And this is what Christ is pointing us to. He is saying that the day is coming when the earth will be destroyed again and the wicked will be TAKEN and the saints will be LEFT BEHIND.

Please take note of the following VITAL point.

Luke 17:35-37.

Why did the disciples ask 'WHERE, LORD'? Were they wondering where the one left behind was? No, that person would be in the same place as they were. So the disciples are clearly asking where has the one taken gone. And what did Jesus say? "Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together." The body? In the original language, the word Eagle can also mean Vulture. And where do Vultures gather? Where there is a dead body! And look at what Job says about the Eagle:

Job 39:27-30.

And in Matthew 24,Jesus even makes it clearer by saying it is a CARCASS! So the one taken is the wicked who will be killed.

And what did we already confirm would happen during the harvest at the end? Let's read it again ... 'and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together FIRST the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.' (Matthew 13) ... The wicked are "taken" first and the saints are left behind to then be "gathered into MY barn" (taken to heaven).

The whole context of Matthew 24 is a warning for us to "watch and be ready " so that the "sudden destruction" that is to come upon the world (1 Thessalonians 5:3) will not TAKE US by surprise. Just like what happened in Noah's day. Who were taken? The wicked. Who were left behind? Noah and his family!

CAUGHT UP TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR

In light of what we have learned above. What does it mean when the Bible says we will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air? Exactly as it says! You see, those who hold to the rapture theory try to get something out of this verse that just isn't there! The truth is, when Christ Jesus returns at the second coming, the wicked will be destroyed, the dead saints will be resurrected and the saints who are still alive will be "caught up" to meet Jesus in the air. And then we will be taken to heaven to start the 1000 year millennium.

And why do we "meet the Lord in the air"? Because Jesus is NOT going to set foot upon the earth during the second coming. And the second phase of His return with the saints will be at the END of the 1000 year millennium. This is another misunderstanding that the rapture theory causes. Jesus is not going to rule on earth during the 1000 years. Instead, we are going to be in heaven with Him during this time, and the earth will be "laid waste" from His second coming. And only AFTER the 1000 years will we return to earth with Christ.

The rapture theory is a false teaching, and the Bible proves that fact. But please know that if people do suddenly "disappear", Satan and his angels will be behind it!

Keraz

The truth is, when Christ Jesus returns at the second coming, the wicked will be destroyed, the dead saints will be resurrected and the saints who are still alive will be "caught up" to meet Jesus in the air. And then we will be taken to heaven to start the 1000 year millennium.
I agree: there is no 'rapture to heaven', before the forthcoming trials and testing.

But this is where you go wrong.
The Millennium reign of Jesus is on earth. Proved by how the nations will come to Zion to worship Jesus. Zechariah 14:16-21

Also; only the martyrs killed during the Great Trib will be resurrected. Revelation 20:4-5, The rest of the dead await the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium.

CharismaticLady

I agree: there is no 'rapture to heaven', before the forthcoming trials and testing.

The Millennium reign of Jesus is on earth. Proved by how the nations will come to Zion to worship Jesus. Zechariah 14:16-21

Also; only the martyrs killed during the Great Trib will be resurrected. Revelation 20:4-5, The rest of the dead await the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium.
Actually, I think ALL martyrs including the apostles will rule during the Millennium. Why do you believe it is only from during the GT? Rev. 7?

But I do believe that after the 1000 years the second resurrection will be Christians and the unsaved according to whether their names are in the Book of Life or not. It is not just the unsaved as some believe I don't think. What about you?

Pipiripi

Okay, I understand your believing about the millennium. Do you want to read how I believe in the 1000 year millennium? Prepare because I'm gonna write it now okay. It is a little long because I must prove you BIBLICAL why I believe that the 1000 year millennium is in heaven.

Keraz

Actually, I think ALL martyrs including the apostles will rule during the Millennium. Why do you believe it is only from during the GT? Rev. 7?
No; from the clearly stated prophecy in Revelation 20:4-5.
But I do believe that after the 1000 years the second resurrection will be Christians and the unsaved according to whether their names are in the Book of Life or not. It is not just the unsaved as some believe I don't think. What about you?
I agree with this. EVERYONE will stand before God on His Great White Throne. Revelation 20:11-15
Only then, will the Book of Life be opened and immortality given to those whose names are found Written in it.

Pipiripi

No; from the clearly stated prophecy in Revelation 20:4-5.

I agree with this. EVERYONE will stand before God on His Great White Throne. Revelation 20:11-15
Only then, will the Book of Life be opened and immortality given to those whose names are found Written in it.
Don't you know that judgment has already begin? What do you think that Jesus is doing right now?
Don't you know when Jesus comes now, He will brings the reward for every people for the saved and unsafe!! Search in the book of Revelation!!

e v e

The Change paul describes
when His souls are restored to their imperishable eden nature , is what His sons and daughters wait for

not a general rapture…

e v e

Okay, I understand your believing about the millennium. Do you want to read how I believe in the 1000 year millennium? Prepare because I'm gonna write it now okay. It is a little long because I must prove you BIBLICAL why I believe that the 1000 year millennium is in heaven.
eden paradise is where we are returning - the new eden

e v e

I will read it later. But we must speak the way it is written in the Bible. Because when we come back on earth with Jesus it is after the 1000 years Millennial. The whole world will be Eden!!
the way it is translated is esaus corruption.

i won’t use esaus phrasing….

this world will not be eden.
it will be destroyed, see prophets.

eden is in the other world and will be restored.

Pipiripi

the way it is translated is esaus corruption.

i won’t use esaus phrasing….

this world will not be eden.
it will be destroyed, see prophets.

eden is in the other world and will be restored.
Yes it will be destroyed above. Everything upon it will burn out. And then God will restore it again.

Look in my thread the Millennium!!

Pipiripi

this current earth is what’s to be destroyed.
Yes, but only the upper level of this world. Read Revelation 20 till 22. There is some symbolically languages into it. But read what will happened after the 1000 years millennium.

e v e

Yes, but only the upper level of this world. Read Revelation 20 till 22. There is some symbolically languages into it. But read what will happened after the 1000 years millennium.
this entire earth is in the upper western north of the tree of good and evil, which is a realm where the fallen ones built their
cities atop eden after her destruction…

look up world tree. in the image the large tree is the tree of of good and evil, the round disc shaped land their ’heaven’
(the dragon sitting on the waters)

eden (the waters, life) is below that disc…

eden is the earth and His creation….
and was never the current earth

this earth is their prison to keep the fallen situation going….

e v e

and in the image you can see how the lampstands been mutilated by their construction at that round disc area